• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) A Tidy Profit... [Judge: Uriel]

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Scorpio said:
[OOC-Gawd this thing is taking it's sweet time- and EnWorld doesn't notify me timely...:(]

OOC: I would suggest not relying on the email notification... I always make a quick check of the forums at least once a day. Even if there are no new posts and even if I don't post anything, I at least take a look.

He pockets the coins in a small belt purse and leads you down the docks along a long stone jetty. He leads you past two wide-bellied merchant men sitting high in the water, having just unloaded their cargoes. Down to the very end of the peir he points, where a small, low boat that looks like it had once been used for fishing is tied to the pier, floating just below the edge of the dock.

OOC: And don't forget to adjust your character sheets to reflect the exchange of money.

Last edited:

Scorpio

First Post
OOC-You're right...:(

D'Artagnon turns to the man.
"We do appreciate it. Please, we'll not keep you any longer, your supper is getting cold! Our apologies!"

Jack Haggerty

First Post
The harbormaster shrugs, and heads back toward his shack, leaving you alone on the docks. The sun has long since set, and the twilight is fading from the sky. The brighter stars are beginning to show themselves.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
The ship is a small, clinker-built cog with a lanteen sail, measuring not more than fortyor fifty feet long from stem to stern. It is quite similar to the type of ship usually used as fishing boats in the area. It's old and worn, but well cared for and in apparently good condition. The flat main deck is well scrubbed and a wide cargo hatch lies closed amidships. At opposite sides of the ship, two sets of steep stairs lead to the poop deck above the aft quarter of the ship, atop which the tiller rests. The main deck beneath the poop has been walled off as a low cabin into which two doors lead. A third pair of stairs leads below through a hatch into the hold beneath the deck.

There are no lights aboard ship, but from the faint illumination of lanterns on the pier, furled sails, coiled ropes, several oars, a barrel and an anchor can be seen stowed away on deck.

Scorpio

First Post
[OOC- How many of us are there here? 2?LOL...]

"Alright, one stay above and the rest check out below, who wants the watch?"
D'Artagnon uncoils his whip, listening and looking around the ship and immediate dock area.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
OOC: Unless I'm wrong, it's you, Gurian and Kristoff.

D'Artagnon hears naught but the lapping of the waves, the creaking of timbers, and the occasional cry of a sea gull.

Other than him and his comrades, there appears to be no one else within sight... Though visibility is admittedly worsening with the setting of the sun.

neoweasel

First Post
Scorpio said:
[OOC- How many of us are there here? 2?LOL...]

"Alright, one stay above and the rest check out below, who wants the watch?"
Gurian says, "I'd prefer to go below," as he draws his sword, "unfortunately, my guisarme will be unuseable down there."

Scorpio

First Post
"Alright, Kristoff, if you would stay up here by the hatch, we'll look around real quick."
D'Artagnon checks that the hatch is no locked, and attempts to go below.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Judge Interjection: If you folks have lost some people, there are several characters in the Red dragon who would love to get into a game.

Remove ads