(Adventure) A Tidy Profit... [Judge: Uriel]

The Goblin King

First Post
Zhang ponders. He then says, "This is the way I see it. Scenario one: they are telling the truth. I feel obligated to help them clear thier names. Scenario two: they are lying and up to no good. I feel I am obligated to stop them." He glances at the two humans, "No offense intended."

silentspace

First Post
OOC: well said, Orsal!

Scorpio said:
D'Artagnon stands up.
"Hey, Atella, you say can work a lock? Listen, guys, get on board here and I'll explain why Gurian and I are here...and why there may be a good reason for all of us to join up."
He coils his whip and waits an answer.

Atella narrows his eyes. "We've been down this path before. I, for one, see no reason to help you at all. I'm not about to board the boat until your friend puts his weapon away too. And I'm not going to do a single thing for you until you explain yourselves."

Last edited:

Scorpio

First Post
D'Artagnon looks a little darkly at Atella.
"Well, I don't see that the term "explain ourselves" is an appropriate one. I need not "explain" myself to you or anyone else, for that matter. Now if you would care to lift the hostile edge off your aura, I'll tell you this.

Gurian, myself, and another were framed for a beating, which turned out to be a murder, of an old guy who owned this boat. One of the last things he said to us, as he was seeking help from the thugs that beat him, was that something was hidden on this boat, and the thugs wanted it.He passed before our eyes,and they searched his dead body for something, and then hung the beating death on us, at the time mere strangers that had met in the tavern. Call it curiosity, or adventurousness, but Gurian and I have come to follow up on his cryptic message. Then along you three come.

And that is where we stand, we are neither criminals, hoodlums, rogues, or a danger to you. So make of that what you may, leave if you wish, think what you want, but there is no need to be hostile, or feel intimidated."

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Jo was now feeling a little uncomfortable about the situation. Atella was doing most of the talking for them, since he seemed a lot more decisive. This elf has good judgement, he thought to himself, and a healthy sense of caution, but lacking in interpersonal skills. Atella had made the same impression on the humans as D'Artagnon has made on us, and that's not good. Let's see if I can try to smooth things over.

"Fair enough," he replied. "You have your business to attend to. We have ours, and it isn't keeping us here. I wish you the best of luck." If Atella's earlier premonition was right, he thinks, if we run into danger, we may want to run back to these other people for help, so we don't want to leave them with ill will. Especially since Haisi seems a little uncomfortable too.

He turns to Atella. "Shall we go then?"

silentspace

First Post
"Yes Jo, let's go. Thank you, D'Artagnan, for finally explaining yourself, but as Jo said, it doesn't concern us. Farewell and best of luck."

I tried to be as diplmatic as possible given the circumstances, but now they think I'm as hostile and suspicious to them as they are of us! We delivered a message for them. Then they said they were wanted, and talked about running us off! I should've taken that hint, but instead I was curious, since they said they didn't commit the crime they were wanted for. If I didn't ask them what this was about, we would have left a while ago. Then they started making the decisions for us, telling us to search, or keep a lookout, or pick locks, telling us that they'll explain themselves later, all the while holding their weapons in their hands.

They've had several opportunities to earn our trust. They could have spoken to us respectfully instead of talking about running us off or commanding us to do this or that. Or they could have been civil and explained their situation and what it is they want from us when we asked. Or they could have lowered their weapons when we asked. They've done none of that.

Clearly, it's time to go. A wiser person would've left a long time ago.

Scorpio

First Post
[OOC-Hey guys, is D'Artagnon's character out of line? I mean we lose spontaneity and physical expression in a game like this, but I did'nt mean to play an :):):):):):):) and run you off...:(
I was just playing your usual self-centered cocky CG Mercenary type....sorry if I did...
-Scorpio

silentspace

First Post
Scorpio said:
[OOC-Hey guys, is D'Artagnon's character out of line? I mean we lose spontaneity and physical expression in a game like this, but I did'nt mean to play an :):):):):):):) and run you off...:(
I was just playing your usual self-centered cocky CG Mercenary type....sorry if I did...
-Scorpio

OOC I'm not upset with you, and I'm pretty sure Orsal isn't either! I think we're both trying to roleplay realistically here. Besides, as Jo said, we might be running back to you for help in a few minutes :D

orsal

LEW Judge
silentspace said:
OOC I'm not upset with you, and I'm pretty sure Orsal isn't either! I think we're both trying to roleplay realistically here. Besides, as Jo said, we might be running back to you for help in a few minutes :D

(OOC: Agreed. Although Jo never said we might be running back soon... he only thought it.)

Remove ads