• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Advancement of Pregens to Second Level

zoroaster100

First Post
For the wizard utility level 2 power, I left out the amount of the shield AC/Reflex bonus. I think it should be +2. Perhaps the amount of temporary hp from the Aid power is too high for a second level power, so on second thought I might lower it to 5 or 6 hp.

Epochrpg, I like your two powers, but I think the first one is utility but the second one seems to be an attack, so I suggest making that a level 3 attack power. Also, I suggest the Shield Block power should be Immediate Interrupt rather than Immediate Reaction, since you want the block to go before the attack is completed in order to stop the attack.

Last edited:

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
MaelStorm said:
Yes, I agree.

If this is true, I'm going to cancel my Core Books pre-order right away.
I hope this is sarcasm. You would really refuse to play a game because more powerful characters stop using redundant abilities?

MaelStorm

First Post
Kwalish Kid said:
I hope this is sarcasm. You would really refuse to play a game because more powerful characters stop using redundant abilities?
No, for just 2 at-will power for 30 levels. What Revinor said.

MaelStorm

First Post
Right now, we know we start with 2 at-will, 1 encounter, and 1 daily power. We know we get more encounter and daily powers at higher levels, and that we replace older powers with newer ones.

I hope characters will have more at-will powers at higher levels. I would just like to have confirmation on this one.

Because, if not, the game will be boring.

VBMEW-01

First Post
I think it is very likely they will have more at-wills, with multiclassing especially.

They seem to be all about versatility, the "never bored" equation.

MaelStorm

First Post
VBMEW-01 said:
They seem to be all about versatility, the "never bored" equation.
I hope so. I'm all for it.

It's just that WotC is very secretive about at-will powers. They are generous with info about future encounter and daily powers, but for future at-will power it's a total blackout of info.

EDIT: Up until now, I didn't really care to know, I thought WotC would eventually show us higher level at-will powers, but they decided not to. I hope they will tell us more about power progression concerning at-will powers before the release date. WE NEED TO KNOW!

Last edited:

DamnedChoir

First Post
I'll just idly note, while some feats are now excellent and feel useful like Alertness and Toughness, they've still managed to create some sub-optimal feats.

Honestly, +2 on a reroll? Why not +4, it can only be used once per encounter, and is a reroll of a failed attack.

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
MaelStorm said:
Right now, we know we start with 2 at-will, 1 encounter, and 1 daily power. We know we get more encounter and daily powers at higher levels, and that we replace older powers with newer ones.

I hope characters will have more at-will powers at higher levels. I would just like to have confirmation on this one.

Because, if not, the game will be boring.
Why would it be boring? Let's just say that at 30th level you had 5 encounter, 5 daily, 5 utility, and 2 at will powers.

Why would the fact that only 2 of your powers are at will be boring? Wouldn't it just encourage you to use your (better) encounter powers and to use your at will powers only when there is no other choice?

MaelStorm

First Post
Majoru Oakheart said:
Why would it be boring? Let's just say that at 30th level you had 5 encounter, 5 daily, 5 utility, and 2 at will powers.

Why would the fact that only 2 of your powers are at will be boring? Wouldn't it just encourage you to use your (better) encounter powers and to use your at will powers only when there is no other choice?
Good point. Very interesting point of view. Yes I agree it will force players toward careful management of their encounter and daily powers.

Revinor

First Post
Majoru Oakheart said:

The question here is not if we get more than 2 at-will powers total for character, but rather if there are any choices to replace existing ones at higher levels.

I'm not able to find a place from which I got this impression, till then, let's forget about it. If I'm able to find it again, I'll post it here, but I could have as well misread something (and certainly hope so, higher level at-will powers would be very good, especially for paths/destinies).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads