• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)

renau1g

First Post
"Ah, yes, it is indeed perilous to attempt to gather the ingredients that I require, but you can see that it takes such daring, such bravery, such inventiveness for one to climb to the top of the culinary world and I intend to remind people as to why the name of Georges Auguste Escoffier is known throughout the Isles" the chef says, his passion for cuisine evident as is his competitive nature.

"But the young tiefling has it correct, a ghoul is required to maintain freshness in the remaining ingredients. Their paralytic enzymes are enough to stop even the deadly beasts you must track down, however they will likely need to be incapacitated first. As for the ghoul...I have heard, after preparing the meal for the local Lautite high priests, that there are rumors of undead in a cave system, not far from Daunton. I've also heard that a group of kobolds have recently found what seems like a library in the interior of the island. They were not able to enter the structure, but there may be some undead guardians there as well." Georges says, before disappearing into the kitchen for a few minutes, only to return with some light pastries, inside they are filled with some delicious chocolate/hazelnut spread and strawberries and bananas. Once again the meal tantalizes the taste buds.

crepes-6.jpg

[sblock=OOC]
You remember hearing about a culinary festival in the Screamer a few weeks ago
http://www.enworld.org/forum/5058853-post33.html

Also, everyone gains the benefits of an extended rest
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"Let's try the library. With some luck, some book over there could even give us more information about the other ingredients." suggests Calisto.

renau1g

First Post
"Ah...yes, you will likely need to destroy it, but need to...oh how would it be put best... harvest their blood or poison gland or whatever it is that makes ghouls work. Maybe you can find a book about that too" Georges says

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Willow remains quiet through the talk of undead, remembering the hoard that ravaged her family those years ago.

-''Yes!'' Ghorgor nods vigorously. ''I sure when old shaman said Ghorgor need expand mind, shaman meant useful stuff like learn about how to harvest ghoul for food. We go now and be back for dessert!''

Ghorgor steps out the door, happy to go ghoul hunting.

Karmic_vegeance

First Post
-''Yes!'' Ghorgor nods vigorously. ''I sure when old shaman said Ghorgor need expand mind, shaman meant useful stuff like learn about how to harvest ghoul for food. We go now and be back for dessert!''

Ghorgor steps out the door, happy to go ghoul hunting.
"Now hold on there, big fella!" exclaims J'ryi. "'Interior of the island' still doesn't say much about where we're going." The dragonborn stands from his seat, giving Georges a dour look. "You got more specific info on this library, Georgie Porgie, or am I going to have to run around the gutters again just to catch some kobolds?" Easing up a little, J'ryi coughs into his hand. "Sharp-toothed little shrimps are a handful," he mutters to himself, nervously glancing at his scarred fingers.

Walking Dad

First Post
Nejs Radan, Half-Elf Ardent 2

"Good so we will try to learn how to harvest the paralytic ability and then go down into the sewers? Then let's go!" Nejs says eager, his enthusiasm contagious.

[sblock=ooc]

Will update my wiki sheet ASAP

---

Aura 5: +3 damage on opportunity attacks, +2 to Diplomacy and Intimidate checks.

---

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Nejs Ragan
Perception: 12 Insight: 19 Low-light Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 15 Reflex 13 Will 16
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 33 / 33 Bloodied: 16
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:8 Surges per day: 10 / 10
At-Will Powers: Demoralizing Strike, Energizing Strike
Encounter Powers: Power Points: 2/2, Ardent Surge 2/2, Ardent Outrage, Virtuous Strike, Dimensional Swap
Daily Powers: Implanted Suggestion

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"I'm afraid I don't know exactly where it's located, but you all seem like you know how to get information out of people. I'm sure you can figure out how to find out where it is. I'm guessing you'd find a few ne'er do wells in Overgrowth, they breed there like rats" he says with distaste towards the poor area of Daunton.

"Ah yes if you manage this I will certainly have an exquisite dessert ready for your return" the chef promises.

Remove ads