D&D General Adventure Begins D&D introductory boardgame

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
I really like that. I ask basically those same kinds of questions to my players, for (it sounds like) the same reasons. It's good to hear an official product, of any type, encouraging the same approach.
Is this a new concept that WotC wanted to try (and then subsequently tanked by not promoting it), or is it just for newbs and kids, given that it might be more prominent in this product than the full-fledged game?

Like Ath-kethin, I've been asking players to describe their actions for a long time. It's so much better than "which action do you take? Okay, roll."

Edit: I just noticed the "1-10 nothing happens" entries. So no, there's nothing radical going on here.

Last edited:

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
The art for the game is, as per usual with WotC's D&D branch, just straight up mediocre. I don't understand how Magic can have so much beautiful art but for almost every D&D product they get the same low to middling quality art for it. Where's all the money for these books going?

I thought that art was good for a family game. I would not have wanted magic-style art, but I would have liked a more high-contrast, cartoonish style art, like Dungeon Mayhem. I found that some of the cards were difficult to make out from accross the table (note that the encounter cards have an art side to be displayed to the other players, which there is a DM side for the player currently acting as DM). Might just be my aging eyes.

Remove ads