(Adventure) Hunt for the Cirya de Pietro [Judge - garyh]

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
OoC: Yes, you're right, 'Jericho' was actually Ricardo... :eek: How I mixed those two up I'll never know...

Katherine
"This ship came with some promises and we'll test them out... Do these pirates ever work together? If they are running us out to meet another ship I'd rather they 'catch' and board us and we fight the one ship on those terms."

"Depends on th' pirates, miss." Ricardo says. "Some of 'em be workin' together, aye, an' others aren't. If we could see their colors, we'd know, but in th' fog..." He shrugs. "Lettin' 'em board us an' then puttin' up a fight might work. But we hafta decide now, miss, 'fore they gain more'n they have. Towards land, or sea?"

ferretguy

First Post
Right then Lads, You lot, up the main mast to those positions for ranged fire. The rest get behind those barrels for cover and draw bead on area in front of you. Let them get aboard before firing, don't want to let them know we're ready for them.

OOC: Send the best 3 with ranged attacks up above, taking good firing positions with cover in rigging. The rest to 1/2 cover positions (standing initially as pirates come alongside, to promote sense of surrender, then taking positions as they board for combating boarders)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Pyrex said:
OOC: Not manning the ballistae?

OOC: we have ballista? Awesome! :D but katherine wants the ship whole if possible, so we would only aim for their balistas... currintly in the grip of a migraine, can't form ideas in character... kath will order ricado to run scared inland and draw them in for a boarding... and then ready her own possition with a crossbow and a make sure everyone can hear her inspiring oration when the time comes...

if the fight starts without me, kath will wait till the boarder's are committed then begin an inspire courage (hopefully with everyone else already readying actions) then next round pick a human to shoot with her crossbow (favored enemy bonus). [edit - and keep wand of clw handy....]

And now back to wimpering...

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: IIRC, the Gazelle came equipped with two ballistae.

Figuring he'll be needed on deck when the pirates board, Remi lets the crewmen fill the positions in the crow's nest and finds a good position on deck.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
OoC: Yes, the ship is armed with two ballistae, one on each end.

Thamior, Marques, and Warden head up the main mast, armed with the light crossbows (OoC: I presume you're giving them the light crossbows?). The three make way for Katherine as she joins them.

Ricardo takes the helm, and the ship slowly steers towards land; soon enough, the shore is coming into sight. The shore is quite rocky, and it seems that if the Gazelle were to get too close, she would be broken upon them.

"Green an' grey!" Warden calls down.

Ricardo nods. "Aye, they be workin' alone, miss..." He calls up. "They be no colors I reco'nize. I'll be slowin' her down, we don't want to break up on th' rocks..."

The ship gradually slows, and everyone can see the pirate ship clearly now, closing in from starboard. From your places on the ship, you can make out shapes of men and other humanoids on the approaching craft, and they appear to be readying what seem to be grappling hooks.

It will be upon the Gazelle in a few moments...

-----

Initiative and actions, please.

Pyrex

First Post
Initiative: 9

Once the pirates are within 300' (-4 to hit for range) Remi will begin firing at the pirates readying grapples. Once they begin to board he'll draw Leafblade and prepare to repel boarders. :D

Erekose13

Explorer
Init:6

ao'Thuir will take his place as Hallador pointed out after he has grabbed the crossbow from the weapons locker. Loading it and crouching behind the barrels he will wait until they are a little closer (no range penalty), fire once then draw his greatsword, then wait again.

ferretguy

First Post
OOC: damn Ballistas?...forgot about those, hell of course man those with those people appropriate...

My dear companion Remi, hold your fire until they close, no need to waist your shots. Best to be able to take them out with accuracy, agreed?
Hallador takes a good position at the side, heavy crossbow at the ready, as soon as the pirates close he looks to see who the commander is. (and if possible takes a shot.)
init: 9 :(

Remove ads