(Adventure) A hunting trip

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Katherine coughs dryly and says to no one in particular "I have no idea how my father's battle criers kept that up all day... can I borrow a waterskin?" She takes a long drink then wets a kerchief to tie over her nose and block the smell as she kneels to examine the creature more closely. She is looking for any scars that indicate that the deformities could be new, and also see if the facial features should have prevented it from eating successfully and getting this far.

"Do you think we can take the body back with us without attracting every scavenger in the woods?"

Kahuna Burger said:
"Do you think we can take the body back with us without attracting every scavenger in the woods?"

"Only if we take time to clean it up properly," Telerin said as he looked over the body again, "I do not believe it would be very possible..."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
"Only if we take time to clean it up properly," Telerin said as he looked over the body again, "I do not believe it would be very possible..."

Katherine nodded. "Perhaps we could build a rough cairn over it. It might be significant to further examine it later..." She turned away and sat heavily on one of the orfeme's wayward missiles. "So do we head home while the heading is good, or wait for morning and see if we can find this thing's lair? And either way, how many of those healing draughts do we have?"

(ooc, katherine is down to 2 hit points, and probably looks the worse for wear.)

Pyrex

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
Katherine nodded. "Perhaps we could build a rough cairn over it. It might be significant to further examine it later..."

"Not a bad thought, but I think we'd be better off burning the body. I'd rather not find out what happens if one of the local scavengers decides to make a meal of it."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC: I've been layed up with a foot wound <4HP> for a few days, if you folks didn't see the post in the Discussion thread. I should be posting more regularly at this point.

IC: Examination of the Ormfene's body shows a few odd things. Katherine notes that the thing's muscles seemed to have swelled and grown recently, an unnatural thing, the signs of the muscle-tear still evident.

OoC:OK, so she isn't a doctor or personnal trainer but I'm giving her points for inventiveness in her Search.

Telerin finds what would have been a necklace for a normal sized creature, though the Ormfene was wearing it as a wristband. The Necklace is a simple thing, a leather cord upon which a tooth of some beast, possibly a Wolf is strung. On either side of the tooth are red and green beads, 3 of each per side.

Aranel and Remi both come to the same thought,:The farmer's wife hadn't yet been found, nor the other son. Perhaps the thing had a Lair.

Telerin slipped the piece of jewelry off of the wrist of the creature just as Whitefang made his way back over to them. He patted the wolf's head and scratched his ear a little before looking over the necklace, "Interesting little thing..."

Pyrex

First Post
"We can worry about it's remains later, for now I think we need to focus on finding it's lair. If they're still alive the farmers wife and son may be trapped there."

Aranel

First Post
Hearing the bard speak of examing it Aranel wrinkled her nose. Why anyone would want to take that smelly, disgusting, mutated, foul, murdering creature anywhere but a pyre was beyond her.
She was trying to stay upwind of it, death tended to smell bad. "As Remi said, we should be searching for its lair...there are yet two humans unaccounted for, there may even be others too..." That and who knew what else of worth it had taken.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Her examination complete, katherine steps gratefully upwind...

"Burning then... probably for the best. Remi, I don't have the power left today to tell if that trinket has any greater power than it apears, but we should keep it safe and not worn till I can."

She looks at the body and the cliff above. "Aranel, can you and telerin - and whitefang, of course - find the lair and check for survivers? I'd take the long way around and go slow looking for any more traps. If someone has some oil, Remi and I can dispose of the body and catch up..." She tears the kerchief into a few strips for the elf to drop along the path. "I suppose we should hold off on partaking of the healing draughts until we see if someone needs them more."

Though the ground and underbrush is probably wet enough not to worry, Katherine nonetheless kicks the ground cover away from the body in preperation of a pyre...

Telerin stood up and nodded, still holding the necklace in his hand, he looked down to Whitefang and said, "Alright, Whitefang...you're up again...find us a scent before they burn the thing, will you?"

Remove ads