(Adventure) A hunting trip

Uriel said:
OoC:Waiting on Remi's action. Everyone feel free to post intentions, please.
I prefer to get them all and then make a big DM post. Either way...

((OOC: Intentions? Right...I'll just throw in my post and you put it where it should go :)))

Telerin's eyes shot up at the sight. Wonderful. He wasn't sure if he'd meant that sarcastically or not...Quickly, he did his best to keep Whitefang back, while trying to get out one of the arrows Remi had given to him.

((OOC: Telerin's readying an action...basically, shoot at the thing once Katherine uses the light so he can see.))

Pyrex

First Post
Remi draws an arrow an prepares to fire.

(to Kat)
"Ok, light it up."

OOC: Ready an action to fire on the beast once Kat has cast Light on the arrow.

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Aranel disappears into the woods, moving East looking for a place to move up and behind the Ormfene.
<I hope that was her intention, tell me if not and you can change it..

Remi holds...

Telerin holds...

Whitefang snarls a lot...

Kathering casts Light upon Remi's arrow...

Remi fires, his arrow going wide, missing the Ormfene, but sticking in a tree, shedding light...

Lit by the glow of the arrow, the Ormfene's face becomes visable. The creature is massive, fully five feet wide at it's shoulders and somewhere around ten feet tall, if not more. Rags taken from it's victims are it's clothes, along with bits of armor and cast-off hides. The thing's face however...a twisted and deformed nose, elongated jaw and massive tusks jutting forth from it's mouth, which seems unable to close fully. Bulging eyes, slits of yellow amidst a mass of tortured skin a sallow brownish green. One horn protrudes from it's left temple, a deformed stub having never developed on it's right.The thing was once an Ogre, though now it seemed even more repugnant than one of that foul and debased race. It is as if something Primordial had possessed it.Twitching and drooling copiously, it laughs as Telerin's arrow, too flies wide of it's Mark.

The Ormfene roars with deafening volume and hurls it's boulder, for a huge rock is indeed what it holds aloft.
The Stone flies wide as well, a gift perhaps from the Green Man, Bron Bekkle would say so. <Missed you folks>.

<Actions? It doesn't have the concealment miss chance now, but still retains the AC bonus from being partially obscured by the cliff>

Aranel

First Post
((No its fine ^^ ))

Aranel kept moving, heading around, though now she could see a little better, she wished it were otherwise. The creature was hideous. Was that it or just its puppet? Either way it was attacking and there was little time to waste.
She kept running, pondering if she should pause to reload.
She did. Stopping and reloading her crossbow she wondered exactly how she was going to pull off attacking it from behind...alone...

Telerin found himself ducking instinctively before taking a few steps back as he drew one of the arrows that Bron had given them. He nocked it, and let it loose at the huge creature.

((OOC: Is there any cover to back up behind...? Trees not too far behind us?))

Kahuna Burger

First Post
OOC: If I understand things, katherine now goes just before both remi and telerin. The new Inspire Courage takes a standard action to start and takes effect imediately.

Katherine backs up to kneel behind a fallen tree but her voice rings out boldly. "Stand fast companions against this monstrosity! This foulness cannot be allowed to tarnish our new home any further! Strike true, strike hard and remove this abomination from the home of the Green Man!" As she speaks, the others feel their minds focusing and their wills resolve even more against this thing.

OOC: only got the 3 ranks in oratory, not singing... ;) +1 to attack and damage for telerin and remi this round and everyone starting the next.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC: Telerin can get half cover from a tree and still get off a shot or move to better cover ,3/4 and shoot his next action.
Yes, Kathering is going just prior to the archers.
Aranel can move at X3 through the woods, so one round gives her 90' up and around. Next round would see her able to get a Sneak position on the Ormfene.
Sorry for no maps, folks, I usually use them and i could if you like, but the situation is pretty simple. The Ormfene is standing above you, throwing rocks down,you are all behind trees shooting arrows, Whitefang as well, I assume, although I will allow Telerin to send him with ranel if you like. He is well aware of pack hunting and would most likely be thinking of getting behind it anyways.

IC:
Aranel moves...
Katherine Inspires Courage...

Remi's arrows hits < 5HP>
Telerin's arrow misses...
The Ormfene roars and hurls another rock, missing...

Remove ads