• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ads with Sound

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Maybe I haven't noticed it until now, but the adds with noise are very tiresome. Especially when they're at the bottom of a long thread. Makes me want to visit the forums less.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just give us the link it goes to and we can ask to have it blocked. We don't all see the same ads, I'm afraid, so unless someone tells me specifically what ad it is and what it links to, I'll never be aware of it.

The ads in question are showing up in the "Check out our Sponsors" box at the bottom of the page. They are movies played in Flash, not regular banners, so they don't have a link associated with them. So far, I've seen one for Lysol and one for something called Zoo. They appear to be Google ads.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
If you click on the ad (yeah, I know it's a pain) you can let me know what link it goes to. That link is what we use to block the ad. We can't do it from a description, unfortunately - Google ads have millions (quite literally) of possible ads.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
There's a Clearasil flash (or video) ad now that when complete rolls right into the ZOO ad. Neither allows a click-thru of any sort, as far as I could tell. You can click to stop and start them, and replay them, and to mute them too, but there is no link associated with them.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
I know this is kind of cheating, and I've only recently done this, but I got so fed up with the ads (especially getting in trouble for some of the old non-grandma appropriate evony ads and such) that I installed the adblock add on to chrome so I don't see them, and this doesn't function at school where I have to use mozilla or IE, or chrome without adblock if I get lucky, but at home it's great.

Remove ads