Acquana's Art Thread -- Closed, New Thread Started

Breakstone

First Post
Wow! Those are all quite excelent, Acquana! Everything "flows" together quite nicely... the composition, the linework, the details... I especially love the two half-minotaurs. Good show!

Acquana

First Post
02/01/05

As a slightly different pace, here's a modern man. Or at least one who's been around long enough to be in modern times. This is Compte de St. Germain, one of the handful aside from dear Mr. Flammel who is credited as discovering the elixir of life, from a comic my boyfriend and I are working on.

02_01_05.jpg

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Acquana said:
Of course once I get into the groove of drawing every day again I'll gladly take requests. For now I'm going to try to get some character sketches of ones I haven't pegged down yet from my games and stuff.

So when do you think you'll start taking taking requests? And will you take requests for free images, as you're doing them now?

Your art is great, BTW. I really like the elemental mages, Quilathe, and Compte de St. Germain.

Cheers!

KF72

Acquana

First Post
Yup. This thread is free now and forever. And if you've got requests, I'll take 'em!

And thus the floodgates are released.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Let's see....

build: Althetic Frame.

Weapon: Large sized Greatsword (individual uses the old Monkeygrip Feat)

Armor: Breastplate

Helm: Opened face helm with visor over eyes. Hair spills past helm to shoulders.

Other Bits: Long flowing cape.

Oversized leather gauntlets with metal stud knuckles.

Belt with metallic belt buckle.

Boots mid-range with cuffs.

Bobitron

Explorer
I'm really impressed! I hope this is a great outlet for you, sounds like you might really enjoy getting back into drawing everyday.

I have a request, if you like. I play a gnoll in a PBP adventure here, and I'd love to see what you could do. He is a ranger in the Eberron setting. Have fun!

Here's the appearance section form my character sheet.

Appearance: Luthal is a powerful creature, towering over most he meets, and is built of 300 pounds of muscle and sinew. His broad frame is covered with short reddish brown hair, lengthening on his back, and forming a mane on his head and neck. Darker spots begin on his neck and continue down to his shoulders. He wears leather armor that has seen much use, and bears a pair of axes, a larger on in his primary hand, and small throwing axe in his left. Luthal’s voice is rather high considering his bulk, and he breaks into gnoll to curse or when trying to describe complex thoughts. He is quick to laugh and speak, but has learned to stay quiet when needed, especially among strangers.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Acquana said:
Yup. This thread is free now and forever. And if you've got requests, I'll take 'em!

And thus the floodgates are released.

Ok, here's an important NPC from my World of Kulan Campaign Setting. Let me know if you need any clarifications. - KF72

ANDERS CARRIN, MERCHANT LORD OF XCELLIAN
Stats: dm (torin) / 8th level fighter, 8th level trader / lawful neutral
Homeland: The City-state of Xcellian
Personality: Stubborn, knowledgeable, and auspicious.

Appearance: Anders is a tall, stocky, dwarven man with a confident, stern smile and unshakeable set of values. While most Torin dwarves are known for their wild, unkempt nature, Anders isn't most Torin. He keeps his face clean shaven except for his neatly-trimmed, braided goatee. His hair is dark brown, cut medium in length with six thick braids spaced evenly around his head.

As a powerful and wealthy merchant, Anders is often draped in the finest garments to be had, in the lands of the Far South, which tend to be muted in color and style. He is not one to be seen as garish, ever. This, strangely, has made the dwarven man a trend maker in the latest fashions in the City-state of Xcellian, which he abhores. Anders only wears rings and other jewelry when such items are magical and he is never without his ring of protection.

As the Merchant Lord of Xcellian, Anders has access to almost any weapon or armor he would ever need. However, he is never without his specially forged magical longsword, which has a blade one and half times as wide as a normal longsword. It is said the sword never dulls and glows a deep green when in the presence of shapechangers. When he does wear armor, it is usually light or piecemail, as the Far South is known for its extreme temperatures during the daylight hours.

Description/Background: Anders Carrin is the fourth son of, the now deceased, Brejan Carrin of the Carrin-Austil Mercantile House of Xcellian. Cam House as it often referred to, is the largest and most powerful trading house in Xcellian and it seemed unlikely that Anders would ever have inherited the Carrin family side of the business. (The other family is called the Austils, who have a different leader. The two families are aligned by bloodline.)

However, his three older brothers were drawn into the adventuring life at a young age. His two oldest brothers never came back, while his other elder brother came back completely mad. This left only Anders to inherit the Carrin side of the business. However, he too caught the adventuring bug and sailed off to ‘find his fate’ against the wishes of Lord Brejan.

Unlike his brothers, luck seemed to follow Anders on his travels and he soon amassed a great fortune. He sailed home to fill the coffers of Cam House, turning it into the powerhouse it is today. He put his name in for civic duty and soon rose to prominence as the de facto head of the Mercantile Collegiate.

Less than four years after returning home, the dwarven man was named Merchant Lord of Xcellian by his peers and has held that title for another 10 consecutive years. Many wish to name him Merchant King for life but he balks at such a title. He hopes to pass on the rule of Cam House to his son, Finn, as soon as the boy is old enough. Then, he will go on one last great adventure with his old traveling colleagues.

Acquana

First Post
02/02/05

Oh my gosh I am so tired ...

Two things I learned from today's drawing: If one makes a commitment to draw every day, then a drawing must be done even if about to nod off, and if one makes a commitment to draw every day, some drawings are going to be worse than others.

This is Jon and Leno from Brave Fencer Musashi. Just suddenly started thinking about it the other day, love the game. Perhaps at one point I'll redo this. I mean it's okay ... but I'm so tired ...

02_02_05.jpg

Acquana

First Post
02/03/05 -- Wow, weird mood ...

So yeah, I was in a weird mood today. I'm finally starting to get some semblance of a schedule in my life, last night I'd had maybe four hours of sleep for some strange reason ...

But anyhoo, weird mood, weird mood ... So here's Rainbow Brite!

02_03_05.jpg

I'll get to requests as I can. Just right now I was in the mood for some strangeness.

Remove ads