• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Action point when dazed

tiornys

Explorer
There is also a FAQ at WotC site that specifically answers this question - and the answer is Yes you can spend an Action Point even while being Dazed.
And sadly that answer is useless to the hairsplitting in the relevant debate. No one argues about whether you can spend the action point. They only argue about whether you can benefit from doing so.

t~

Turtlejay

First Post
Like, a TV costs $100 dollars. You have $100 dollars. But, you could call your uncle to get *another* $100 dollars, and pay $200 dollars. You still only get one TV though.

The contention is that while Dazed, you get 1 Standard action, period. Spend an action point, or 40 action points, and you just get that 1 action. You might get other benefits from the action point, as granted from Paragon Paths or Warlord allies.

I don't agree with this assesment, but I can clearly see the point of view of this side.

Jay

Stalker0

Legend
And sadly that answer is useless to the hairsplitting in the relevant debate. No one argues about whether you can spend the action point. They only argue about whether you can benefit from doing so.

t~

If a WOTC faq says you can spend an action point while dazed, I'm pretty confident they intend for you to get the actual benefit of spending it.

If a WOTC faq says you can spend an action point while dazed, I'm pretty confident they intend for you to get the actual benefit of spending it.

Yup, it was really a pretty hairsplitting kind of debate anyway. The intent is clear, you can use an AP and get an extra action while dazed. I didn't mean to reignite this debate in all its ancient glory, lol.

Markn

First Post

t~

As other have said, WotC wouldn't have put that in the FAQ if they didn't mean for you to get the benefit of doing so, otherwise they would have simply said no. To say yes, and then give no benefit of doing so doesn't make any sense at all. ;)

Remove ads