• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] A Boy and His Dog (DM: stonegod; Judge: r1)

EvolutionKB

First Post
Lhavarr shakes his head, clearing the cobwebs from that thing. His feet felt they were in cement shoes. The lizards distraction lets them take advantage of him again as they crawl over his feet and legs, biting and clawing.

[sblock=ooc]Swarm attack: swarm attack vs Lhavarr, rune of protection active (1d20+8=22, 1d8+2=5)I forgot the CA but it doesn't matter. I take 5 damage from the attack. Since I'm still next to Vimak the ongoing damage is reduced to only one. So 6 total. Thanks Vimak! :D[/sblock]

Finally the lizard relents, and the half-elf gathers his senses. He could feel the creatures animalistic presence in his mind, their hunger for warm blood, and their sense of victory, although it was still early in the battle. The warrior brings his great blade around in an arc, slicing many a lizard in twain. Their greed turns to anger and doubt, subconsciously making them shrink back from the half-elf, and his allies draw hope from that.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: focusing strike augment 2 (1d20+7=25, 2d10+4=16) That will hit the swarm for 8 after swarm trait and myself and each ally within 5 can make a save(everybody). free save vs slow/CA (1d20=3) Fail. End of turn saves: saves vs slowed/CA; ongoing 3 damage (1d20=9, 1d20=12)Save vs ongoing 3 damage.

The first ally to bloody in a round gains 4 temp hp. Preference is always most damaged, then Johanna unless stated otherwise.[/sblock]

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats; slowed and grants CA(save ends); Resist 2 damage; +1 to all defenses]

Above conditions not included below in statblock

Lhavarr—Male Half-elf Ardent|Bard 1
Initiative: +0, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 19
Bluff +9; Diplomacy +13; Intimidate +13; Insight +9
AC: 16, Fort: 14, Reflex: 10, Will: 16 — Speed: 5
HP: 24/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge: 7, Surges left: 11/11;
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used, PP: 0/2
Focusing Strike
Guiding Strike
Virtuous Strike
Majestic Word
Ardent Surge
Implanted Suggestion

Aura 5: Allies gain +4 on damage for OA and +3 to diplomacy and +2 to intimidate checks.

In a round the first ally to bloody a foe gains 4 temp hp.
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
A Fight in the Muck: Round 1

Elkrysn calls forth darkness on the tainted creature, but the mass somehow slips away from his racial spell, the colors bleeding into nothingness. Frustrated, he launches a streak of pure chaos at the writhing swarm. Several of them emit a wailing scream that echos throughout the chamber. The spell continue on towards the orb, but it seems unaffected. [Darkfire miss; chaos orb hits for 5 damage after swarm resistance. Misses M1]

As the drow scurries back, an song both magical and alien fills the chamber. The mystic chorus bring vim back to Sapo and its source, the rotund mage, channels another orb of caustic mire at the lizard mass. The acid eats at the heart of the swarm, but the slimy coating seems to dull the effectiveness. The mass has been significantly diminished. [Majestic Word. Acid hits, halved due to swarm resistance and would have been reduced due to acid resistance if not for the swarm resistance. 11hp and bloodied.]

The wounds from the many bites sting Vimak's skin, and several of the creatures nip at the goliath as he gather's his strength. This seems to trigger a hardening reaction on his lithoderms. At the same time, he channels the runes of his master, restoring some health and granting protection to allies. However, the blood on his weapon causes to slip, spoiling his following attack. [Aura attack hits for 6 damage. Miss with attack.]

As the music heals Sapo, it also moves her down the pipe. The bullywug open its eyes, pain from the wound still stinging, and takes a series of breaths to center herself. The writhing ball of lizards fall over themselves and do not find purchase. The monk then leaps and kicks, attacking with all her might. The blows slam hard into the aberrant lizard and send many of the smaller lizards flying. The bites continue to sting. [Used Torqua's granted shift to move you, otherwise that's an OA to move while prone. The lizard's aura attack misses. Hit M1, miss S1, S2. Did you want to use Flurry? Save: Fails.]

The northwoman strides forward and stabs hard with her massive spear, but the remaining lizards leap out of its way. Her scream is one of frustration instead of defiance. [Miss]

Lhavarr feels the sting of the remaining lizards as they bite into his skin, distracted as he was. Putting that aside a moment, he focuses on their intent, and then with a wild swing, skewers the majority of the rest. The dregs skitter off into the darkness, no longer a threat. The power of the blow reinforces the resolve of his fellows who ignore their minor wounds. But the crawling sensation in his arm continues unabated, the pustules now clear on his neck. Aura attack hits. Attack hits and kills S1. Vimak & Sapo save.]

Seeing Sapo prone before it, the gazing lizard drags its oversized eye to the bullywug. From beneath it, a wiry tentacle clear the water and snaps at the monk's form. It snakes easily around the larger foe, holding her down. [M1 moves forward and uses tentacle attack to grab Sapo.]

The remaining mass of lizards capitalize on Sapo's binding and rush her. They overwhelm her defenses, the bites stinging with the filth. [Hit for 6 hp and 3 ongoing]

As before, two more gobs of bile enter the light. One splashes harmlessly against the pipe next to Lhavarr, while the other arcs over Vimak and lands harmlessly in the sewage. [Both miss]

A Fight in the Muck: Round 2
[sblock=Map]
attachment.php
[/sblock]Moving from sewer to land and vice-versa costs and extra square. The barrel provides cover. Currently, most of the party is in a pipe; you must move to E4/5 before moving elsewhere in the room; when Torqua does this, the rest of the room will be illuminated. Until then, the room (except for the center pillar) is dark (concealment).

Combat Rules
Actions will be handled in posting order; I will bot folks that don't post within a day using at-wills only. I will post info about the monsters as discovered.

Combat Details

M1: -17; Ref 15; Has dazing gaze, has grabbing attack
S1: Dead
S2: -13/40; Will 16; Acid resistance; Swarm attack to adjacent creatures (+8 vs AC; 1d8+4 damage and 3 ongoing (save ends)); can move through enemies w/o OAs; used vile infestation
L1: Has ranged acid attack
L2: Has ranged acid attack

Status

Sapo 21; 8/20, +3 Defenses TENT Vimak, +2 afterwards, grabbed, prone, 7/8 HS, 0/1 AP
Johanna 17; Full defense
Baddies 16
Vimak 12; 14/44, +1 Defenses TENT Vimak, Resist 5 (ENT), bloodied, 9/10 HS
Elkrysin 12; +1 Defenses TENT Vimak
Torqua 10; 5 THP, Sunrod, +1 Defenses TENT Vimak
Lhavarr 6; 26/30; +1 Defenses TENT Vimak, slowed & grants combat advantage (save ends), grants THP

Attachments

• Muck-r2.jpg
    Muck-r2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=Stonegod]

PHB3 said:
RUNEPRIEST CLASS FEATURES

RUNE MASTER
Some of your powers have the runic keyword. When you are going to use a runic power, you first choose one of the runes noted in the power—either the rune of destruction or the rune of protection—and then use the power, applying the chosen rune’s effects. The moment you choose the rune, you enter its rune state. You remain in that rune state until you enter another rune state or until the end of the encounter. Whenever you enter the rune state of the rune of destruction or the rune of protection, you gain an additional benefit. The benefit lasts while you’re in the rune state.

Rune of Destruction
Allies gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies that are adjacent to you or to any other runepriests who are in this rune state.

Rune of Protection
While adjacent to you, allies gain resist 2 to all damage. The resistance increases to 4 at 11th level and 6 at 21st level.

Oops, I can grant 5 temp hp, not just 4. I'll give them to Weighty One. ;)
Also, I should be at 24 hp, unless the aura that triggers the ongoing damage is too late, so I won't take it until my next turn.

[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Vimak Stonecarver

Vimak tries to ignore the pain and takes a step forward. Scribing the sign of the phoenix into the air, he slams the head of his halberd down.
Fire gouts out of it, burning foes and healing Sapo.

[sblock=ooc]
Rune of Destruction
Allies gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies that are adjacent to you or to any other runepriests who are in this rune state.

Rune of Protection
While adjacent to you, allies gain resist 2 to all damage.

---

Move: Move to 5 E
Standard: Flames of Purity (S2, M1, Damage) (1d20+9=14, 1d20+9=19, 1d10+7=11)
Rune of Protection: Each ally (Sapo) in the blast regains 3 hit points.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Vimak Stonecarver
Perception: 15 Insight: 19 Normal Vision
AC 21 Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 18
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 14 / 44 Bloodied: 22
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw:
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 9 / 10
At-Will Powers: Word of Diminishment, Word of Binding, Lightning Damage
Encounter Powers: Rune of Mending 1/2, Stone’s Endurance, Flames of Purity, Symbol of Wrath Reversed
Daily Powers: Rune of Endless Fire, Shield of Sacrifice, Deny CA Bonus, Extra Lightning Damage.

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

[sblock=OOC]Riders like that should be in Vimak's stat block (I looked at the PH3 entry and couldn't find it, I swear). Edit for the THP and resistance. The buggers did hit you w/ the aura attack this round but you saved.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sapo Toa tries to break free from the tentacle, but to no avail. Failing, she tries to become as hard to hit as possible.

Break from grab: 11 or 7
Save: 3
Total defense

stonegod

[sblock=VV]So you know, you can attack while grabbed. You just can't move from that square. You can stand up and still be grabbed.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Oh that's useful to know. In that case I choose to atack. I'll post later today. Also, please apply the 4 dmg from flurry of blows to the previous attack.

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Riders like that should be in Vimak's stat block (I looked at the PH3 entry and couldn't find it, I swear). Edit for the THP and resistance. The buggers did hit you w/ the aura attack this round but you saved.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Just added it to the ooc above my mini stats.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads