[Adventure] Dive into Darkness (Judge: stonegod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Wow, I don't believe we all missed the fact that those are abc questions instead of continue the sequence. And I tried to find a pattern :( wasted effort

[sblock=Facts - maybe somebody can make something of it]
I'd say the answers are: Thelanis, Shadow, Stone, Unicorn

Cockatrice - Sivis, Gnome, Mark of Scribing
Gorgon - Cannith, Human, Mark of Making
Unicorn - Orien, Human, Mark of Passage

Eldritch Giant, fey
Frost and Stone, elementals

Keeper - Death, Decay and Evil
Mockery - Destruction, Evil, Trickery and War
Shadow - Chaos, Evil, Magic and Shadow
[/sblock]

Arcana; History; Religion (1d20+1=12, 1d20+1=10, 1d20+1=3)
Nature; Streetwise (1d20+8=25, 1d20+2=10)

After making his round and marking four squares, Cairn speaks:
"So, I know the following:
These three are types of powerful giants. Frost Giants are elementals known to seek out only the coldest climates. Stone giants prefer hills and mountains but can occasional be found making large underground fortifications. I'd say Stone is the answer here.

I don't know much about the houses. All three creatures represent magical creatures who appear throughout Khorvaire.

The marked squares are different. They may trigger the traps or they may be trap doors. I'd say they just trigger the messages."
(P5, U5, P10 and U10) - he walks on and off south western square (P10) and observes the message

His voice stops for a moment and mist comes out of his mouth and neck and his voice sounds almost human with much less grating then usual.
"Many traps and protection wards use divine magic. Illusion and shadow magic can be employed to disguise the locations of certain paths and rooms."
he then shakes his head and the mist dissipates.
"I thought you can only do that in Mournland."
he then turns to Euphie
"It seems your sword magic didn't steal the mist, only pulled it forward."

Last edited:

elecgraystone

First Post
Euphie frowns as she thinks. "Well I can tell you have to push the answer you want..." Euphie points to the NW one. "That one I kind of understand. If we assume a giant theme, I's say it's Thelanis. A race of giant, cyclopses, come from there and mystical feylines could be what they mean by connect the lands."

Euphie then points to the NE and shugs. "No idea."

Euphie points to the SW. "They are all dragonmarked houses. Past that, don't know."

Lastly, euphie points to the SE. "All three of those are kinds of giants. Eldritch giants have an ability to tap magic. That might be what it means."

Euphie looks at Cairn after his comment. "Mournland?... Oh, you mean Cyre don't you. Sorry, I missed the whole war thing so i don't know much about it." She looks at her sword and says. "It only draws out a bit of vitality and allows me to use that to heal peoples wounds. Most people don't even notice."

Neurotic

OOC: To bend the stream - Stone. Stone in the middle of the stream bends it. No need for abstractions :) - at least I think so. For Thelanis, I thought the same, they are fey and elemental creatures...as for the houses, somebody with good history should roll to know which existed at the time of giants (if any)...same for gods, maybe they weren't DarkSix at the time of giants?

CaBaNa

First Post
I won't simply stand in this room forever, talking over ancient riddles. I belong up in the air, not below the ground. I've taken everyone's opinion into consideration, and combined with my own, our educated guess' seem to be, Thelanis, Shadow, Cockatrice, Eldritch, here we go! The elemental wizard begins at the NW most point, and moves around the room to the SE, activating what he considers the answer.

[sblock=OOC]

Anyone feel free to stop the impatient wizard.

Dungoneering 17
History 19
Nature 27

Roll lookup

Religion 26

roll lookup
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Oh dear. . ." Edward says as Elec touches the word Thelanis. To everyone's relief the stone floor at P5, one of the tiles Cairn had marked slides away, revealing a circle of arcane markings.

[sblock=Arcana 15/You can take 10]It appears to be a teleportation circle.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]I am stopping here, assuming that this is a point of interest, and perhaps Elec would stop to see what happened, before moving forward.[/sblock]

Neurotic

OOC: Eh, and I wanted to be first...

Cairn touches Stone on SE location

[sblock=Other answers]
I'm fairly sure it's House Orien: to gain rights to enter = to pass
I doubt it is Sivis altough documents may give rights to enter...

For gods, I have no idea except the Keeper is obvious to keep secrets :(
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Press what your heart desires, Elec-Squall won't move to stop you, he's interested in what he just did.

[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Stay clear of it, ready your weapons! Elec-Squall jumps back and pulls both his wands. He gestures with one wand, Teleportation circle. waiting for a few moments before moving in to investigate further.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Before I resolve Cairn's actions,

Elec, would you define "moving in" to a grid location?

If Elec, is no longer logged in and/or does not respond in the next couple of hours I will move forward anyway.[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
Filo readied his songblade and stood pensively nearby.

[sblock]OOC: Put Filo anywhere within 5 squares of the Circle.[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads