• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Food of the Gods (DM: ryryguy, Judge: renau1g)

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas accepts a bowl of zocalti and eyes it weakly, his mouth still burning from the pepper. After a moment's hesitation he takes a little sip. He finds it better than expected (possibly because the heat still in his mouth prevents much flavor from getting through) and slowly drinks more.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]. Will u please roll an active insight for me? +12. I want to try to read more into what the two underlings are doing. Something seems odd lol. I am on my phone so it's hard to roll. Thanks. [/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
Azryah ignores the bowl of liquid, remaining statue still, as if she actually is a statue and simply does not notice the bowl. She is careful to note which of her companions do drink the liquid, in case they should exhibit any odd behavior later.

ryryguy

First Post
Bwarli just shrugs and moves on when the deva ignores him.

[sblock=Jynxx]Here's insight for you: Insight (for Jynxx) (1d20+12=16)
Not an awesome result but... you don't sense any sort of deception on duplicity on the part of the headman or his servants. Whatever the servants are worried about, it's something to do with Hulgrimi, not your group.

That may not be all the info you were hoping for... but you'll still need to decide if Jynxx takes the drink and drinks it.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
Kaeysari cautiously lifts the bowl and drinks. It's a strange combination of flavors, and not entirely appealing, although there's a but she continues to drink out of politeness.

[sblock=ryryguy]I have no idea how this is going to affect Kaeysari. Given her quasi-canine ancestry, she may not react well.[/sblock]

Charm

First Post
Cillani was torn on whether to accept the drink or not but decided to graciously decline when offered.In stead she picks up a glass and pours herself some water for Hulgrimi's toast. She raises her glass towards him before taking a sip. "I've been closely studying texts that pertain to the Reaper Queen. It seems she wants me to understand her to the best of my ability. I'd love to glance at those works but we are in a rush. Perhaps another time. After all the sooner we can get some zocalti back the sooner perhaps I could return. Will you please help us in this matter?" Obviously she was going to have to be very blunt to get anything accomplished here. She moved her weight from one foot to the other impatiently.

[sblock=Insight]
for the most recent check that is :D
1d20+4=22
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
Hulgrimi frowns a bit as the majority of his guests refuse the zocalti, but then shakes his head. "It is an acquired taste," he says, apparently to himself.

He tips his own bowl back, preparing to drink, when Bwarli suddenly speaks up in a loud voice betraying a tinge of desperation. "Honored Ancestor!" The headman pauses with the bowl to his lips, eye-glows tilted to look at the young dwarf. "Uh, I just thought of something... it's been a while since you've gotten any copies of the Screamer, right? Maybe our guests might have some more recent copies that they'd be willing to part with?"

Hulgrimi lowers the bowl. "Oh yes, good thought, Bwarli!" He turns back to the group. "I do like to read the news from Daunton but we haven't had a new Screamer in months. I don't suppose any of you might have brought one?"

Bwarli and Urtamklatl exchange another quick glance, relief written on their faces.

[sblock=Insight DC 10 (passive)]It's pretty obvious at this point that Bwarli and Urtamklatl don't want Hulgrimi to drink the zocalti. That seems to be what they've been worrying about since it was first mentioned.[sblock=Insight DC 15 (passive or active)]They really don't seem to care whether or not the guests drink any zocalti... apart from Urtamklatl taking offense at it being served to females. She did glare at Kaeysari when the shifter accepted the bowl.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Jynxx frowns, a rare thing to happen to the bard. [sblock=telepathy to Bwarli]

"Why do you not want the Honored One to drink? Is there something wrong with the zocalti? Or does he not react to it well? I have heard of a type of trance-rage that occurs." Jynxx offers some mental reassurances and waits for his response.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads