• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adult: GUCK development forum IV

Thanks for the reappearance, VVrayven, and the catalogue of revised spells.

Regarding the spells you posted, I heartily condone your revisions to the cantrips; your summarisation and tweaking of my somewhat verbose versions is very well done.

Except... *dons pedant goggles* ...you have given the 'Flavor' spell an American-spelling title, but kept the English spelling for the text. D'oh!

Nonetheless this is a trifling error in an otherwise well-rounded revision. I agree with Sorn in that they should be posted on the site as final versions, unless anyone has anything else to bring up. Are you going to be able to post the 1st level spells anytime soon? The board eagerly awaits...

Brevdravis, I understand the delay, but could you post Sexual Diseases up soon? If not I'll take responsibility for them (I am at far too much a loose end).

Cheers,

DbS

(PS. I still disagree with Divine Romantic Interest. Bah.)

(PPS. Does anyone know how Alzrius is doing? He hasn't shown in awhile.)

brevdravis

First Post
May take me a while....

Yeah, I'll cede the Diseases to you, because of unexpected overtime.... Sorry.

I still want to help, maybe do another play by play or something, but right now, work is driving me insane.... (1 hour of net time a day, and it's my lunch hour.... :(

Stuart

2late

First Post
Ray of Frost does the same, without saving throw and with real damage(Instead of saving throw it requires a ranged touch attack so this is IMHO the same+real damage).

BTW:

"Magic Fingers
Saving Throw: 1 round"

whats wrong here :) ?

Last edited:

VVrayven

First Post
Heya boys! <wink>

Cantrips and 0th level are now closed. Great input all. Now onto 1st level spells. Make comments on these, add your own, let me know any comments you have. I'm archiving the cantrips now and indexing them (what few there are).

1st LEVEL SPELLS
Change Other
Cramping Touch
Delay Orgasm
Delightful Hardening
Desire
Detect Disease
Detect Pregnancy
Detect Sexuality
Dire Chastity
Impede Masturbation
Lactation
Prevent Nausea
Purity
Resist Compulsion
Sacremon's Emperor's New Clothes
Skew Sexuality

Change Other
Illusion (Glamer)
Level: Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S, M
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature
As change self, except that you make another creature look different.
Material Component: A drop of ink, paint, or dye.

Cramping Touch
Necromancy
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Touch
Target: Living creature or creatures touched (up to 1/level)
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Spell Resistance: Yes
A touch from your hand grips a living creature with an agonizing, throbbing pain throughout her groin and lower abdomen, as though all the muscles in that area were clenched by a vise. Victims suffer a -1 penalty to attacks and saves. You can make one touch attack per level.

Delay Orgasm
Abjuration
Level: Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Target: 1 creature
Duration: 1 minute/level (D)
Saving Throw: Will negates
Delay orgasm prevents a subject from achieving orgasm. The DCs required to make the target achieve a state of climax or estcastic are all increased by 15 for the duration of this spell. This spell has no effect on Arousal spells or against any other magical or spell-like affect that induces pleasure or orgasm.

Delightful Hardening
Transmutation
Level: Adp 0, Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S, F
Target: Living male creature touched
Duration: 10 minutes / level
Saving Throws: Fortitude negates
The penis of the subject becomes erect and responsive for the full duration of the spell. It will not go limp, potentially causing discomfort if wearing armor, up to and including if the subject orgasms. If the subject of this spell is brought to orgasm, they immediately take one point of subdual damage (ignoring damage reduction) and remain erect. Additionally, the normal penalties used to arouse a male immediately after orgasm are ignored. Subjects of this spell can perform penetrative sexual technuqies even if they are not arsoused.
Focus: A small, straight piece of iron.

Desire
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Brd 1, Sex 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Target: One living creature
The target of the spell becomes Horny unless they pass a Will save; this effect dissipates naturally.
Desire counters and dispels Purity.

Detect Disease
Divination
Level: Adp 2, Clr 1, Drd 1, Pal 2, Sor/Wiz 1
Target or Area: One creature, one object, or a 5-ft. cube
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No
You determine whether a creature, object, or area has contracted or carries a disease. You can determine the exact type of disease with a successful Heal check (DC 20).
Note: The spell can penetrate barriers, but 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt blocks it.

Detect Pregnancy
Divination
Level: Adp 1, Clr 1, Drd 1, Rgr 1
Components: V, S, DF
This spell enables you to detect pregnancy in any creature. You can determine the day of conception to with 1d4 days, the stage of pregnancy, the estimated day of birth, and gender of the child(ren) with a successful Wisdom check (DC 20).
Note: Marsupials, who are able to get slightly pregnant, will cause the caster to be confused for one round if she fails a Will save (DC 13).

Detect Sexuality
Divination
Level: Brd 1, Clr 1, Drd 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S, F/DF
Range: 60 ft.
Area: Quarter circle emanating from you to the extreme of the range
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute/level (D)
Saving Throw: Will negates (see text)
You detect sexual auras. The amount of information revealed depends on how long you study a particular area or subject.
1st Round: Presence or absence of sexual auras (from creatures or any magic found in this guide).
2nd Round: Number of sexual auras and the ranks of Sexual Prowess possessed by each.
3rd Round: The sexual preference (hetero-, homo-, or bi-sexual) of any creature in the area. A target's Will save prevents you from reading its sexual preference, and you must cast detect sexuality again to have another chance.
Note: Each round, you can turn to detect sexuality in a new area. The spell can penetrate barriers, but 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt blocks it.
Arcane Focus: A drop of semen or vaginal fluid.

Dire Chastity
Necromancy
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 1 day/level
Saving Throw: Will negates (see text)
Characters who are "protected" by this spell suffer a wracking burst of negative energy whenever they engage in sexual activity that causes them to achieve peaked status. Unwilling subjects may make a Will save to resist the spell, but will suffer the spell's damage normally if the save is failed and they elect to continue anyway. Dire chastity delivers 1d6 points of damage +1 point per caster level (maximum +10) to a living creature for each full session of sexual acivity engaged in. Some of the more sexually active undead (such as vampires) have been known to use this spell upon themselves, as they are healed by the negative energy rather than harmed.
Material Component: An masterwork iron lock and key. The key must be kept by the caster for the spell's duration, or it will automatically end.

Impede Masturbation
Transmutation
Level: Clr 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Casting Time: 1 round
Targets: Living creature touched
Duration: One day/level
Saving Throws: Will negates
You cause a subject's own touch to feel dissatisfying to her in sexual matters. This imposses a -10 circumstance penalty to all prowess checks that the subject uses on themself. This spell is considered to be a curse for all spells and effects for which it might be relevant.

Lactation
Transmutation
Level: Clr 1, Drd 1, Rgr 1
Target: Female mammal touched
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
You cause the breasts of any woman touched to swell slightly and begin producing milk. This magically created milk is of the highest nutritive value, and each breast can provide a day's sustenance for a creature one size category smaller than the subject (or two creatures of two size categories smaller, or both together can sustain a creature of equal size). An unwilling subject who makes a successful Fortitude save will feel only a slight soreness of her nipples.

Prevent Nausea
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Clr 1, Drd 1
Target: Living creature touched
Duration: 10 minutes/level
You settle the stomach of the creature touched. Prevent nausea will completely remove any current nausea the subject suffers from, and will ensure that the subject does not become nauseated for the duration of the spell.

Purity
Abjuration
Level: Clr 1, Pal 1
Targets: One creature plus one additional creature/four levels, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
Duration: 10 minutes and see text
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
You completely snuff out any lust the recipient might be feeling, granting the creature a +4 morale bonus against sex-based enchantments effects for 10 minutes. The target of the spell loses all physical arousal unless they pass a Will save; they may become Horny again normally. If the subject is suffering from a sex-based enchantment effect when receiving the spell, it gets a new save with a +4 morale bonus.
Purity counters and dispels Desire.

Resist Compulsion
Abjuration
Level: Pal 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 10 minutes/level
You strengthen your will to resist temptation, both magical and mundane. You gain a +4 enhancement bonus to all Will saving throws to resist any spell or effect with the Enchantment (Compulsion) variety and all DCs to raise your mental arousal are increased by 10. For any such effect that does not normally grant a saving throw, you may still make one (DC 20) to resist.

Sacremon’s Emperor’s New Clothes
Illusion (Glamer)
Target: One creature
You causes all of the target's clothing and worn possessions (but not anything carried by the target) to vanish from sight, even from darkvision. The target himself is still fully visible, and may not become immediately aware of his clothes' condition, as he can still see them. Any clothing put on after the spell is cast does not become invisible. Items remain invisible for the duration of the spell or until dispelled.
Material Component: An eyelash.

Skew Sexuality
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5ft./2 levels)
Duration: 1 hour/level
This spell alters a creature's sexual preference orientation one step in the opposite direction from which it is inclined, from heterosexual towards homosexual (or vice versa) if it fails its saving throw. A truly bisexual creature becomes asexual for the spell's duration.
A target must have a sexuality to be affected by this spell, creatures such as violet fungi or mind flayers are immune.
Material Component: A concave lump of clay which the caster re-molds into a convex lump.

That's It. The following spells are getting cut:

Detect Romanctic Intrest - Never really liked it and many of us are in agreement, open to debate
Flash - Just silly
Freudian Thoughts - No real mechanic or point
Masturbation - Good idea, should be higher level, or better yet, a power word
Sex Toy - Great idea, however, it should be an illusion spell, I'll let someone try to rewrite it, if not, I'll do it myself
Truth or Dare - Way too modern an idea
Veil of Cum - Convince me
Voyeur's Sight - Convince me

Have fun. <hugs to all>

Knight-of-Roses

Historian of the Absurd
Great work as always, but a few comments/questions about the spells.

Change Others, I would reduce the duration on this to 5 minutes per level otherwise it is superior to Chance Self (as it can be used on yourself and others). Also, Change Self has been renamed 'Disguise Self' in 3.5 if we care.

Cramping Touch, how long do the penalties from this spell last?

Dire Chastity, with its duration and continuing effect, I would argue that it should be moved up to 2nd level. Or you could go a lesser/greater route and have the lesser (1st lvl) version discharge after inflicting damage once with the greater version (2nd lvl) as written.

Again, great work.

Sorn

First Post
Also, in addition to the shortened duration, let's allow a saving throw for Change/Disguise Other. I'd suggest a Will (Harmless). Otherwise the spell could be abused in social situations. Making the king look like a wanted criminal without a save doesn't seem right. Also, we might want to specify who gets to make the disguise check, since all the other spells like that are Personal.

Other than that, great job, and I'll get that on the site right away.

brevdravis

First Post
Need to make a couple reversable....

Nice ideas all....

I vote that we make a couple of these spells reversable, simply because it seems appropriate.

In particular...

Delightful Hardening needs to be reversable... makes subject unable to become erect for the same duration.

Desire.... Negates all hornyness, or lessens by one step...

You get the idea. Making them reversable would cut down on the amount of spells total, but add versitility...

Stuart

Wotcher all,

Thankyou, VVrayven, for enough spells to keep us bickering for a good while yet. I shall post my own comments on the collection without further ado:

Change Other: I would concur with KoR about duration and Sorn that a save is in order, but Will disbelief is probably right. People could make the save when they even look carefully at the target, as mannerisms and method of speech alone can raise suspicion. Perhaps allow both self and others to be affected by it, and make it a 2nd-level spell?
Cramping Touch: Would be good, but in rules-lawyering terms may be slightly unbalanced. It could be interpreted that the spell allows you to instantaneously make one touch attack per level, with the stated effect. The penalty is generic, and thus will stack with further touches, which by mid-level are quite a lot. I would suggest the slightly modified version, found below the comments.
Delay Orgasm: Perhaps ‘Resistance to Orgasm’ or ‘Protection from Orgasm’ would make better titles? :)
Delightful Hardening: Good, although ‘discomfort’ should probably be changed to ‘minor discomfort’ to avoid people coming up with penalties to apply. Add details of the Spot check to notice the state, as it could potentially be used as a method of inflicting social embarassment. I am hesitant to make the spell reversible (isn’t that 2nd edition rules? Or are there some add-on rules I’m not aware of?), but adding a Necromantic ‘Disappointing Wilting’ (which counters and dispels) might be an idea.
Desire: Good, solid, useful spell. I would suggest changing the opposing spell’s name to ‘Disinterest’, as this is a truer antonym.
Detect Disease: Mechanics are solid. Adepts should get it as a 1st-level, whilst I’d make it a 2nd-level for Sor/Wiz (if not denying them it altogether).
Detect Pregnancy: Drop the marsupial reference, or switch it for ‘creatures with unusual methods of pregnancy and reproduction’. Otherwise good.
Detect Sexuality: A few problems with this one, as it fails to detect some things it should and detects others that it shouldn’t. See the modified version, below.
Dire Chastity: I agree with KoR that the spell is balanced above first level; a singular strike, upon Climax or Ecstatic state, is more fitting for the 1st.
Impede Masturbation: Pretty pointless spell, I feel. Someone wanting to inflict a sexual curse could do much better, and someone wishing to enforce celibacy would be better off using dire chastity. I’d drop it.
Lactation: Pretty sound. I’d drop it from the cleric list, though.
Prevent Nausea: Quite good, but mundane. Consider renaming it ‘Protection from Nausea’ in line with 3e ‘spell syntax’.
Purity: Firstly, I would rename it ‘Disinterest’, as this fits better in line with the feelings it evokes, and opens up ‘Purity’ as a domain name (see below). There are a few things to change about the rules in order to balance it at first level; see the modified version, below, which includes these (named ‘Disinterest’).
Resist compulsion: Good. State specifically that the +4 enhancement bonus also applies to all rolls to resist mundane temptation such as seduction or bribery.
Sacremon’s Emperor’s New Clothes: The spell concept and rules text is fairly sound, with a few adjustments: add the DC for a Sense Motive check to notice what’s going on from other people’s reactions, and consider the save system: Will saves will not usually negate an illusion (esp. a glamer), but a disbelief is probably in order. Oh, and whilst the spell’s name is good, it’s also too long-winded. I would recommend ‘Partial Invisibility’ :)D) as a replacement.
Skew Sexuality: Use the sexual alignment rules! One shift in drive or orientation per four levels (max. 5 shifts) is probably about right; creatures without a sexual alignment are not affected. Oh, and I’m unsure about the spell title (‘skew’ is a little unusual), but I can’t think of a good alternative. Perhaps ‘Alter Libido’? ‘Morph Libido’ would be a higher level, more drastic and permanent version.

Cramp Touch
Necromancy
Casting time: 1 action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
For the duration of the spell, your touch grips creatures with an agonising, throbbing pain throughout their groin and lower abdomen, as though their muscles in the area were being clenched by a vise. With a successful melee touch attack or unarmed attack, subjects receive a –1 circumstance penalty to attacks, checks and saves until the spell ends.

Detect Sexuality
Divination
Level: Brd 1, Drd 1, Sor/Wiz 1
(NB. May be a second level spell)
Components: V, S, F
Range: 60ft.
Area: Quarter circle emanating from you to the extreme of the range
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute/level (D)
You sense the sexual desires of others. The amount of information revealed depends how long you study a particular area or subject:
1st round: Presence or absence of creatures with a sexual alignment.
2nd round: Number of creatures with a sexual alignment present, and the Drive of each.
3rd round: The location and Orientation of every creature with a sexual alignment.
If creatures have had their sexual alignment changed by magic items or enchantments, this spell shows their modified alignment. A successful Will save against the effect reveals the creature’s true alignment, and what it has been changed to.
Note: Each round, you can turn to detect things in a new area. This spell can penetrate barriers, but 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt blocks it.

Disinterest
Enchantment (Compulsion)
Level: Clr 1, Pal 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Range: Close
Target: One creature with a sexual alignment
Duration: 1 minute/level
Saving throw: Will negates (harmless)
The subject of the spell feels only boredom and disinterest where they should feel passion, losing all horniness. The DC for Prowess checks to induce horniness in that character increase by one per caster level (max 5), and the subject gets a +1 morale bonus on saves against spells that induce horniness per caster level (max +5). If the subject is currently under the effect of such a spell, they receive another save with the morale bonus given above.
Disinterest counters and dispels Desire.

Other comments:

How many cleric domains are we planning for? I don’t want to go overboard, as with the original NUCK (Midwifery domain? Methinks not), but I wouldn’t want to underplay, either. I would suggest the Lust (sexual desire), Sex (arousal and procreation) and Purity (self-control and chastity – does this domain already exist?) domains, as the first two allow for gods with slightly different portfolios to both have a granted domain, and allow the creation of highly sexual clerics (if both are taken), and the third represents the opposite aspect. If this is so, I would suggest making Desire the Lust 1 spell, Delightful Hardening the Sex 1 spell, and Disinterest (rename of Purity) the Purity 1 spell.

When describing ranges, we have used the elaboration on Close, Medium and Long in the first level spells but not the cantrips. We should either use it or ignore it, and I’m in favour of the latter. Players shouldn’t need the ranges spelled out (so to speak) for them.

It seems weird that there should be no spells that induce Arousal at first level, as the Arousing Hands cantrip is clearly insufficient for the lusteous spellcaster. If anyone would like to concoct one, feel free to do so.

Just noticed, Disrupt Conception should have ‘1 point per caster level’ instead of ‘1 point per level’. Nitpicking, I know.

Right, that pretty much sums it up from me. Whilst these may seem like an awful lot of alterations, VVrayven deserves recognition for rustling up a horde of well-conceived spells from almost nothing. Cheers!

DbS

PS. Sexual Diseases are coming along nicely, and will be submitted fairly soon. VVrayven, can we please have the spell ‘Pheremone Cloud’, as it features in the description of Blossom?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads