(Adventure) A Tidy Profit... [Judge: Uriel]

Jack Haggerty

First Post
silentspace said:
OOC: I thought Captain Word heard D'Artagnan behind him, but looking back I see he did not. Did you edit that, or am I losing my mind? :p

OOC: Nope. I never specified who he heard or saw... And you never looked. I'm afraid you made a bad assumption. :eek:

silentspace

First Post
Jack Haggerty said:
Captain Word glances once over Jo's shoulder, and Jo can hear faint movement behind him.

OOC: Atella can assume someone followed them from Word's glance, no? If not, then please disregard that bit about someone behind them being able to help.

The Goblin King

First Post
Jack Haggerty said:
OOC: By the way... Is anyone back at the boat doing anything in the meantime?

OOC: Hiding and watching for anyone else who might come by. I assume Zhangsun saw D'Artagnan sneak off but the others are too far away for him to make out what is going on from the ship.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
silentspace said:
OOC: Atella can assume someone followed them from Word's glance, no? If not, then please disregard that bit about someone behind them being able to help.

OOC: Yes, you can assume that, though you don't know who might be back there. Nevertheless, he's asked the question anyway.

Atella stands there, wondering just exactly what the Captain means, when Haisi gives out a screech of warning. But too late...

Dulled blows hammer down upon Atella's and Jo's heads from behind. Their vision uncontrollably shrinks away to the utter darkness of unconsciousness. As they slump to the ground, they hear someone mutter, "...know too much..."

~~~

Back at the boat, Zhang can see little of what is taking place in the alley. A few minutes later, he finds his new companion, D'Artagnon sneaking back to the boat. At the same time he seees the swordsman, a shriek rings out from Jo's eagle, which can be seen taking flight from the alley.

Quiet returns again to the docks, only to be broken a moment later by a pair of loud splashes. The goblin preist can just make out the druid's eagle circling low over the harbor water not far from the dockside. The bird lets out a racket of desperate-sounding cries.

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Jack Haggerty said:
Dulled blows hammer down upon Atella's and Jo's heads from behind. Their vision uncontrollably shrinks away to the utter darkness of unconsciousness. As they slump to the ground, they hear someone mutter, "...know too much..."

~~~

Back at the boat, Zhang can see little of what is taking place in the alley. A few minutes later, he finds his new companion, D'Artagnon sneaking back to the boat. At the same time he seees the swordsman, a shriek rings out from Jo's eagle, which can be seen taking flight from the alley.

Quiet returns again to the docks, only to be broken a moment later by a pair of loud splashes. The goblin preist can just make out the druid's eagle circling low over the harbor water not far from the dockside. The bird lets out a racket of desperate-sounding cries.

OOC: You mean Haisi saw Jo getting attacked, but didn't use his talons? Some faithful animal companion! ;)

Jack Haggerty

First Post
orsal said:
OOC: You mean Haisi saw Jo getting attacked, but didn't use his talons? Some faithful animal companion! ;)

OOC: He might have, but you're kocked out. Would you rather he abandon your unconscious and drowning body to pursue useless vengeance, when there's still a possibility you might be saved?

Scorpio

First Post
D'Artagnon freezes, then turns around towards the scene. He draws his rapier, and and begins rapidly walking back up the dock towards the fallen, in full view.
OOC-Can I see the Captain?

orsal

LEW Judge
Jack Haggerty said:
OOC: He might have, but you're kocked out. Would you rather he abandon your unconscious and drowning body to pursue useless vengeance, when there's still a possibility you might be saved?

OOC: You mean by the time an eagle had a chance to divebomb the thug(s), it would already have been apparent that Jo was dead? OK then...

Anyway, if Haisi has a plan, he's a wiser eagle than I, so I will not question his motivations.

IC: glug glug glug :(

The Goblin King

First Post
Scorpio said:
D'Artagnon freezes, then turns around towards the scene. He draws his rapier, and and begins rapidly walking back up the dock towards the fallen, in full view.
OOC-Can I see the Captain?

Zhang runs trying to keep up with his longer legged companion.

Remove ads