Adventure: A Fish Story (DM: BenBrown; Judge: renau1g)

Wik

First Post
Abigail smiles goodbye to Sturgeon, and says "I hope everything works out well, sir... and I promise we will keep you fully informed."

As she follows Victor, she discusses plans with her new companions on the off-chance that something should go awfully wrong (read as: the fact that PCs don't really expect to get into a fight in something like this, but in reality are doomed for it to happen!).

"I like the way you think, sir gnome," Abigail says. "If by 'sneak to the flank' you mean 'stick our blades in their spleens as fast as possibly', I think we're going to get along famously."

Abigail smiles, still making adjustments to her hair. When she sees the lizard snuffling along on the ground, she pauses for a minute, digs out some jerky, and tosses it to the beast. This, of course, elicits an angry chirp from Azuras, who promptly scatters all over Abigail's body in excitement, before settling on the shoulder once more and nipping at her ear angrily. Abigail flinches, and looks at the ferret-like dragon in annoyance.

"What!? I want to get on that thing's good side! Do you really think I want an angry and hungry lizard-thing like that near me in a tense situation?"

The dragonling chirps a few more times.

"Azzie, it would take you three lifetimes for you to eat me, if you had help. I don't think that thing would even need to chew before swallowing. But if you want to get your jerky back, feel free to try."

The dragonling slumps down, disappointed, and watches his jerky disappear wistfully.

Abigail takes a few more steps, and then says to herself, "Wait. Sturgeon said he had to prepare something for when we return... I wonder what that means? Hm."

[sblock=tactics]
So, Eraden and Dante close on the biggest foe, Alastair skulks around and snipes, Speaker buffs Dante, and Abigail either pops minions or tries to keep the rest of the bad guys away from the centre fight? So, really, two mini-teams: Eraden, Dante, and Speaker on one, and Abigail and Alastair on the other? Seems like a pretty good combo to me...[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante follows.

Virgil wolfs down the jerky, but stops when there's a little piece left, glances as Azuras, coughs, and leaves the last bit.

Dante shakes his head. "Virgil would not eat Abigail unless Abigail is a corpse. Virgil does not bite unless in ioloth... battle? but then will sometimes eat if there is hunger."

He looks at the lizard. "And do not worry over which side of Virgil to stand on, devil lizards are ugly from any."

Dante whirls and half-draws his weapons at more rats skittering in an alley, then calms down again and looks at Victor. "How many bath'crossix might these ones find in the ioloth'anolos... battle-place? where these ones go."

[sblock=battle tictacs]Sounds good! In other news, I typed all this up, then accidentally clicked on one of the banner ads on the side and lost all of it... better the second time around?[/sblock]

Eternal54

First Post
Eraden follows behind everyone as the back is the easiest place to to keep vigil from. Should the team get flanked or ambushed, he could take the brunt of the charge. He watched curiously as the large lizard awkwardly walked at its master's feet. The other reptile would periodically peer over Abigail's shoulder and glance at its much larger cousin in the same manner Eraden did.

Sturgeon pauses outside of the gates of a large house in Mackerel Lane.

"Victor will take you from here," he says. "I need to prepare a few things for when you return. Please don't hide any bad news from me. If anything has happened to Edith, I want to know. Come back here when you're done. Good luck to all of you."

He turns and enters the gates.

Victor turns and heads up the street. "We should be there in just a few minutes. If you've got any questions, let me know."

"I believe we are well prepared and eager to begin. Lead the way good sir." Eraden says as he allows himself to fall behind the rest of the group once again.

Abigail takes a few more steps, and then says to herself, "Wait. Sturgeon said he had to prepare something for when we return... I wonder what that means? Hm."

"I wonder that as well" eraden calls from behind. "He most likely will set up for her arival, perhaps have some medical supplies on hand should..." Eraden paused for the briefest of moments, conteplating how Sturgeon would react if harm fell upon his niece. "should he need them." he quickly finished pushing the thoughts aside.

[sblock=ooc]
The tactics youve worked out seems ideal to me as well. I will try so soak up as much damage as i can for you all. If someone is in need of HP just call it out but remember I can only heal twice a day. Other than that we should try to roll as many 20s as possible. :D
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Eraden-Male Half-Elf Paladin
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 19
AC: 20, For: 12, Ref: 13, Will: 16
HP: 28/28, Bloodied: 14, Surge Value: 7, Surges/Day: 11
Speed: 5 Squares, Languages: Common, Elven, Goblin
AP: 1, Second Wind: Unused
Powers: Lay on Hands, Divine Challange, Bolstering Stike, Enfeebling strike, Channel Divinity: Devine Mettle, Channel Divinity: Divine Strength, Shielding Smite, Eyebite, Radiant Delirium
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
Azuras scampers down, grabs the last piece of jerky, and grips it in tiny forelimbs. He nibbles furiously, glaring up at Abigail as he runs alongside her. He then starts running -jerky clenched in his mouth - from person to person, a peculiar gait that is one part running, one part flying, and one part tumbling to the ground.

As he passes each person, he stops, looks at them intently, and then runs on to the next. Every few feet, he halts and chews on the jerky. Abigail watches and chuckles.

"I didn't mean any harm, Mr. Dante. And no disrespect, Virgil." Abigail says, quite seriously. Everyone notices that she still gives the lizard a wide berth.

taran

First Post
"He most likely will set up for her arival, perhaps have some medical supplies on hand should..." Eraden paused for the briefest of moments, conteplating how Sturgeon would react if harm fell upon hie niece. "should he need them." he quickly finished pushing the thoughts aside.
"These men, these kidnappers, they see us come, be maybe they say 'Stay back, or we hurt the girl!', and be so broken that they do it. I have my powders ready; tell your god when it be time to pay attention."

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"I didn't mean any harm, Mr. Dante. And no disrespect, Virgil." Abigail says, quite seriously. Everyone notices that she still gives the lizard a wide berth.

Dante looks at Abigail curiously. "Unless they spawn magics, what harm can words be? It is the savok'din'hobkoar... breeding-pit? and drag-shackles, the burn-whips of the Bath'savakin and the bath'hoquilix... death-storms? of Minauros and Phelgethos - these are the kranakus'grijji... pain-bringing."

He returned to watching the streets for a minute, then glanced her way again. "And Dante is little understanding this word 'respect', but what this one knows of it, it is little found in Dis.
Dis'waikrut is better word... terror-of-Dis?"

"These men, these kidnappers, they see us come, be maybe they say 'Stay back, or we hurt the girl!', and be so broken that they do it. I have my powders ready; tell your god when it be time to pay attention."

"Let these ones be hoping no waikrut'bath are near. There is anolos in Dis named Waikrut'bath'anolos... God-Street? where many self-called gods live. No place worse has Dante ever seen..."

Last edited:

Wik

First Post

"If they pull that stunt, blue hair's god better be protecting them, is all I can say."

Eternal54

First Post
"If they pull that stunt, blue hair's god better be protecting them, is all I can say."

"My gods only protects those with honor. These cowards have taken a young girl from her family, they will not know Palladys' mercy, nor mine."

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
The last trace of twilight has vanished, and the fog is beginning to roll in from the inner harbor as the party arrives at the warehouse.

"There it is," says Victor. "The watchman should be by shortly."

Sure enough, a middle-aged night watchman, bearing a lantern and a bell rounds the corner soon. He mumbles to himself as he pauses for a minute or two by the door and then continues around the building.

The warehouse is about 200 feet long, and just over sixty feet wide. There is a large double door in the center of the short end facing Cod Street, and another at the other end, facing the Fisherman's Alley Market, which is still active with fishmongers and other hawkers packing up their wares for the night.

Inset in the large double door is a smaller, human-scale door. There are a few small windows set high in the walls which rise up over twenty feet to the edge of the roof. A dim light is visible through some of the windows.

The cobbles of the street are slightly slick, and there is a pervasive odor of fish in the air.

[sblock=Skill Challenge]
Skill Challenge: Get inside without alerting anybody.

Level 1, Complexity 2 (6 successes before 3 failures)

Current Count: 0 Successes, 0 Failures

• Primary skills are Athletics, Bluff, Perception, and Thievery.
  • DC for using a primary skill is 12. For a secondary skill is 20.
  • Each round each character gets one skill roll.
  • Each character can use each primary skill only once. You must use a different skill the next time.
  • Please describe what you're doing and how you're applying that skill.
  • Keep in mind that some skills may have unintended consequences, especially when dealing with people.
[/sblock]

[sblock=gods]
There's been a bit of talk of gods. It's easy to overlook on the Wiki, but L4W does have an established set of gods different from the default D&D set.

Here's the link, and you might want to revise your dialogue accordingly

L4W:The Twelve Gods - ENWiki
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads