(Adventure) Goblin Ears II: Irene at the One-Eyed Owl

Manzanita

First Post
Irene

Irene, not Venus. Yes of course, sorry.

Irene crouches near the door. She hears a hand fall on the door knob and the whispered voices become audible. "You can't move her. J didn't tell you to, and how would you get her out of here?" says a deep raspy voice.

A high, whiney voice replies "They're onto us, I tell you. She's small. Just put a bag over her head & toss her out the window. Then climb down & carry her to the safehouse...now where's that key..."

Gurdjieff

First Post
"J..." Irene thinks to herself the moment she hears that letter pronounced. "Jezibel...". The name runs through her mind, flashing images of the girl she trusted, but who clearly fooled her and her friends on multiple occasions.
"On to them? Maybe Nurlan and the others? Have they come to save me? No... no... ofcourse not, otherwise they wouldn't be moving me. What to do... think Irene, think!"
Her brain is working overtime in the short period she has left before the people talking will enter the room. The first thing that comes to her mind is to put her dagger back; she isn't ready for a battle. Quickly she takes the ropes she was bound by, putting them back on, in such a manner they aren't really bounding her but she hopes the people who enter now wont notice. She then lies back to the floor, moaning softly and faking as if she cant get up; as if the pain from the stabwound is too much to handle for the little halfling.

Manzanita

First Post
Irene hears a key put into the lock. After a bit of twisting and turning, the door opens. Irene has had time to tie herself up again. The two enter the room. Through half-closed lids, Irene sees one close the door and press his ear against it. This is one of the half orcs that attacked her earlier. The other man goes to a closet and starts digging about. It is Jezibel's friend that she kissed in the bar earlier.

Gurdjieff

First Post
Slowly opening her eyelids, Irene turns to look at the men entering. Seeing the man digging through some stuff in the closet, Irene remembers his name; Drauer! Jezibel named him that when she asked for his name earlier. And the other is a halforc, probably one of the two who she tried to colorspray earlier, but she wasnt sure. All halforcs look alike, or so Irene feels about them.
"D...Drauer" She says, slowly. "Drauer, why are you and Jezibel doing this to me? I wasn't going to hurt her... why..."
Irene coughs and moans a bit louder as she acts as if her wound is killing her, though moving around a bit too much might actually do that. "Please Drauer, can you at least do something about this pain? It's... so much..." Irene almost cries while speaking these last words, hoping to work on Drauers feelings.
"Please?"

Manzanita

First Post
Drauer

"Oh," Drauer looks perplexed. "She's awake and knows my name. Anyway. You shut up. Don't try to cast any spells on us. Don't expect any mercy. Jezibel doesn't like you, so I don't either."

He turns to the half orc. "Can you find any rope?"

The half orc continues to look for a bit then shakes his head.

"Ok. How are we going to get her out of here then? Just dump her in the sack and carry her out? If we drop her out the window, it would probably kill her." Drauer says.

"Mebbee I could catch her?" says the half orc.

"Oh. Good idea, Knobs. She's a little one. You go on down under the window, and I'll drop her to you. Then just wait for me to come."

The two of them put a gag into Irene's mouth, and stuff her into a large burlap sack. She can then hear the door open and close, and footsteps fading.

Gurdjieff

First Post
Being gagged and sacked, but still not transported, Irene holds still for now. She waits till she's lifted from the ground, at that moment freeing her hands and removing her gag. If she's thrown down, and caught, she'll prepare an escape attempt; For some reason they can't just carry her out of the building, and she wouldn't be surprised is she's still in the One-Eyed-Owl. Hoping she'll make the escape, Irene prepares herself for the pickup and the drop down.

Manzanita

First Post
After a brief wait, Irene feels the bag being lifted. She briefly and uncomfortably rests on the window sill, then enters freefall. She immediately attempts to slip off her bonds (Escape Artist DC 10. DR=3+3=6 fail), but gets caught up in the bag. She feels herself caught then lowered to the ground.

Gurdjieff

First Post
[OoC: I wasn't aware I needed a Escape Artist Check for that, as the rope was loose already (see previous statement, 5 posts ago), though if it is needed, no prob.]

Seeing how her first try didnt succeed, she feels she must get the off before she can do anything else, Irene goes for another try to get free of her shackles and gag.

Manzanita

First Post
You tried to release your crude bindings as you were falling. Thus it would have to be done in a second or so, thus I applied a difficulty factor. You can release your bonds now, but they might notice you struggling in there.

Irene pulls her hands out of their straps,and pulls out her gag. She can see dim light coming through the bag, and feint sounds of the city. A couple minutes later, footsteps arrive and she hears Drauer say "Let's go." She is lifted up over someone's shoulder and is carried off.

Last edited:

Remove ads