• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) In Service of Orussus (dpdx judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Fangor the Fierce said:
"Well, I think we had better find out where the other group is and get ready for the attack. Perhaps someone could scout the ridge ahead to get a better look at the camp? Or should we just wait for the other groups signal?"

"We do our flare first. When the watch says its one at night. Then if they respond we both go down and kick ass. I think that's the deal."

ooc: starting at sunset, Sara will start pestering the watch for the time every five or ten minutes. She wants to make her entrance on time. ;)

Ghostknight

First Post
Looking at the others Harwin heads off again.

I will go a bit closer to see if I can learn anything about the camp. but I will need to stay low, I don;t want to give our position away too early!

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Ghostknight said:
Looking at the others Harwin heads off again.

I will go a bit closer to see if I can learn anything about the camp. but I will need to stay low, I don;t want to give our position away too early!

"Hey Harwin, you think that's a good idea? Just thinkin, but what'f that guy was settin traps there on that ridge? I would have ta think that it's the best location to attack from, and they would also know that. Remember, it's a smart ogre, and it would be used to this area. Whada ya think Sara?"

Fangor is a bit curious, remembering that this is no ordinary Ogre. He checks the area, making sure he doesn't see anything or anyone on the ridge anymore, taking twenty if need be.

If I was that Ogre, that's what I would do, just to mak sure nobody snuck up on me at night. Damn our luck!

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Fangor the Fierce said:
"Hey Harwin, you think that's a good idea? Just thinkin, but what'f that guy was settin traps there on that ridge? I would have ta think that it's the best location to attack from, and they would also know that. Remember, it's a smart ogre, and it would be used to this area. Whada ya think Sara?"

Sara looks briefly paniced at being asked such a question but does her best to think through it. "Well, if Harwin goes alone now, and sets off a trap, then it'll just be him captured and not all of us right? Uh, no offense harwin, but we can rescue you or whatever when we all attack. And if he sees a trap and doesn't set it off, maybe he can tell me where not to step when we all have to go there, or something?" She shakes her head. "This is so not my job...."

Karcer had been patiently waiting for the better part of seven hours along with the others when she finally gave up. "Sod ya all." she growled. "'M bored. When d'we get down there and hack 'im up?!" She demanded starting to wave her axe around in short sharp motions. "More'n'that why aint we at least looked and seed 'ow many there are?!"
She started pacing again.

Without warning she marched off just below the ridge in the direction she'd seen the blue arrow on the watch-thing. Muttering to herself as she went about big slow creatures.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Karcer had been patiently waiting for the better part of seven hours along with the others when she finally gave up. "Sod ya all." she growled. "'M bored. When d'we get down there and hack 'im up?!" She demanded starting to wave her axe around in short sharp motions. "More'n'that why aint we at least looked and seed 'ow many there are?!"
She started pacing again.

Without warning she marched off just below the ridge in the direction she'd seen the blue arrow on the watch-thing. Muttering to herself as she went about big slow creatures.

Well, here goes nothin'
Fangor will follow behind Karcer, at a decent distance of about 20 feet. Axe ready, with armour donned.

Creamsteak

Explorer
(Awesome... lots of responses since my last post.)

I'm going to work under the assumption that Harwin does some scouting 20 minutes or so before Karcer gets in the mood to move.

Harwin:
You see, from the ridge line, a small camp surrounded by sturdy stone walls. The walls are only about ten feet high, but they have an unusual structure. Instead of the temporary buildings of the mercenaries (tents and small cabins) being contained within the wall like a normal fort, everything appears to have been built on top of earth that fills the entire 10 foot box. What you have is a 10 foot tall plateau with stone walls and an earthen middle.

It appears that there are around twenty tents that would fit a man and a half each. Other than the tents, the only structures are the corner towers (which are each 15 feet taller than the walls, and made of stone) and one center tower that is 10 feet wide, but has a diameter of at least 60 feet.

The entire base appears to be roughly 600 feet on each side, and it appears that temporary wooden bridges are set down near each tower, but none of them have been lowered to allow incoming traffic. The walls of the buildings look very old, and very stoic. There are large cracks that run along the side of the wall you face, and they seem to run very deep into the structure. The shape of the walls form an almost perfect square, and from your angle it gives the slight appearance of a crown studded with fire, due to the small campfires spread about.

Karcer and Fangor approach the ridge and see the same things as Harwin.

The entire base is about 400 feet from the top of the ridgeline, and doesn't appear to be surrounded with sentries. There is also a small cart at ground level below the fort, and it hasn't been unloaded. It is on the right hand side from where you are facing, near one of the lowerable makeshift wooden bridges.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
"There's something very wrong with the world when I have to be the sensible one," Sara comments to Thoria, then shrugs and gives in to fate. "Let's start the party early and hope the other group is adaptable."

If it is dusk or later, Sara will fire off the flare early and look for the response. If it is earlier than that, she will catch up to the others and remind them that they want to vaugly coordinate their actions. (and offer Karcer the chance to set off the "Big Flare" if she can sit still at least till sunset.)

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
"There's something very wrong with the world when I have to be the sensible one," Sara comments to Thoria, then shrugs and gives in to fate. "Let's start the party early and hope the other group is adaptable."

If it is dusk or later, Sara will fire off the flare early and look for the response. If it is earlier than that, she will catch up to the others and remind them that they want to vaugly coordinate their actions. (and offer Karcer the chance to set off the "Big Flare" if she can sit still at least till sunset.)

"I wonder what's in the cart. Hey Harwin, when it gets dark enuff, wanna go check it out? Waiting till dark for the flare from here is ok wit me."

Fangor will try and see if he sees anything peculiar about the cart. (Take 20)

Creamsteak

Explorer
There is a thick muleskin tarp covering the caravan. The wheels are solid wood, probably the struts are cedar by their reddish appearance. There is a seal on the cart, a coppery-gold one that is the symbol of the High Court of Orussus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads