D&D 5E Advanced Rules Miscellany: 5th Edition Rules Modules

Archery contests, battlefield events, herbalism, chases, and hirelings! Expanded rules for your 5th Edition game in a softcover book, now on Kickstarter!

arm.jpg

Advanced Rules Miscellany is a 23-page softcover booklet containing five plug-in rules modules which will enhance your 5th edition games! These new rules include archery contests, random battlefield events, rules for herbalism, exciting new chase rules, and new hirelings to help your on your adventures.

And the best bit? It's just £7 (under $10) in PDF format, or just £20 for the all-new softcover book compilation!

Click here to pledge!

spread.jpg

Quickstarter​

This is a "Quickstarter" -- it's only here for two weeks, so don't miss out! Note that if you pledge for the digital (PDF) versions, they will be delivered as soon as the Kickstarter campaign ends. The softcover booklets will take a little longer.

What You Get!​

Here's a look at the five rules modules included in this Kickstarter.
  • Archery Contests. Running and conducting large archery tournaments can be fun and easy! By Russ Morrissey, based on an original article by Ryan Nock.
  • Battlefield Events. Introducing random events to spice up combat encounters, from weather changes to pit traps. Does an innocent wander onto the battlefield, or do you stray into an ancient wild magic surge? By Russ Morrissey.
  • Nature’s Remedy. An introduction to the craft of herbalism, a handful of example herbs including darkberries, firedrake petals, silver garlic, and more, plus rules for their preparation, and a the new Master Herbalist feat. By Russ Morrissey.
  • Give Chase. Adding to the chase rules found in the core rulebooks, this article presents an abstract way of mapping a chase, along with three new complication tables for underground, castle grounds, and mountain chases. By James Introcaso.
  • Hired Hands. Expanded Rules for Hirelings. Meet the apothecary, cook, interpreter, minstrel, porter, scholar, squire, teamster, and torchbearer! These hirelings provide your adventurer with additional benefits - as long as you pay them and keep them safe! Additional traits, quirks, and motives help bring your hirelings to life. By "Jester" David Gibson; illustrated by Jacob Blackmon.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A 23 page booklet is a poor candidate for kickstarter. Throw it up on DTRPG for $5 tops, and i'll probably grab it.
It’s an excellent candidate, and it’s doing very well! As did its three predecessors.

But if you want to buy something off me from DTRPG, I have a few hundred things for sale. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Twenty pounds is a bit high for a softcover that size. That's more the starter boxed sets even here where they're overpriced relative to USA..

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I like the fact the pdf is ready right when the quickstarter is done. That quickness sold me on the mythological figures and maleficent monsters Kickstarter....great selling point to not have to wait like we typically see with Kickstarter projects.

Salicus

Explorer
It’s an excellent candidate, and it’s doing very well! As did its three predecessors.

But if you want to buy something off me from DTRPG, I have a few hundred things for sale. Enjoy!

Have to say, that while I do not dislike this Kickstarter or "quickstarter" as you are calling it. I also dont understand why you don't just put it on DTRPG. Since it seems to be already finished like the other 3 before it.
I really liked trinkets and over the next hill but I would like to know the decisionmaking behind putting it on kickstarter instead on sale directly.
That said, I will probably back this one as well, since I liked the other 2 I got.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Have to say, that while I do not dislike this Kickstarter or "quickstarter" as you are calling it. I also dont understand why you don't just put it on DTRPG.
I started doing these little mini-quickstarters a couple of months ago as an experiment. They’re working very well, and I’m very pleased - and pleasantly surprised - with how well they’re doing.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases