[Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)

Velmont

First Post
"Thanks. Just forget we have met and all will be fine." replies Calisto. She then turn to J'yri. "Let them go. If the Fireclaws doesn't cooperate, you'll have your chance to see action."

Karmic_vegeance

First Post
"Tch. Please, do you think I'm some kind of brute? All he needed to do was say that earlier and I would've bought him a drink and sent him on his way." Letting the kobold down gently, J'ryi shrugs. "I just don't like to screw around with doubletalk and false sincerity. Anyway, thanks for not biting me." Digging around in his pocket for a coin to hand the still terrified kobolds, he realizes he's completely broke. "Oh. Well, we'll have to pass on the drink, for now." He pats the little lizard on the head, though it cringes in fear. "Sorry about that. Business and all. You be good now, you little rascals."

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
...Ok, so he says you follow the path outta town for one thousand paces, kobold paces mind you, not you giant's paces. Anyways, wait or was it ten thousand, no that doesn't make sense, he couldn't counted that high...

-''But what be kobold to goliath pace conversion?'' Ghorgor asks, scratching his head.

He then looks around, sees a kobold walking down the street and then tries to walk discreetly behind him. Discreetly by the standards of a goliath in full plate armor, mind you. The young kobold, carrying carpenter tools and obviously going to work, notices Ghorgor (how could he not!) and quicken the pace, scared. Ghorgor picks up the pace and soon they are both sprinting down the street, the innocent kobold squealing in fright. Ghorgor soon gives up in frustration.

-''ARG! IS NO GOOD! I no can count my steps and kobold steps at same time if we be running!''

Velmont

First Post
After the kobold is gone, Calisto adds "I just want to maintain your brutal image you've just shown. If the word spread and you need to scare another kobold, it could be useful."

She then see Gorghor running after a kobold. "Come back! I'll handle the count."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Fissure stands impassively, a look of confusion on his face with all the fast moving action. He shrugs and waits; someone will tell him where to go eventually.

renau1g

First Post
The group heads out of Daunton, leaving the mess of their pursuit in their wake, the angry calls of the homeowner who's house was damaged by the goliath's slowly fades into the din of the area.

Calisto handles the count as the group attempts to determine "kobold steps" as you follow the kobold's directions. Sure enough at step one thousand and twenty-one (surely there's a rounding error there) you see an odd stone tower, although you can easily tell it is not man made, but rather a wonder of the natural world.

CD854089C64A.jpg

[sblock=ooc]
Ok, so please let me know marching order [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"It what I thought. That kobold I saw was a teenager, not yet full grown, so his step was a slightly shorter than the usual kobold... either that or the kobold was lazy and didn't wanted to remember the exact number." tells Calisto to herself. "At least his description of the monolith is good. So, it is near here... I see trees, birds, a raccoon... anyone see a library nearby?"

[SBLOCK=OOC]Suggestion:
Gorghor - J'ryi
Calisto - Willow
Nejs - Fissure

roughly 10 feet distance per pair.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Ghorgor is in the lead. He frequently signals the group to stop. Is it because he sees something suspicious? Never. It's always because he lost count of the paces they made, because he forgot how many paces they are supposed to make or because he saw a pretty bird.

-''Oooh. Look, a blue jay!''

Remove ads