• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten points his axe at the fallen Radaga. YOU HAD NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE, MAKE YOUR TIME. NOW ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

He walks over to the hidden compartment and points at the wealth within. CITIZENS, YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DOING, TAKE OFF EVERY ZIG.

[sblock=Statblock]Sir Exsixten, Male Warforged Fighter 9
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18
AC: 27, Fort:24, Reflex:20, Will:20 -- Speed:5
HP:88/88, Bloodied:44, Surge Value:22, Surges left:14/14
Initiative +5, Action Points: 1

Powers: Crushing Surge, Brash Strike, Combat Challenge, Hack and Hew, Sweeping Blow, Come and Get It, Guardian's Counter, Daring Shot, Warforged Resolve, Second Wind, Comeback Strike, Rain of Steel, Victorious Surge, Boundless Endurance
Items: Delver's Light, Potion of Healing x 1, Potion of Resistance x 1, Amulet of Life, Dwarven Thrower, Restful Bedroll, Dwarven Armor

MBA
: +15(+17 OA) vs. AC, 1d12+10 damage and enemy movement is stopped(OA) and Sir Exsixten gains 5 temporary hitpoints.
RBA: 6/12, +14 vs AC, 1d12+7 damage.

Notes: *Enemies hit take cumulative -1 to AC(save ends). *Gain 5 THP on healing surge. *Reroll the first 1 on damage rolls. *+2 damage with THP. *+2 damage vs bloodied enemies.[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
CITIZENS, YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DOING, TAKE OFF EVERY ZIG.

Andras shakes his head but grins widely, "I swear metal man, I only understand about half of what you say. This time, at least, I think I get the idea. Oh, but hold that thought."

The genasi then limps back to where they left the kidnapped woman and calls out, "Hey, miss? It's all clear now. The hag's dead. You should probably come with us back to town."

Dekana

Explorer
Bewildered by Sir Exsixten's nonsense, Jax asks "What you say?!"

Jax picks up the crown and somehow manages to resist putting it on. He instead stashes it in his seemingly bottomless haversack. Then, finally picking up on Sir Exsixten's lead, he walks over to treasure chamber and starts taking his share of the loot.

[sblock=updated stat block]PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold, 11 Rogue / Daggermaster
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 21
AC:25, Fort:21, Reflex:25, Will:18, Resist 5 cold, 5 necrotic, Speed:6, 7 while not bloodied
HP:79/79, Bloodied:39, Surge Value:19, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +10
Action Points: 1 (encounter)

Conditions

Powers
MBA: +18 vs AC, 1d4+12; or with CA, +21 vs AC, 1d4+14 + 3d8+4 (1/turn)
RBA: +19 vs AC, 1d4+11; or with CA, +22 vs AC, 1d4+13 + 3d8+4 (1/turn)
Frost Dagger, Piercing Strike, Riposte Strike, Shifty
Combat Tumbleset, Critical Opportunity, Imperiling Strike, Low Slash, Perfect Feint, Running Slash, Second Wind, Sly Lunge, Sneak in the Attack
Bloodbath, Frost Dagger, Knockout, Press the Advantage, Rat Form, Raven Cloak

Combat notes: +2 damage with CA; +2 damage with cold; 18-20 crit range; on crit, make MBA with offhand (+16 vs AC, 1d4+10)
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn is too relieved at the end of hostilities to worry too much about what Sir Exsixten might actually be trying to say. He pokes cautiously at the hag with his foot. Such a small creature, he thinks, and yet so terrible...

[sblock=New-Improved Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer/Demonskin Adept 11

Immediate Reactions: off
Current Effects: resist 10 acid, ignore 10 acid resistance

Passive Perception 14, Passive Insight 14
AC 25, Fort 21, Reflex 21, Will 24 (base defenses)
HP +5TMP 83/83 Bloodied 41 Surge Value 20, Surges 7/7
Speed 7, Initiative +13
Action Points: 1

Notes
Daily Wild Soul: acid
Dorn uses the first d20 attack without mods for his Wild Magic boon
Dorn scores a crit on 19 or 20

Encounter Resources
Demon-Soul Bolts
Bedeviling Burst
Ice Dragon's Teeth
Spark Form
Furious Assault
Variable Resistance
Narrow Escape
Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Chromatic Orb
Moon and the Stars
Winds of Change
Deep Shroud
Chaotic Defense
Gambit Armor Power
Luckblade Dagger
Diamond Cincture

2x potion of healing
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
The party makes there way down the stairs and back to where they left the women. She quickly gets up from the ground upon seeing the party, visibly scared, but relaxes when she recognizes them. I heard a terrible scream not too long ago. she says. It echoed all around me...I feared something terrible has happened. Is everything alright? she asks.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
ORGANIC CREATURES UNDERGO A CONSTANT AND <GENERALLY> IRREVERSIBLE PROCESS OF DECAY THAT EVENTUALLY LEAVES THEIR BODY TOO WEAK TO MAINTAIN BODILY PROCESSES OR ERODES ITS ABILITY TO RESIST INFECTION, PLAGUE, DISEASE UNTIL IT EVENTUALLY SUCCUMBS.

IT IS ALSO POSSIBLE FOR CREATURES WITH APPRECIABLE INTELLECTS TO ACHIEVE MENTAL STATES WHERE THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THEIR BODY IS IRRELEVANT - EXISTENTIAL DESPAIR, BOTTOMLESS DEPRESSION, A THOUSAND VARIETIES OF MADNESS!

ADD IN THE NECESSITY TO CONSTANTLY LABOR TO PRODUCE THE MEANS TO MAINTAIN THE BODY'S FUEL SOURCES, WEATHER PLATING, AND COOLANT AND FURNACE SYSTEMS VIA OFTEN ARBITRARY TIME/WEALTH EXCHANGE RATES... BEING AN ORGANIC IS A DECADES-LONG EXERCISE IN LOSS, SUFFERING, AND INESCAPABLE DEATH - IF YOU'RE LUCKY!

He pauses for a moment.

OTHERWISE, EVERYTHING IS FINE.

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire fussily prods at his new armor, settling a few chain links in place. He scowls. "Well, I was fine..." he mutters, before addressing the woman. "There was a fight. We won. 'Twas a little closer than I'd be likin', but, eh. We'd lose our edge if they was all easy, hey?"

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
did you find that terrible women? she asks. the one that looked a lot like me? Are we still in danger or is it safe?

Sir Exsixten nods sagely.

SHE WAS FOUND, THOUGH HER RESEMBLANCE TO YOU ENDED RATHER SOONER THAN EXPECTED. AS FOR DANGER: DANGER LURKS AROUND EVERY CORNER - CAREFUL NOT TO STEP IN ANY. SIR EXSIXTEN HEARD THAT FROM SOME WISE MAN LONG, LONG AGO - PERHAPS THE WISEST MAN SIR EXSIXTEN HAS EVER KNOWN!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads