• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ad on the frontpage

Asmo

First Post
On the left I´ve an ad about "Poker strategy from Poker Listings" I bought an account just to avoid this. How can I get rid of this thing?

Asmo

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That is a little odd. [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION], did you intend that subscribers couldn't turn off the new left sidebar ad?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm getting banner ads up top, and I'm a subscriber.

Being a subscriber doesn't automatically turn off ads - it just gives you the ability to do so yourself.

Please check: Settings > Edit Options > Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and there's a radio button for "disable header ad" second from the bottom. Is it checked to Yes?

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Being a subscriber doesn't automatically turn off ads - it just gives you the ability to do so yourself.

Please check: Settings > Edit Options > Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and there's a radio button for "disable header ad" second from the bottom. Is it checked to Yes?

Yeah, it's set to Yes.

I had the ads off before when I first signed on as a copper subscriber. I then upped to silver, but the timing doesn't match up with the change. It's only been the last couple of weeks.

Color me confused.

EDIT: Just noticed I'm not listed as a subscriber! Doubly confused!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

But that explains the issue - non-subscribers cannot block ads. I presume that there was an issue processing your subscription. That's a job for [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] !

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

What do you mean by "listed as"? We don't maintain a list anywhere (at least not anywhere public).

The AdminCP confirms you're a silver subscriber. You can check to see if you can search or download ZEITGEIST stuff, etc.

Remove ads