• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Dusk and Her Embrace (Judge: THB)

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
GM: I don't require participation in skill challenges. Though, to be honest, if a character can't think of a skill that could be used in the challenge, they could always Aid Another. There's no real cost for a failure and they grant a +2 to another character's skill check.

The rule MetaVoid is talking about is pre-errata, as Walking Dad mentioned, but even if it was the current rule, I wouldn't use it.

The group is still sitting at 2 successes and 1 failure with Bellegon providing a +2 to the next Religion check.

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: I don't require participation in skill challenges. Though, to be honest, if a character can't think of a skill that could be used in the challenge, they could always Aid Another. There's no real cost for a failure and they grant a +2 to another character's skill check.

OOC: Well, with the latest aid another rules you give the person you are aiding a -1 penalty if you fail. Given that I'm only +1 to Religion and need a 12 to aid, I'm just as likely to give a -1 as a +2. For now, Ghourra will watch if it appears there is an opportunity for her to help in a more meaningful, then she will take it. It just didn't seem worth it to roll a different skill at DC 18, when Deimos nearly auto-succeeds at DC 14 for Religion.

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
OOC: Well, with the latest aid another rules you give the person you are aiding a -1 penalty if you fail. Given that I'm only +1 to Religion and need a 12 to aid, I'm just as likely to give a -1 as a +2. For now, Ghourra will watch if it appears there is an opportunity for her to help in a more meaningful, then she will take it. It just didn't seem worth it to roll a different skill at DC 18, when Deimos nearly auto-succeeds at DC 14 for Religion.

GM: Is that new errata? I didn't know that. And I don't like that rule at all.

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: To make this a bit quicker, I will roll 5 times a d20 for religion checks. Please ignore the rolls after the first failure. (Deimos usually waits for Bellegon's aid check.)

with +10/+11/+13 all succeed.

Oops, just saw that 2 more checks were enough...

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: Is that new errata? I didn't know that. And I don't like that rule at all.

OOC: Yes, in the Rules Compendium. The DC to aid another is now 10 + half the level of the character attempting to provide aid and failure results in a -1 penalty due to the aiding character "distracting" the person they are aiding.

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
With expansive knowledge of the divine, Deimos is able to call on Onatar's aid. The stone in the once defiled altar looks like new, cleansed of the evil influence. The moans of the undying seem quieter when close to the altar; the night filled with less darkness.

GM: The first part of the skill challenge has been successfully completed. The altar is has been reconsecrated.

Walking Dad

First Post
Deimos Vrago, Tiefling Wizard (Mage) 5

"It is done. But I still think we should wait with the destruction until dawn." Deimos announces.

[sblock=OOC]

Immediate Interruption: Shield (if it prevents a hit)
Immediate Reaction: Infernal Wrath (if hit by enemy in range)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Deimos Vrago
Perception: 13 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 16 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 40 / 40 Bloodied: 20
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist: fire 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.5
Healing Surge:10 Surges per day: 7 / 8
At-Will Powers: Magic Missle, Scorching Burst, Beguiling Strands
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Charm of Misplaced Wrath, Fire Shroud, Shield
Daily Powers: Flaming Sphere, Summon Magma Beast

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
Hours pass, the unceasing moans of the army of darkness the adventurers only company. They smash their fists against the walls and rusty doors and, piercing the general cacophony, the baying of some unnatural beast can be heard; distant at first but slowly growing louder and more intrusive. Soon enough, it is a constant and ear splitting sound, a red-hot needle behind the eyes.

It's apparent that something is about to happen.

Remove ads