• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure:A Jaz of all Trades (DM:Luinnar Judge: H.M.Gimlord).

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
OOC: I'm thinking this may be the turn for Dorn to go nova with an AP, granting +3 to everyone on their turn, who can use APs and also get that bonus WL healing. Thoughts?

OOC: That's a good idea, although Dekana may want to take his turn before you do so Jax isn't blind while he has the bonus. I'm going to go now since I don't need the AP healing yet and because Luinnar very generously let me keep my good roll from earlier.

Andras draws a barbed arrow and fires it at the tiefling. The arrow twists into Hastings's calf, hampering his ability to defend himself. Grinning at his success, Andras turns to his friends, "Come on, let's take them out quickly! Chin up, Quagmire."

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Relentless Wounding vs Hastings. Hits AC 35 for 27 damage. Actually, 32 damage, thanks to Quagmire. Until the end of the encounter, allies gain a +5 power bonus to damage rolls against him.
Move: Reorient the Axis, everyone can shift 5 squares.
Minor: Inspiring Word on Quagmire, healing surge + 10.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Andras's mini-stats]Andras genasi Warlord/Captain of Fortune 12
Initiative: +18 | Passive perception: 26 | Passive Insight: 26
AC: 27 | For: 29 | Ref: 26 | Will: 25
HP: 81/81 | Bloodied: 40 | Surge value: 20 | Surges: 9/9
Resist: 10 Fire
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Primordial
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +17 vs AC, 1d10+7 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +18 vs AC, 1d10+10 damage
Powers: Paint the Bulls-Eye, Direct the Strike
Powerful Warning, Staggering Shot, On My Mark, Lady Luck Smiles, Disciplined Counter
Relentless Wounding, Create Opportunity, Coordinated Assault
Firedeath, Inspiring Word (1/2), Shake It Off, Reorient the Axis, Unintended Feint, Favored Fortune
Rebounding Longbow, Boots of the Fencing Master, Feytouched Armor, Boar Tusk Helm, Legacy Undying

Skirmishing Presence:
When an ally who can see Andras spends an Action Point to make an attack, that ally can shift five squares before or after the attack.

Conditions:

[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Lol at this use of Powerful Warning.

Sir Exsixten: DO NOT WORRY, I SHALL TAKE THE BLOW FROM THIS DOPPELGANGER!

Andras: Watch out, you're about to get attacked by the doppelganger!

Sir EXSIXTEN: OH, I DID NOT REALIZE THAT. DODGE!

OOC: That is pretty funny. Going to shift up and use Come and Get It to hopefully pull most of them next to me. No time to update until tonight though.

Dekana

Explorer
In an amazing feat of agility, Jax - still blinded - maneuvers toward Hastings and makes an uppercut-like dagger slash against him. But good as Jax is, even he can't hit the villain while he still has dirt in his eyes.

Sensing that he will be surrounded in a moment, Jax retreats back to the upper level of the ship.

[sblock=Jax actions / stats]Jax
Start of turn: 10 fire damage from ongoing. Jax is at 20/89.

Free: I'll take the 5 shift to S18.

Standard: Running Slash vs Hastings misses Reflex 24. Walk to Q17 for the attack and then back to U19, without provoking from Hastings. No damage from the aura because Jax has resist 5 necrotic. (1d20+20+3-5=24)

End of turn: Save vs ongoing 10 fire succeeds. (1d20=15)

Uncle Jaz
[MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION] Hmm... is that grab only save ends, or can Uncle Jaz make an attempt to escape from it?

PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold, 13 Rogue / Daggermaster
Passive Perception: 23, Passive Insight: 22
AC:26, Fort:22, Reflex:26, Will:19, Resist 5 cold, 5 necrotic, Speed:7
HP:20/89, Bloodied:44, Surge Value:22, Surges left:8/9
Initiative +14
Action Points: 1 (encounter)

Conditions
Blind TENT Dak

Powers
MBA: +19 vs Reflex, 1d4+14; or with CA, +22 vs Reflex, 1d4+16 + 3d8+4 (1/turn)
RBA: +20 vs Reflex, 1d4+11; or with CA, +23 vs Reflex, 1d4+13 + 3d8+4 (1/turn)
Frost Dagger, Piercing Strike, Riposte Strike, Shifty
Combat Tumbleset, Critical Opportunity, Feytouched, Imperiling Strike, Low Slash, Perfect Feint, Royal Scamper, Running Slash, Second Wind, Sneak in the Attack, Stunning Strike
Battlemaster's Dagger, Bloodbath, Frost Dagger, Knockout, Meditation of the Blade, Press the Advantage, Raven Cloak, Royal Blood

Combat notes: +2 damage with CA; +2 damage with cold; 18-20 crit range (except basic attacks); on crit, make MBA with offhand (not cold damage)
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: Was about to go, but would be better if [MENTION=74526]nerdytenor[/MENTION] went first so Sir Exsixten can get the +3 for Come And Get It.

Also, at the start of the fight, Sir Exsixten was at 10+108/116, now he's at 5+114/116... after taking 12 damage? Not sure what I missed...

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Also, at the start of the fight, Sir Exsixten was at 10+108/116, now he's at 5+114/116... after taking 12 damage? Not sure what I missed...
GM: Thought you were at full HP, you should be 5+106/116 than, correct? You had 10 THP and got hit for 12, but then attacked with a MBA and got 5 THP. :)

nerdytenor

First Post
Though his allies cannot see it through his gloomy shroud, Dorn's skin is lashed with flame (Take 10 fire damage. Minor - sustain shroud.)

The sorcerer whips himself into a ball of lightning, flying through the closest enemies in a blur of blue and gray. (Spark form misses glug, hits Dak for 21 lightning damage, hits Sardna for 18 lightning damage, and hits Hastings for 23 lightning damage. Dorn ends his shift in R18, and take 5 necrotic damage from entering and leaving that aura).

Reaching deep into some dark demonic reserve, Dorn cries out in agony as a pair of wings bursts from his back, just peeking out of the grey mist enveloping him. In a burst of energy, he leaps into the air, blasting his enemies asunder. When the dust settles, two of his enemies are on the ground, and two lie in the water. (Action Point Winds Of Change close blast 3 vs the same 4 enemies. Hit = full damage + push 3, miss = half + push one. Glugyug is hit, takes 34 damage, and I attempt to push of the boat. Glugyug makes his save, and is prone in R14. Sardna miss. Re-roll from unintended Feint CRITS, Sardna takes 41 damage, 10 ongoing damage (save ends), she saves from the push off the boat and is prone in Q14. I get to try again with my crit to push her off, she fails her save and is in the water at Q13. Hastings hit, 34 damage, I attempt to push off the boat. Hastings fails his save, and is in the water at M13. Dak CRIT 41 damage, I attempt to push off the boat, he makes his save, and he takes 10 ongoing damage (save ends). After that resolves, I get to try and push him again because of my class feature on crit (it explicitly says to apply after all other effects). Never mind, he makes that save, too. Dak is prone in Q14. Dorn heals 13 from WL bonus, and gets an immediate save at +5, which fails, even with the bonus.. Dorn grants +3 to enemies TSNT. Dorn gains flight, hover, TENT. )

The grey, winged creature that is Dorn flies into the air, hopefully safe from further harm. (Fly to U19, two squares up. End of turn save vs. ongoing damage also fails. Dang. )

All allies gain +3 to hit for one turn

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer/Demon-Soul Adept 13

Immediate Reactions:
If hit would bloody Dorn, use Narrow Escape to take 1/2 damage and teleport away

Current Effects:
flight, hover TENT
granting +3 to all enemies TSNT
+1 AC first roll even TSNT
ongoing 10 fire damage (save ends)
Deep shroud; Dorn's square and all adjacent are heavily obscured
resist 10 psychic, ignore 10 psychic resistance
Enemies need 1 extra square of movement to move adjacent to Dorn

Passive Perception 15, Passive Insight 15
AC 26, Fort 24, Reflex 24, Will 27 (base defenses)
HP 74/93 Bloodied 46 Surge Value 23, Surges 6/7
Speed 7, Initiative +14
Action Points: 0

Notes
Daily Wild Soul: psychic
Dorn starts each combat with 5 tmp hp (from Fey Blessed Circlet)
Dorn has CA on surprise round and against enemies with lower init 1st round
Dorn uses the raw d20 (no mods) for all even/odd effects
Dorn scores a crit on 19 or 20
Dorn gets CA against enemies that are being flanked by his allies
When an enemy crits Dorn, Dorn can crit that enemy on a roll of 17-20 TENT
When using a close arcane attack power, Dorn can choose a square within 2 as the origin

Encounter Resources
USED Primordial Storm
Demon-Soul Bolts
Bedeviling Burst
USED Spark Form
Furious Assault (no action)
Lightning Shift (move)
Variable Resistance (minor)
Narrow Escape
Periapt of Cascading Health (minor)
Half-Orc Resilience (no action)
Second Wind
USED Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Chromatic Orb
Moon and the Stars
USED Winds of Change
Demonic Wrath (minor)
Gambit Armor (minor)
Luckblade Dagger
USED Deep Shroud (minor)
Diamond Cincture (minor)
Antipathy Gloves (std)
Soul of the Bat (minor)

2x potion of healing
[/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=74526]nerdytenor[/MENTION] I'll use Unintended Feint to let you reroll the Winds of Change attack against Sardna with additional CA. So, go ahead and reroll.

Last edited:

Remove ads