• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Neil1889

First Post
Rain hesitates for a moment and then reaches for the last book. For the moment, and conscious of her intrusion, she has a skim of the last few pages only.

"This appears to be a diary of Porpherio's 194 years or so of living here. Question is, where is he? Could there be a secret room, perhaps?"

Son of Meepo

First Post
"We experienced strange distortions of time when we entered the waterfall. I wonder if time flows differently here then outside. If that is true, then I wonder if he'd have survived for so long even if no one found him. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Oakstaff overestimated our longevity in comparison to his own and may not have considered the problem."

Arcana (1d20+8=20)

"PROPHIERO! If you can hear we have come to help you! An assassin has been sent for you thus you will need our protection! Lady Caerwyn is safe, Soryth could not take her from us and now we need to be sure no one will take you. So, please, come out."

Diplomacy (1d20+11=29)

jbear

First Post
[sblock=Rain's Reading]
Volume 194 reveals Porpherio's intent to entomb his soul. The journal's last lines read: My life and power I seal into the tomb with Caerwyn's soul. Our devotion shall be preserved inside this eternal garden, which shall be preserved in turn. Blissful sleep shall be
ours, forever, and the garden shall endure. [/sblock]

What was that...? A moment after Wat calls out ... a sound? If so ... from where?

GM: Wat's action has triggered everyone being able to reroll perception. Unfortunately he cannot confirm nor deny if his postulation about the flow of time inside the palace. However he suspects that the flow of time between the outside the world and inside the garden may well be quite different.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
[sblock=perception]1d20+6=16 Yay! Average![/sblock]
Sabynha's ears perk up, and she spins about on the balls of her feet, trying to locate the source of the sound, hand instinctively going for her blade. Her heart pounds with anticipation, and she makes ready to dance if she must, despite the protest of tired, aching muscles.

Neil1889

First Post
[sblock=perception]Rain: 11
Zuri: 19
Shandra: 26 [/sblock]

Rain reads the passage aloud, incredulity creeping into her voice.

"Porpherio's 194 years or so of living here can't have done wonders for his state of mind. Listen to this, 'My life and power I seal into the tomb with Caerwyn's soul. Our devotion shall be preserved inside this eternal garden, which shall be preserved in turn. Blissful sleep shall be ours, forever, and the garden shall endure.'"

Rain places the book back on the shelf, shaking her head "That line of thought is never going to end well."

jbear

First Post
GM: Shandra is posted outside. She does not get a perception check.

Sabynha's eyes are immediately drawn to a corner of the room by the scraping sound. Something from beneath the floor, surely.
As soon as her eyes focus on that area more tiny clues reach her notice. Scuff marks from a booted foot, the same size as the ones found outside. Heading to the spot it takes only moments for Sabynha to realise that their is a well hidden trap door in the corner.

Remove ads