• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adobe Reader 7

Nellisir

Hero
I installed Adobe Reader 7 two days ago, and wheee! It fixed the weird little quirks that AR6 had going on, and it's got what I think is a new feature that has made my OGC-using self very very very happy. :D

Cheers,
Nell.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
The only complaint that I've heard about A.R.7 is that some DRM protected files have problems with it.

Like I need another reason to dislike DRM...

The Auld Grump, though in truth it has not affected any of the few DRM protected files (picked up free at DTRPG) that I have.

DragonSword

First Post
How many guys use Acrobat 7? I use Acrobat 6 Pro for making and reading PDFs. I was just wondering how many guys are still on versions 4 and 5.

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
My laptop has 6, which I use to both create and read, but at home I use 5 for both functions and it still works quite well. To be honest, most of the time I would prefer using 5, but I work mostly out of my laptop so 6 it is.

Nellisir

Hero
HalWhitewyrm said:
My laptop has 6, which I use to both create and read, but at home I use 5 for both functions and it still works quite well. To be honest, most of the time I would prefer using 5, but I work mostly out of my laptop so 6 it is.

I had AAR6 on my laptop, and AA5 & AAR6 on my desktop. The two never quite reconciled -- online pdf files wouldn't automatically open either program, and files on my computer would automatically open AA5, no matter how many times I redesignated AAR6. I had to open AAR6 first, then open what I wanted to read. AAR7 fixed that.

Anyways, I don't recall AAR6 having a "Save to Text" command. I'm in glorious heaven. My cutting & pasting time is going WAAAAY down. :)

Cheers,
Nell.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Nellisir said:
Anyways, I don't recall AAR6 having a "Save to Text" command. I'm in glorious heaven. My cutting & pasting time is going WAAAAY down. :)
AAR6 does have the "Save to Text" command, i've used it happily for a long time...
I actually prefer to use the Save as RTF option or the Save as HTML option.

Nellisir

Hero
Cergorach said:
AAR6 does have the "Save to Text" command, i've used it happily for a long time...
I actually prefer to use the Save as RTF option or the Save as HTML option.

D'oh. It's like I've always said -- I'm about 3 years behind the technological curve.

;-)
Nell.

Bobitron

Explorer
I have the full version of Acrobat 6 at home, but I use Reader 7 at work. It loads much faster, and searches better, but that's about all I have noticed.

Flyspeck23

First Post
Some people seem to have problems with our cards when using Acrobat Reader 6.

Reader 5 seems to run without problems - and Reader 7 most of the time, so it's definetly superior to Reader 6 ;)

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I recently discovered this, and it's probably old news:

Go to View -> Read Aloud in Acrobat Reader 6.0 or 7.0.

Really cool, but the computer generated voice is kinda creepy.

I let the computer read the opening fiction of Louis Porter's Haven: City of Violence d20 Modern to me. Weird experience. :)

Remove ads