[Adventure] Dive into Darkness (Judge: stonegod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScorpiusRisk

Visitor
Outside the Tower Shard, it's early afternoon. The winds whip by at a decent rate, but nothing too dangerous. Not unusual for the high area's of Sharn. At least the sky's seemed clear, the sun shining brightly above.

As you finish you're business inside, you begin to gather outside the doors.

---------------------------------------------

Feel Free to start RPing here as soon as you're character leaves the Shard.

Post is current as of 01/15/10

PCs:
Cairn - Earth Elemental (Warforged) Warden 4
Stasi Tonladar - Human Avenger 4
Filo d'Jorasco - Halfling Bard 4
Elec-Squall d'Kyrandar - Half-Elf (Genasi) Wizard 4
Shanairra Zanne d'Lyrandar - Half-Elf Warlock 4
Euphemia d'Cannith Human Artificer 4


Major Quests: Dive into the Dark Hole and figure out what's down it

Minor Quests: Do something with prisoners

XP Awarded: 0 XP

Treasure Awarded: None

Date Started: 12/22/2009
Days Played: 24
Judge: stonegod

Rules of Play:

1. Please include your quick stats in your post on the first post of a new page, on each post in combat, and on the first post where your status has changed.

2. In combat I will track your hitpoints and status effects but I'd like you to do the same in your quick stats. After all, I am not perfect.

3. If you are using a wishlist, and it gets updated, please let me know. If you are not using a wishlist, no worries.

4. I will rarely assign treasure to an individual. It is up to you to split things as fairly as you deem.

5. I will roll initiative for all. You do not need to wait for you're turn in initiative to post your actions. Enemies will go on one initiative.

Effects happen in the order you post. Any effects lasting for an entire round, that should effect you, do, but only once per round the effect exists, despite you're posting order.

If you tie for initiative with the enemy, you will go first.

6. I will not post full stats for enemies. All status effects will be posted. Auras will be posted once they first take noticeable affect. HP will be posted once bloody. Defenses will be revealed individually once hit. Some familiar monsters are modified.

7. If an sblock is labeled for someone other than you, I ask you not to read it.

8. If you do not post for 2 days, and we are in a skill challenge or combat encounter, I will post for you. I will only use At-Will Powers.

9. If you have an image you'd like to use for your token, please send me the file bal112083(at)gmail.com.

10. If Invisible Castle is down may use Dice Room or post your actions and I will make the rolls.
 
Last edited:
Euphie is the first one outside the tavern and waits for the slowpokes.

[sblock=stat block]
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 19, Fort: 19, Reflex: 19, Will: 18 - Speed: 6
HP: 43/43, Bloodied: 21, Surge Value: 10, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1

Powers:
1/1 Second wind
1/1 Scouring Weapon
1/1 Repulsion Strike
1/1 Icebound Sigil
2/2 healing infusion
1/1 Restoritive Infusion
1/1 Shockweave Armor (encounter)
1/1 Shockweave Armor (daily)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Wish List]I have one on my sheet! :)[/sblock]
 

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
A warforged in red and purple robes comes by can gives Edward something while whispering in his ears. The man nods and the warforged walks off.[sblock=OOC]I'll judge this.[/sblock]
 

Moon_Goddess

Visitor
Stasi stands outside the Tavern with Euphie.

"What's taking them so long?"

[sblock=Stasi stat block]Stasi Tonladar- Female Human Avenger 4
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 16
AC:21, Fort:16, Ref:18, Will:19 -- Speed: 6
HP:44, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges Per-Day 8/8
Initiative +2 Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers:
Overwhelming Strike
Bond of Retribution
Radiant Vengeance

Oath of Enmity
Channel Divinity (Abjure Undead, Divine Guidance, Small Vengeance)
Compelling Blade
Sparking Wounds

Temple of Light

Refocus Emnity

Flaming Fullblade +1(Daily)
Enduring Spirit Vestments +2 (Daily)
Talon Amulet +1
[/sblock]
 

CaBaNa

Visitor
An elemental emerged from the Shard, baggy pants coalesced with blue sparks. Starting just below the knee, cloth wrapped the leg of the electric man, disappearing beneath hiking boots tied tightly to his feet, and cradling his ankle joints.

The treasure chest strapped to his back had a small hole with rope snaking it's way out, the hempen braid connected to a grappling hook hanging from the chestpack. His shirt appeared to be more a robe that had been tied with rope so as not to catch snags.

A beaming smile graced the face of Elec-Squall, This is going to be a breeze.


[sblock=Elec-Squall]

Elec-Squall d'Lyrandar
Male Genasi Wizard 4
Medium Elemental humanoid
Initiative +4; Senses Passive Insight 14, Passive Perception 19; Normal vision
HP 35, Bloodied 17, Surge Value 8, Surges 7
AC 17; Fortitude 16, Reflex 17, Will 17
Resist 5 Lightning, 10 force
Speed 6
At-will: Storm Pillar, Thunderwave
Encounter: Wand of Accuracy, Empowering Lightning, Shock Sphere
Daily: Rolling Thunder (Freezing Cloud)
Utility: Feather Fall (Guardian Blades)
Racial: Promise of Storm
Class: Cantrips
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]

I'm using a wishlist, but it's fully up to date already.

Really excited to be a part of this adventure!

[/sblock]
 

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Some random litter sweeps the busy streets.[sblock=OOC]A minor, minor issue, but its 'stonegod', not 'StoneGod'. Yes, I'm picky. ;)[/sblock]
 

ScorpiusRisk

Visitor
A local magewright in casual city uniform reaches out with a flick of the wrist grabs the litter with a large hand of force and deposits it into a small sack he hold in his off hand. He smiles to the ladies and nods his head before moving on his way,

[sblock=ooc] Corrected, oh stonegod. ;)

I'm just going to wait, one last time I promise, for everyone to post either signing the contract or in this thread before Edward comes out and we move along.

I'm excited about this adventure as well. It's my first time DMing Eberron. I think this delve fits the world well and should be fun.

It is not however easy, and was described by at least one judge as evil. I suggest everyone take this time to RP, get to know each others characters and if you have any expectations in or out of character you might want to make them known. Especially when it comes down to whose responsibile for what.

That being said, I think we've gathered a surprisningly well suited party for it so if you keep you're head about you, this really might be a breeze.[/sblock]
 

hero4hire

Visitor
Stasi stands outside the Tavern with Euphie.

"What's taking them so long?"
Last and least in stature Filo arrives after a seemingy endless argument with the heave door. "So sorry for keeping all of you!" he said to everyone with a sheepish smile. He ran his fingers through the messy mop on his head before putting his almost oversized hat on. "A'ight then..Ready!"

[sblock=Filo stat block]Filo d'Jorasco- Male Halfling Bard 4
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 15
AC:20, Fort:15, Ref:17, Will:18 -- Speed: 6
HP:37/41, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges Per-Day 5/9
Initiative +4 Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Saving Throws +5 vs Fear
Powers:
Vicious Mockery
Warsong Strike

Shout of Triumph
Song of a New Dawn
Inspire Competence
Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture/Resistive Formula
Majestic Word x2
Second Chance

Stirring Shout

Healer's Brooch +1
Harmonic Songblade Scimitar +1 (daily)
Healer's Chainmail +1
Floating Light Shield
[/sblock]

[sblock=wish list]
4: Battleforged Shield
5: Mac-Fuirmidh Cittern
6: Reperation Apparatus
7: +2 Harmony Songblade
8: +2 Cloak of the Chirurgeon
9: +2 Benefactor Armor
10: Healer's Shield [/sblock]
[sblock=pic]
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

Visitor
Edward walks out of the Shard and grabs hold of the handle to steady himself, apparently unprepared for the gust of wind moving through. He adjusts his bag, making sure its secured tightly then rubs his hand together in excitement.

"Well come on then, let's go catch a lift downstairs!" He marches past to the inner side of Dura, closer to the Central Plateau.

[sblock=ooc]ALright then, Cairn signed his contract and Theroc told me out of thread that he was in so we can get started.[/sblock]
 
"Woot, lets go!" Eupemia grins with excitment, grabs Stasi's hand and pulls her along as she follows and keeps an eye out for a lift.
 

ScorpiusRisk

Visitor
Edward finds the lift which, luckily, is one of the larger ones. The group boards along with several other people and it slowly makes it's way down the tower, letting people on and off here and there. Any preconceived notions of where you were going are dashed, as Edward waits till the lift gets to it's bottom most stop.

You'd be at the entrance of cliffside if you were on the other side of the tower. Instead you've entered one of the poorer warehouse districts.

"Now a few floors of stairs. The public lifts don't go all the way down to the ground on this side." He smiles, but it's clear he's a bit more on alert than he was before.

A few more stairs and a long corridor later, and you're feet no longer fall upon stone and metal, but packed earth. You've reached the top of the depths, the space between the towers. A few tents, fires, and temporary structures hug the walls, as Sharn's truly desolate make their homes.

Out before you though, stretches a surprising amount of space. The road is dotted with the occassional stone of many shapes and sizes. Ruins of buildings, crumbling from lack of use dot the landscape, with everything lit by shadows of the towers above.
 

CaBaNa

Visitor
With each step Elec-Squall seems to be getting more uncomfortable, his fidgeting increases the closer the party gets to ground level. By the time they reach the packed earth of ground floor, the wizard was breathing slow deep breathes, and doing stretching exercises, wrapping his arms around his torso, and bending in all directions. Elec-Squall could be heard *mumbling arcana* as well, refreshing his mind, and reviewing his spell repertoire.
 
Euphie's reaction was quite different from Elec's. She was playing the tourist, checking out all the stones and ruins as they went. She was sure that she wouldn't find anything someone else hadn't already, but it was fun to look anyway. She hadn't expected an interesting place like this in a city like this, even though she had heard that it was build on ruins. She did wonder what was bothering Elec though...
 

ScorpiusRisk

Visitor
[sblock=ooc]Sure, when you're in the Shard, it's all about RP, interaction, and character development. Now we've got a DM though! We need direct stimulation! I'll show you direct stimulation! Mwuhahahahahahaha![/sblock]

"Almost there now." Edward excitedly rubs his hands together. "These ruins have been completely cleared of valuables long ago, and the University has been studdying the architecture since it's founding. Most have since moved onto other things, but as you'll see. . ."

An arrow goes whizzing by Edward's face, cutting off his words. As you've moved along, the most perceptive among you have noticed movements in the darker shadows. Rats, dogs, and the occassional person move about but never seemed threatening. Now you're glad for you're keen senses as the party is faced with enemies from all sides!

Edward yells "Scavengers!" and quickly covers his head with his bag.

Seemingly in response you hear a number of men cry "Jackals!" before charging in. They appear from the shadows of ruins all around, clearly many were waiting in place for you to arrive.

Two Longtooth Shifter's appear, wielding shields with a crudely painted image of a red jackal. They move swiftly and their swords bite hard. One digs into Stasi, the other cuts Shanairra deeply across the shoulder.

Orcs, in crude hide follow. They bear clubs, and each one has the same red jackal painted on them. They try and surround the party and two manage to over come Euphie, batting her from either side.

Two more enemies fire into the crowd. One arrow flies high over Elec's head, the other bouncing off of Cairn helplessly.

[sblock=ooc]Longtooth 1 charges Stasi.
32 vs AC. Hit. 6 damage.

Longtooth 2 charges Shanairra. 33 vs AC. Nat 20. Hit. 13 damage.

Half-Orc 1 fires at Cairn. 17 vs AC. Miss.

Half-orc 2 fires at Elec. 11 vs AC. Nat 1. Miss.

Orc 1 charges Euphie. 19 vs AC. Hit. 5 damage.

Orc 2 charges Cairn. 18 vs AC. Miss.

Orc 3 charges Euphie. 23 vs AC. Hit. 5 damage.

Orc 4 charges Stasi. 16 vs AC. Miss.

Orc 5 charges Elec. 11 vs AC. Nat 1. Miss. [/sblock]


---------------------------------------

Initiative!

Surprise Round (Everyone with a Passive Perception of 16 or higher gets 1 standard action)

19 - Enemies - Acted
17 - Elec
12 - Cairn
10 - Stasi
3 - Euphemia

Followed by Round 1!

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2358531/]19 - Enemies
Longtooth 1 - @H6
Longtooth 2 - @L11
Half-Orc 1 - @B12
Half-Orc 2 - @04
Orc 1 - @F8
Orc 2 - @G11
Orc 3 - @F10
Orc 4 - @J6
Orc 5 - @K8
18 - Shanairra - @K10 - 29/42
17 - Elec - @K9
12 - Cairn - @H10 - 56/56
10 - Stasi - @I7 - 38/44
6 - Filo - @I12 - 41/41
3 - @G9 - Euphemia - 33/43

THE MAP

Note: Dark Ruins are quite big, and provide full cover without trying. The light colored ruins, ie the thin wall in the lower right and the fallen column, provide partial cover or full cover if you croutch. Except for Filo, he gains full cover from the light colored rubble as well.

Squares containing two or three small thingies, represent light rubble. These can eb moved through, but count as difficult terrain.

[sblock=The Map]
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Visitor
"Oh, it's playtime, this is going to be fun"

[sblock="Actions"]
Standard: Draw Flaming Fullblade +1
Free: Activate Flaming Fullblade +1 At-Will power,
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stasi stat block]Stasi Tonladar- Female Human Avenger 4
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 16
AC:21, Fort:16, Ref:18, Will:19 -- Speed: 6
HP:38, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges Per-Day 8/8
Initiative +2 Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers:
Overwhelming Strike
Bond of Retribution
Radiant Vengeance

Oath of Enmity
Channel Divinity (Abjure Undead, Divine Guidance, Small Vengeance)
Compelling Blade
Sparking Wounds

Temple of Light

Refocus Emnity

Flaming Fullblade +1(Daily)
Enduring Spirit Vestments +2 (Daily)
Talon Amulet +1
[/sblock]
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Silent as stone, Cairn follows the group. His sharp senses detect a threat even as it materializes. Rumbling starts and in not quite a shout he grinds out:
"Jackals only attack weaker then themselves and in great numbers. You got only one right. Retreat and live, attack and feed the jackals."

"Stasi, Euphie, fall back."

He swings his mighty weapon in wide arc, spectral vines sprouting from it as he pulls it back in sharp tug, pulling his target toward him.

OOC: I hope this sentence is not too smart for someone with Int 8 :)
OOC2: not needed now, but whenever Cairn succeeds on his save, next ally after that makes next save with +4 bonus

[sblock=Area attackers]
Feel free to drop area effects around Cairn especially those targeting Fort or AC. AS bonus, you can shoot big guns after his second wind he gets +2 to defenses and extra +4 to AC giving him 26.
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM and Judge]
Thunderram assault uses word creature for area (blast 3) attack, but in fluff text it says push the opponent and it's allies away which indicates enemies only. Since it's quite big, I'd like to clarify before blasting...

Do I get opportunity attack as #2 tries to hit me? He moved through one square I can reach to another?

Also, ScorpiusRisk, feel free if anyone provokes from me, roll, don't wait for me :) Consider any enemy who finds himself at any point adjacent to Cairn to be marked. I'll explicitly call it off when I'm in bad shape.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Action for surprise round]
Thorn strike at orc 3 (F10) Attack;Damage (1d20+9=16, 1d10+5=10)
Effect: pull orc to G10

Free action: Mark orcs 2 and 3 (if attack hits)

Hopefuly, they have low AC.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Initiative +4; Senses Passive Insight 13, Passive Perception 18

HP 56, Bloodied 28, Surge Value 14, Surges 13

AC 20; Fortitude 19, Reflex 16, Will 17
Saves
* +2 racial vs ongoing damage
* +2 item vs. poison, weakened, slowed or immobilized
* +2 item vs. charm, fear and psychic effects
* take better of 10 or number rolled vs. death

Resist 5 psychic

An ally that makes saving throw after Cairn succeeds on his gains +4 to the roll
Speed 6

[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

Visitor
[sblock=Cairn/stonegod]Oh look at that you have a reach weapon. Nope. You are correct, in that Orc 2 moved through a square you can reach, but in 4e that does not provoke an OA unless you have an ability caused threatening reach. The foe needs to move out of a square adjacent to you, regardless of you're reach.

Thunder Ram Assault's secondary attack effects all within the burst 1. The flavor text merely describes a situation where allies aren't next to you.[/sblock]
 

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Neurotic/Scorpius]Scorpius is correct: Unlike 3.5, w/o threatening reach, folks can walk all within your reach w/o provoking until they move adjacent.

Ignore fluff text: The burst targets "creatures", not "enemies", so it gets everybody. You can, however, orient the blast to try to minimize friendly damage.[/sblock]
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

Top