Ad on the frontpage

Asmo

First Post
On the left I´ve an ad about "Poker strategy from Poker Listings" I bought an account just to avoid this. How can I get rid of this thing?

Asmo

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That is a little odd. [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION], did you intend that subscribers couldn't turn off the new left sidebar ad?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm getting banner ads up top, and I'm a subscriber.

Being a subscriber doesn't automatically turn off ads - it just gives you the ability to do so yourself.

Please check: Settings > Edit Options > Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and there's a radio button for "disable header ad" second from the bottom. Is it checked to Yes?

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Being a subscriber doesn't automatically turn off ads - it just gives you the ability to do so yourself.

Please check: Settings > Edit Options > Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and there's a radio button for "disable header ad" second from the bottom. Is it checked to Yes?

Yeah, it's set to Yes.

I had the ads off before when I first signed on as a copper subscriber. I then upped to silver, but the timing doesn't match up with the change. It's only been the last couple of weeks.

Color me confused.

EDIT: Just noticed I'm not listed as a subscriber! Doubly confused!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

But that explains the issue - non-subscribers cannot block ads. I presume that there was an issue processing your subscription. That's a job for [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] !

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

What do you mean by "listed as"? We don't maintain a list anywhere (at least not anywhere public).

The AdminCP confirms you're a silver subscriber. You can check to see if you can search or download ZEITGEIST stuff, etc.

Remove ads