[Adventure] Dive into Darkness (Judge: stonegod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Stay clear of it, ready your weapons! Elec-Squall jumps back and pulls both his wands. He gestures with one wand, Teleportation circle. waiting for a few moments before moving in to investigate further.

Cairn touches Stone on SE location

Filo readied his songblade and stood pensively nearby.

[sblock]OOC: Put Filo anywhere within 5 squares of the Circle.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]I put Cairn at the SE sensor and moved Elec-Squall adjacent to the circle, but otherwise kept positions from the last map.[/sblock]

Cairn presses the arcane word and the eye flashes with arcane light. Wind suddenly picks up in the room and the earthen guardian finds himself assaulted by sand and sharp bits of rock. Before his eyes, and elemental vortex comes into being.

--------------------------------------------

Initiative!

Round 1

22 - Cairn - @U12 - -2 penalty to all defenses
21 - Euphie - @N7
19 - Shardstorm Vortex - @U11
18 - Shannairra - @O5
14 - Stasi - @R4
12 - Filo - @O4
9 - Elec-squall - @P4

Remember, you don't have to take an attack action in combat.

Shardstorm Vortex: Sandstorm Aura 1 - each enemy within takes a -2 penalty to all defenses

[sblock=map]
DelveMain28.png
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cairn doesn't attack. He squints at the creature and steps back from the wall hemming the creature in. He then prepares for the worst.

"Erm, sorry guys!?" he calls to the group
"Good day to you?" he ventures toward the creature

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Shift to T11
Ready action: attack with Weight of Earth (+9; 1d10+5 and target slowed)
Free: mark on readied action - if this is not possible then he marks after shift (blocking it's way with halberd held horizontaly)
[/sblock]

elecgraystone

First Post
"That's not good. Must be one of the traps if you pick wrong." Euphie moves away from everyone and fires off a greenish looking orb on the creature by Cairn. However she fails to take the high winds into account and the orb is deflected into the wall causing it to burn.
[sblock=Actions]
Move Action: N7 to O12
Standard Action: Scouring Weapon

1d20+10=13, 2d12+5=20

Miss... I really, really hate IC :rant:
[/sblock]
[sblock=stat block]
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 19, Fort: 19, Reflex: 19, Will: 18 - Speed: 6
HP: 40/43, Bloodied: 21, Surge Value: 10, Surges left:5/9
Action Points: 0

Powers:
1/1 Second wind
1/1 Scouring Weapon
1/1 Repulsion Strike
1/1 Icebound Sigil
1/2 Healing Infusion/Restoritive Infusion
1/1 Shockweave Armor (encounter)
1/1 Shockweave Armor (daily)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

OOC: How about we delay and see what the creature has to say? If anything...there are people that speak giantish and primordial in the group so there shouldn't be problematic

elecgraystone

First Post
OCC: Ahhh... to Euphie a bad guy (your being assaulted by sand and sharp bits of rock counts as hostile to her) suddenly showing up = her attacking it. Plus elemental creatures aren't well know for being brilliant conversationalists.

Euphie suggests that in the future that the time for a delay is when you're thinking about pushing a strange button. Or at least warning everyone you're doing it. Euphie figures that this is a reaction to the first symbol being pushed and/or people getting close to the circle since she's be going to check out that cool new teleporting circle and not watching what you where doing. (I was in the middle of posting that when the DM posted this happening) She didn't understand what you meant by 'sorry guys'. ;)

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Cairn doesn't attack. He squints at the creature and steps back from the wall hemming the creature in. He then prepares for the worst.

"Erm, sorry guys!?" he calls to the group
"Good day to you?" he ventures toward the creature

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Shift to T11
Ready action: attack with Weight of Earth (+9; 1d10+5 and target slowed)
Free: mark on readied action - if this is not possible then he marks after shift (blocking it's way with halberd held horizontaly)
**You need to establish a trigger when you ready an attack. I will assume the enemy attacking you suffices. ;)

And yeah Ill allow the mark.**
[/sblock]

"That's not good. Must be one of the traps if you pick wrong." Euphie moves away from everyone and fires off a greenish looking orb on the creature by Cairn. However she fails to take the high winds into account and the orb is deflected into the wall causing it to burn.

[sblock=Actions]
Move Action: N7 to O12
Standard Action: Scouring Weapon

1d20+10=13, 2d12+5=20 **miss**

Miss... I really, really hate IC :rant:
[/sblock]

Without words, emotions or expression, the storm moves forward into Cairn, obviously intent on doing harm. Cairn repels the attack and does not hesitate to respond in kind.

[sblock=ooc]Storm attacks Cairn 12 vs Fort. Miss

Weight of Earth. 28 vs AC. Hit. 14 damage. Target Slowed TENT[/sblock]

--------------------------------------------

Initiative!

Round 1

21 - Euphie - @O12 - Acted
19 - Shardstorm Vortex - @U11 - 14 hp - Slowed TECNT - Acted
18 - Cairn - @T11 - -2 penalty to all defenses - Acted
18 - Shannairra - @O5
14 - Stasi - @R4
12 - Filo - @O4
9 - Elec-squall - @P4

Remember, you don't have to take an attack action in combat.

Shardstorm Vortex: Sandstorm Aura 1 - each enemy within takes a -2 penalty to all defenses

[sblock=map]
DelveMain29.png
[/sblock]

elecgraystone

First Post
OCC: I think that ScorpiusRisk's comment about 'you don't have to take an attack action in combat' was a hint that you could try to hit the correct button. At least that's my guess.

Neurotic

OOC: Cairn is childlike and not the brightest sun on the sky :) feel free to correct his mistake, hsi job is to hold the elemental in place...whether you petter it or correct the button...well, that's YOUR job :angel:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"Finally some real action, begin to wonder what you all hired me for."

Stasi rushes forward attacks the storm.

[sblock=Actions]
Stasi doesn't have to take an attack action, but it's what she does ya know.
Minor: Oath on Storm
Move: to U7
Std: Charge to U10: MBA (1d20+10=30, 1d12+5=16) CRIT 17 untyped +1d6=5 fire damage.

[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
Filo moved forward a bit and struck his scimitar on the ground. The blade seemed to resonate like a tuning fork and its hum was felt in Cairn's stony body, invigorating him.
"Oh dear! What do we have here? An elemental with an identity crisis?" Despite lacing his barb with harmful magicks, Filo's words seemed to fall upon deaf ears and the Stormshard was unaffected.

[sblock=ooc]Move: Walk to O-7
Minor: Activate Harmonic Songblade to give Cairn a +2 Power Bonus on all Defenses and Attack Rolls until the start of my next turn.
Standard: Vicious Mockery vs Stormshard (1d20+7=12, 1d6+5=7) Missing.

[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads