[Adventure]: Bosch's Revenge (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Rocco continues his deadly dance, dragon ignoring him at his own peril.

Although the attack misses this time, the threat of the spinning dwarf remains.

[sblock=Actions]
TOTAL DAMAGE: 32

Interrupt: Combat Challenge Interrupt vs Bosch AC; damage (1d20+20+2+3=42, 1d8.minroll(2)+14+4+3=27)
Extra dmg (1d6=5)
Free: shift left 1

Standard: Brash Strike vs Bosch AC; damage (1d20+20+2+2=27, 1d8.minroll(2)+15+4=27) - MISS, MARK, Rocco grants CA to Bosch

Move: shift right 1 :) gain +3 AC & Ref TENT
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
NOBODY HURTS MY DRAGON! Sharpe screams, stabbing his sword into Bosh.

Attack there! he says pointing to the hole in the scales made by the sword. Slay the dragon slayer! Save the princess! Rescue mankind from destruction!

Pet puppies!!!

[sblock=actions]
Guiding Strike, 35 vs AC 9 damage!!!! -2 to AC EONT.

Dragon save failed

Sharp save failed
[/sblock]
[sblock=Moment of Escape]
Moment of Escape. (Encounter Move Ranged 10; Arcane)
Target:
One ally
Effect: Sharpe slides the target 4 squares.[/sblock]
[sblock=Sharpe (updated sats)]
Sharpe Wellington- Male Half-Elf Bard 6
Init: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 16
AC 21 Fortitude 17 Reflex 15 Will 19, Spd: 5
HP 55/61 (5 ongoing save ends)
Bloodied 30 Surge Value 15; Surges Per-Day 10/11
AP: 0, Milestones:0

Basic Attacks:
Basic Attack +8 vs AC, Longsword, 1d8+2 damage
Ranged Basic Attack N/A

Powers:
Staggering Note, Guiding Strike, Martyr's Saddle
Majestic Word X1, Shout of Triumph, Knack for Success, Words of Friendship, Thunder's Calling, Second Wind, Shield of Devotion, Moment of Escape, Noxious Breath (Dragon), Revitalizing Incantation, Unluck
Stirring Shout, Inspiring Fortitude (AKA Invigorating Presence), Song of Discord, Come and Become Sharpe's Pet! (Ring of Dragon's power 1 ), Dragon I Choose You! (Ring of Dragon's power 2 ), Armor of the Exalted +1

Misc: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Conditions:
Nil

Note:

Virtue of Valor: Once per round, when an ally within 5 squares bloodies or reduces to 0 hp an enemy, you can grant the ally 5 THP as a free action.

Priority:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Gromit The Pact Dragon]
Adult Pact Dragon Level 13 Skirmisher
Large immortal magical beast (dragon, mount)
HP 128/134; Bloodied 67 (5 ongoing save ends)
AC 27; Fortitude 26; Reflex 25; Will 25
Speed 7, fly 10 (hover), overland flight 14
Resist 10 fire, 10 psychic
Initiative +13
Perception +15
Darkvision

Traits
Skirmish +2d6
If, on its turn, the pact dragon ends its move at least 4 squares away from its starting point, it deals 2d6 extra damage with its melee attacks until the start of its next turn.

Standard Actions
m Bite • At-Will
Attack: Reach 2; +18 vs. AC
Hit: 2d6 + 7 damage.

C Breath Weapon (fire) • Recharge 5 6
Attack: Close blast 5; +15 vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d12 + 12 fire damage, and the target takes ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).

Minor Actions
Astral Jaunt (mount) • Recharge 6
Effect: The pact dragon disappears into the Astral Sea, teleporting 10 squares. Its rider teleports with it.

Triggered Actions
M Bloodied Breath (fire) • Encounter
Trigger: When first bloodied.
Effect (Free): The dragon’s breath weapon recharges, and the dragon uses it immediately.
Other Powers

M Aggressive Charger (mount) • At-Will
Requirements: While mounted by a friendly rider of 13th level or higher.
Effect: When it charges, the pact dragon makes a bite attack in addition to its rider’s charge attack.

Pledged Rider (mount) • At-Will
Action: While mounted by a friendly rider of 13th level or higher.
Effect: Any damage dealt to the pact dragon can be redirected to the rider, and vice versa.

Skills Endurance +17, Insight +15
Str 24 (+13) Dex 20 (+11) Wis 18 (+10)
Con 22 (+12) Int 15 (+8) Cha 16 (+9)
Alignment evil Languages Deep Speech, Draconic, telepathy 20
Monster found in Draconomicon 1 and Compendium0)Alignment Evil Languages —
[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
Sensing that Bosch nears death, Skalisss prays to Netari for Strength and continues to press the attack.

[SBLOCK=Actions]
Skalisss gets a flanking bonus to hit and +5 to damage from Wrath of the Gods (untyped).

Standard Action: Divine Reverence close burst 1 (enemies only) so effects Bosch
+15 attack vs WILL.
1d10+15=21, 1d8+14=22
MISS

SUMMARY: No damage to Bosch this turn.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Skalisss' Stat Block]
Skalisss- Male Dragonborn Paladin Gray Guard (Natural Humanoid) 11 CharacterSheet
Initiative: +9 Senses: Normal P-Perception: 17 P-Insight: 22
HP: 87+14temp/98 SurgeValue: 25 Surges: 10/11
AC:27 Fort:24 Reflex:20 Will:23 Resist 1 ALL

Action Points: used Second Wind: not used Resist: none Speed:5 Conditions: +5 damage BasicAttack: - "Inescapable Longsword", +17 to Hit vs AC, 1d8+12 damage BasicRangedAttack: - Javelin, +13 to Hit vs AC, 1d6+7 damage, range 10/20

Gray Guard Action: when you spend an AP to take an extra action shift 3 squares (Free) and gain +2 to attacks until start of next turn.
Gray Guard Vigilance: Trained in Streetwise and Preception. Enemies marked by you cannot benefit from concealment or total concealment against your attacks.

[SBLOCK=Powers]
Valiant Strike
Bolstering Strike
Divine Challenge
Piercing Smite USED
Righteous Smite USED
Divine Reverence USED
Debilitating Smite USED
Dragon Breath
Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle USED
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength
USED
Winter's Arrival
Item: Strikeback guantlets - when hit make a melee basic against the attacker
Feat: Persistent Challenge - if you fail to engage the target of your Divine Challenge on your turn, you can maintain that Divine Challenge as if you had engaged the target.
Lay on Hands x2
Healing Word
Paladin's Judgement USED
Sacred Circle
Martyr's Retribution USED
Wrath of the Gods USED
Crown of Glory
Item: Healing Surge from Dwarven Plate Armor
[/SBLOCK]

PC:Skalisss (jryoung) - L4W Wiki
[/SBLOCK]

Walking Dad

First Post
Vimak Stonecarver, Goliath Runepriest 12

Battle Wrath
Vimak deals 4 extra damage to enemies who hit him in the previous round (none).

RUNESTATE: DESTRUCTION
- allies gain +1 to attacks vs enemies adjacent to Vimak (none)

Area attacks that also hit Bosch don't affect Vimak & allies

Vimak attacks, but also misses the dragon again.

[sblock=ooc]
Standard:Word of Diminishment Destruction (1d20+15=16, 1d10+11=14)
[sblock=Mini stat block]
Vimak Stonecarver
Perception: 18 Insight: 23 Normal Vision
AC 27 Fortitude 24 Reflex 22 Will 24
Initiative: +8
Hit Points: 75 / 85 Bloodied: 42
Temporary Hit Points: 14
Resist: -
Saving Throw:
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 21 Surges per day: 7 / 11
At-Will Powers: Word of Diminishment, Word of Binding
Encounter Powers: Rune of Mending 2/2, Stone’s Endurance, Wrathful Warrior, Stone Panoply, Walk it Off, Flames of Purity, Symbol of Wrath Reversed, Word of Befuddlement, Protective Scroll, Mountain Sweep, Summit Advantage
Daily Powers: Rune of Endless Fire, Shield of Sacrifice, Cage of Light, Rune of Shielding, Dread Halberd, Protective Runes 3/3

Condition: Rune of Endless Fire Effects, DR 5, +5 AC

The two marks are temporary.
Mark number 1 is a rune of destruction enhancer: +2 bonus added to benefit of rune of destruction power used in an attack
Mark number 2 is a rune of protection enhancer: +2 bonus added to benefit of rune of protection power used in an action.
[sblock=Non active]
WoD (Destruction)
S's dragon gains vulnerability all 2 (but 5 vs OAs) until next round

RUNESTATE: DESTRUCTION
- allies gain +1 to attacks vs enemies adjacent to Vimak (none)

Rune of Mending (Destruction):
Vimak and all allies in 5 sqs get a +2 bonus on damage

Runestate (Protection)
adjacent allies have resist all 2

[/sblock]
[/sblock][/sblock]

Neurotic

[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION]
OOC: unless you have some deus ex machina for this dragon, can you just assume we killed it and go directly go grand finale? I mean, as-is, there is no way he can do enough damage to drop even one of us, not with Rocco harrying him and our healers nearly at full complement of healing powers.

dimsdale

First Post
@dimsdale
OOC: unless you have some deus ex machina for this dragon, can you just assume we killed it and go directly go grand finale? I mean, as-is, there is no way he can do enough damage to drop even one of us, not with Rocco harrying him and our healers nearly at full complement of healing powers.

GM: I was kind of thinking of the same thing.

After a few more exchanges the mighty beast falls. An erie silence surrounds the party. Corrosive acid plume escapes from the dragon's mouth on its final breath. The threat is now over. The party gathers their equipment and rest briefly. While resting the party notices a wisp of dust begin to swirl in front of the the front right arm of the dragon. It slowly begins to grow, then solidify, forming in the shape of a human-like figure dressed in full plate. It's head moves slowly to the right and left, observing the party. Greetings heros...I am Braccus, the last guardian of the shield. Many years have past since my death. Your task is now complete. Not waiting for a reply the guardian turns to the dragonborn You now take over the roll as the guardian of the shield. One day, many years past your lifetime you'll be summoned as I have been now to do as I have done. I wish you well...dragonslayers.. As the ghostly form begins to crumble into dusts, the members of the party feel a tingling sensation cover their entire bodies. The marks left by the orbs which created the shield begin to glow brightly. As the ghost of the former guardian disappears into dust, the tingling sensation does as well. The rings disappear as well, but they leave a strange mark on finger from once the were placed.

[sblock= rings]
Vimak, Rocco, Skalisss, and Nementah: use receive a tattoo from level 5 up to level 12 of your choice. This will be a power that was left over as a result from being a ring bearer. All temp powers are now gone. Please let me know what ring you choose. I'm giving you a wide variety of level of ring as to give you more choices for a power you wish to have. (no ring for
Sharpe :( He does have a large dragon though)
[/sblock]

As you marvel at what just happened you become aware of a cave entrance with flickering torch light emitting from it. As you move towards the entrance you notice that a battle recently took place here. As you inspect the body of another slain black dragon you don't see anything of value. However, the dwarf notices a false wall nearby. Rocco gives the wall a stiff kick with his boot causing the wall to crumble. Behind the newly created rubble lies a pile of treasure: gold, gems and various weapons and armor as well as other magic items. :) How all of this got there you have no idea, but you assume that this is treasure that was looted by the evil dragon, possibly as a tribute to the larger dragon.

GM: This ends 2 years of the Bosch campaign. I feel bad that I fizzled out at the end. Thank you for participating in the adventure and good luck to all of your character's adventuring from here on out.

Treasure: Pleas choose an n+3 item for yourself. Let me know what it is so that I can put it in the final treasure and XP (time and monster) document.

Neurotic

Great work, dims, thank you!

I'll rename Rocco as Wallcrusher, I think this is third wall being collapsed by his falls, kicks or crazy charges :p

What happens if we already have a tattoo (Rocco has backlash tattoo)?

Remove ads