• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: Bosch's Revenge (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], sorry about that, Sigarr is out of range of Guardian Counter...let's just say Rocco hit AH1 with original counter attack so you don't have to retcon anything except Skaliss damage...the rest remains the same.

So summary: AH1 takes 20 damage and is marked, Leader regains 20 damage and is NOT marked (map updated), G1 killed, G3 hit for 18, Skaliss doesn't get hit for 9 and has all 5 temp hp intact at the moment.

dimsdale

First Post
[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], sorry about that, Sigarr is out of range of Guardian Counter...let's just say Rocco hit AH1 with original counter attack so you don't have to retcon anything except Skaliss damage...the rest remains the same.

So summary: AH1 takes 20 damage and is marked, Leader regains 20 damage and is NOT marked (map updated), G1 killed, G3 hit for 18, Skaliss doesn't get hit for 9 and has all 5 temp hp intact at the moment.

GM: I'm almost done updating. I'll be finished by tomorrow. When I finish updating, everyone else can attack.

JRYoung

First Post
Skalisss deflects the attack of one of the Dragonborn gruards with his shield and counters with a blow to the head.

[SBLOCK=Actions]
Minor Action: Divine Challenge on G3.

Standard Action: Debilitating Smite on G3.

SUMMARY: G3 is hit for 15 points of damage and is DAZED and SLOWED TENT.
if G3 makes an attack before before the end of Skalisss' next turn then then it is DAZED until the end of its next turn![/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Skalisss' Stat Block]
Skalisss- Male Dragonborn Paladin Gray Guard(Natural Humanoid) 11 CharacterSheet
Initiative: +9 Senses: Normal P-Perception: 17 P-Insight: 22
HP: 88+5 temp/98 SurgeValue: 25 Surges: 10/11
AC:27 Fort:24 Reflex:20 Will:23 Resist 1 ALL

Action Points: not used Second Wind: not used Resist: none Speed:5 Conditions: none BasicAttack: - "Inescapable Longsword", +17 to Hit vs AC, 1d8+12 damage BasicRangedAttack: - Javelin, +13 to Hit vs AC, 1d6+7 damage, range 10/20

Gray Guard Action: when you spend an AP to take an extra action shift 3 squares (Free) and gain +2 to attacks until start of next turn.
Gray Guard Vigilance: Trained in Streetwise and Preception. Enemies marked by you cannot benefit from concealment or total concealment against your attacks.

[SBLOCK=Powers]
Valiant Strike
Bolstering Strike
Divine Challenge
Piercing Smite USED
Righteous Smite
Divine Reverence USED
Debilitating Smite
Dragon Breath USED
Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength
USED
Winter's Arrival
Item: Strikeback guantlets - when hit make a melee basic against the attacker
Feat: Persistent Challenge - if you fail to engage the target of your Divine Challenge on your turn, you can maintain that Divine Challenge as if you had engaged the target.
Lay on Hands x2
Healing Word
Paladin's Judgement[/U]
Sacred Circle
Martyr's Retribution
Wrath of the Gods
Crown of Glory
Item: Healing Surge from Dwarven Plate Armor
[/SBLOCK]

PC:Skalisss (jryoung) - L4W Wiki
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

[MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION] , [MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION], [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], I'll go last to see if anyone needs protection or healing...if you end up next to Primera you may get healed some next turn (or may not :) )

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: Right, so I was delaying trying to decide what to do... daze the leader or multi-attack the guards... so I pick.... something controller-ish

Quan slips backwards a few steps, taking aim at the leader. The arrow again impacts heavily into his helmet, leaving his thoughts reeling.

[sblock=Actions]
Movement: Shift to N-16

Minor: Aspect of the Pack Wolf

Standard: Disruptive Shot vs. Leader: 1d20+19+1+1, 1d12+10+4+2 → ([14, 19, 1, 1], [11, 10, 4, 2]) Roll. 35 vs. AC for 27 damage and leader is dazed (save ends) and -2 to area and range attacks TENT.

[/sblock]

[sblock= Quan's Stats] Leopold "Quan" Thatcher- Male Human, Peerless Hunter 11
[sblock=Aspect of the Pack Wolf]
1. Quan does not provoke opportunity attacks when leaving squares adjacent to his allies.
2. When he makes a basic attack against an enemy adjacent to two or more of his allies, he gains a +1 power bonus to the attack roll. He gains a power bonus to the damage roll against the enemy equal to the number of allies adjacent to the enemy.
[/sblock]

Initiative: +11, Passive perception: 24, Passive Insight: 19

AC: 26, For: 21, Ref: 25, Will: 25

HP: 76/76, Bloodied: 38, Surge value: 19, Surges/day: 8/8

Speed: 6 squares, Languages: Allarian, Goblin

AP: 1

Second Wind: unused

[sblock=Orb of the Hunter]
1. Stealth checks: +4
2. Ranged attack Rolls: +1
3. Damage rolls: +4 to all damage
4. +1 AC (already accounted for above)
[/sblock]

Powers:
Aimed Shot
Clever Shot
Rapid Shot
Disruptive Shot 1, 2, 3, 4
Reactive Shift
Takedown Strike
Hunter's Thorn Trap
Assassin's Shroud 1 2
Healing Lore
Entangling Roots
Hero's Armor Daily

Effects:
+1 to defenses when bloodied
+3 damage to isolated targets
+1d6 damage against foes who haven't acted yet in battle
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: G2 is vulnerable until my next post. I would like to wait for my post until everyone possibly attacking G2 can benefit from the effect once.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: G2 is vulnerable until my next post. I would like to wait for my post until everyone possibly attacking G2 can benefit from the effect once.

OOC: Everyone can regardless of your posting. This is PbP, specifically Mal Malenkirk rules. Feel free to go.

dimsdale

First Post
GM: Everyone, if you don't mind, I'm going to speed things up a bit. This battle was suppose to soften you up before the final battle. In another month I'll have less time to post due to demands from my work. Soooo...let's begin the final...long awaited battle.

I'll grant xp for those whom you killed...I'll also through in the leader as well as he was close to death.

As the battle rages on you notice a white dragon fly closes over your head. The dragon has a rider, one familiar to all of you as you have seen him recently in the tavern...none other than the infamous bard named Sharpe. It was he who started all of the chaos with the illusion hoax in the city, which as a result, killed many citizens.

He pays no attention to battle below as he flies over head. Just as he is about to disappear in the far side of the woods, Sharpe commands his dragon to stop, turn around towards you, and hover at 30 feet above the ground.

[sblock=perception check 20]
You can tell that something is not right about the bard. He usually shouts random chaotic verbal nonsense, but now he remains silent.

[sblock=If you succeeded with the perception check...arcane check 20]
The bard wears a helm, one that you recognize..a helm of domination
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

As soon as the bard and dragon take their position, the roar of a large beast can be heard from the path behind the dragon. The sound resonates throughout the area. The hounds and guards immediately stop their attacks and scatter, as they know the source of which the sound came. Another dragon then appears over the skying taking a position to the left of sharpe. This dragon is a little larger than the white dragon Sharpe rides, but it clear to you that the sound was not produced by it. As both dragons are now in position, another sound of heavy flapping wings can be heard along with the snapping of large tree branches. Within seconds an enormous black dragon appears over the tree line and flying over the heads of the two dragons, then landing with a thud onto the ground in front of the party. It's wings spread wide before settling in position behind its massive body. The dragon stares menacingly at the party before speaking.

You are the resistance that the city of Daunton has sent.

The dragon bellows a laugh.

Surely you have been told that your weapons and spells can't harm me. So be it. I will kill you now and then claim my sacrifice, only after destroying the city of Daunton.

With that the dragon prepares for battle. The other dragons on cue move closer as well. The amulet around the massive neck of the dragon now radiates a blazing red hue as if the powerful relic has been actiivated. The dragon chuckles loudly and then sighs

I believe I wil take my time in killing you as I am quite hungry. Perhaps I will start with flesh from the dwarf, then enjoy the meat from the that one
<eyes now focused on the frost giant>

GM: This is it folks...good luck...I'll even let you go first as the dragon obviously doesn't believe you are much of a threat

Map updated here

GM: It's the parties turn. [MENTION=45437]JRYoung[/MENTION] Remember...no damage is done to the dragon from spell or melee weapon until Skalisss has activated the shield (minor action for Skalisss)

I have not placed the stats for the Bosch and the other dragon yet. Go ahead and attack though. Assume that the states for the 'lesser dragon' are somewhere in the mid 20s and Bosch...well, his are going to be higher I'm afraid :)

Last edited:

Remove ads