D&D 1E AD&D 1E Players Handbook In PDF

The AD&D 1st Edition Players Handbook has just his DnDClassics - which means that you can now buy it in PDF format. Originally published in 1978, with an iconic cover by Dave Trampier, the book is 128 pages and available for $9.99.

Grab it right here!

The 1st Edition Player's Handbook is back!

No more searching through stacks of books and magazines to find out what you need to know. The Player's Handbook puts it all at your fingertips, including: All recommended character classes: Fighters, Paladins, Rangers, Magic-Users, and more.

Character Races: Dwarves, Elves, Gnomes, Half-Orcs, Humans, and more.
Character Level Statistics.
Equipment lists with costs.
Spell listings by level and descriptions of effects (including many new spells!).

As a dungeon adventurer or Dungeon Master, you will find the contents of this book to be what you have been waiting for. All useful material is now compiled under one cover, especially for players!

17003.jpg

Here's the iconic original cover:

PHBCover.gif

Although I'm personally fond of this one:

phb1sted.jpg

I hope they really do release everything eventually. I'd really like some of the obscure stuff like the BECMI Immortals stuff (I have the hard-copy, but not the IM1-IM3 modules or Wrath of the Immortals)...

Torg Smith

First Post
The entire back catalogue? Wow! I must have missed that announcement. That's brilliant. I don't mind 3.0 being left till last but, given its significance, I didn't want it to be forgotten either.

Thanks for the info.

When they restarted the sales of PDFs on DriveThruRPG, they made the statement. Now one clarification, they never said that the back catalogue included the non-D&D stuff. They did not say it didn't either. As they were talking about D&D at the time, it might be limited to that. I hope not as I would like to see all TSR stuff released as PDFs.

When they restarted the sales of PDFs on DriveThruRPG, they made the statement. Now one clarification, they never said that the back catalogue included the non-D&D stuff. They did not say it didn't either. As they were talking about D&D at the time, it might be limited to that. I hope not as I would like to see all TSR stuff released as PDFs.
I could pass on the BoED/BoVD.

Edit: I know that's not what you meant; I am just making a note of it. :)

aramis erak

Legend
Isn't OD&D already available? Or is it one of the PDF's that they sold a few years back and then took off the 'shelf' as it were?

I think it was one of the ones pulled... but I'm not certain, because I didn't purchase it back then.

Note that I was able to redownload several products shortly after D&D classics went up, but before they were available to new purchasers, and then I got an email when the revised scan was made available for sale (and added to my library automatically at DTRPG as an update on purchases from almost a decade ago). But those were all Gazetteers...

I cannot find OE nor Holmes on DTRPG/RPGN/D&DClassics

One interesting issue is that the actual 1974 cannot ever be made legally available - due the 1976 lawsuit. And many of us would love to have the original 1974 edition in PDF... but even the pirates mostly just "liberate" legal PDFs.

Torg Smith

First Post
I think it was one of the ones pulled... but I'm not certain, because I didn't purchase it back then.

Note that I was able to redownload several products shortly after D&D classics went up, but before they were available to new purchasers, and then I got an email when the revised scan was made available for sale (and added to my library automatically at DTRPG as an update on purchases from almost a decade ago). But those were all Gazetteers...

I cannot find OE nor Holmes on DTRPG/RPGN/D&DClassics

One interesting issue is that the actual 1974 cannot ever be made legally available - due the 1976 lawsuit. And many of us would love to have the original 1974 edition in PDF... but even the pirates mostly just "liberate" legal PDFs.

They have not released the original version yet. I am sure they will. I bought it when it was for sale before. They have put it back into print so when they release it again, it will be in original electronic format. It will probably be a while before they release it, as it seems they may be waiting a couple years before releasing the PDFs. The original version reprint was the last republish to be done as I remember.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases