Planescape Adventure Atlas: The Mortuary, on DnDBeyond and a WotC video.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Note that Glory and Phandelver are both selling worse than Tiamat and Sword Coast Adventurers Guide. I think the back to back releases hurt these books. I think it points to a higher release rate hurting sales of many books.
the new Phandelver book? It might also be that it isn't all that good......IMO, of course. And I love aberrations and the Far Realm.

Note that Glory and Phandelver are both selling worse than Tiamat and Sword Coast Adventurers Guide. I think the back to back releases hurt these books. I think it points to a higher release rate hurting sales of many books.
As @Parmandur and I were discussing the other day, “five books a year” feels fine if maybe even a little anemic, but “one book in March and all the rest in the fall” hits quite a bit differently.

I imagine the proverbial "edition wrap-up" doldrums with regards to the '24 rules update might also be coming into play - regardless of one's position on whether it's a new edition or not, should be or not, etc., I suspect a decent subset of people more or less checked out once they heard "New Ruleset comes out in 2024" and have been paying less attention than they otherwise might to everything in the release schedule before then.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
This isn't cut content, this is the second micro transaction after Monster Compendium: Eldraine.
Did everyone collectively forget the existence of the Tortle Package? Or the Laboratory of Kwalish?

These kind of "microtransactions" aren't new to 5e. Or to D&D. Dragon and Dungeon Magazines were around for a long time, and a lot of people on this site seem pretty fond of them.

Remove ads