(Adventure) In Service of Orussus (dpdx judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostknight

First Post
Approaching the guard tower by the cart Harwin shouts out

For Orossus!

And moves closer, looking for a way to enter the encampment without the drawbridge. (All else failing he will move forward and start climbing the wall...)

Creamsteak

Explorer
The gnome looks at you for a second, and a pipe become visible dangling from his mouth. "Whoo, doo, yoou doo."

"Minames Terry Fiddleberry, and if you are who I think you are, glad to meetcha. The drawbridge i'drop in a sec, and then you can go up. One more bomb first."

He holds out his hands and is bearing a watch matching the one in the group's possession.

After a moments delay, another explosion goes off above, this one near the central tower. Terry looks at you and then up at the rolling smoke coming from his pipe. "That'll wake 'em up. Those spikes shoulda taken care of the others, or at least scared them and dumb'dem'def. Jake and Oswin will push the bridge down now, and hopefully those items from the Judge will have shaken things up enough to make this possible."

After another moment passes, the huge drawbridge starts to push itself off over the side of the fortress, slowly lowering towards the ground. It's crooked, due to a lack of strength on the two halflings aboves part, but it eventually comes crashing down into the mud. It's twelve feet wide and twenty five feet long putting it at about a nice soft angle for climbing, though it looks like it could be better if the thing had come down straight.

"That judge in Orussus gave us four spikes, they turn invisible after you plant them, and then they explode when something moves by them. We decided to put them all over the camp, cept that we made sure to put one right under the door at the tower so that the first person to step out, hopefully that ogre, bites the dust quicker. Then we all hide, and wait for the others to come. Then we'll all go up there and gang up on him and whatever's left of his men! Good plan, doncha hink?"

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
Names harwin Surefoot. Yep, we're the other group sent by the Judge - although he seems to have given you the goodies! Plan sounds fine, but some of those with me are on the, umm, indiscrete side!

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Fangor's the name! Show me where to plant my axe, and the ogre will pay dearly!"

Fangor readies his axe, looking about the tower and area for any other movement.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Creamsteak said:
"That judge in Orussus gave us four spikes, they turn invisible after you plant them, and then they explode when something moves by them. We decided to put them all over the camp, cept that we made sure to put one right under the door at the tower so that the first person to step out, hopefully that ogre, bites the dust quicker. Then we all hide, and wait for the others to come. Then we'll all go up there and gang up on him and whatever's left of his men! Good plan, doncha hink?"

"Well, except the part where I don't get to actually fight the Ogre," Sara says with a grin. "Kinda hope that bit didn't work, no offense. So lets get to it!" Sheathing her swords (with a flourish) the guady fighter gets a running start to scramble over the drawbridge and goes looking to pick on someone her own size - or hopefully bigger. :D

((Damn, sorry peeps. I'll be around a lot more often in just over a week- Back to using MY name to ^-^))

Karcer, who had listened to Sara's scolding (for want of a better word) had calmed slightly, even looked meek for a while before settling down to wait.

--

When all the action had started she had leapt to her feet, axe in both hands and whooped a non-coherant war-cry before running off, having forgotten about the flare and simply eager to join in battle.

On hearing the plan from the other gnome (Whom she eyes with mistrust and open hostility) she swings her axe in his general direction a little while listening to the plan.

It got boring after a long moment and so she turned to Sara. "You point, I hit." she demanded in a nearly clear and coherant voice.

Ghostknight

First Post
Sara, we will all get to hit the ogre! In the mantime, lets start clearing out this camp!

As he says this, Harwin moves up the ramp and looks for their first target!

Creamsteak

Explorer
(I've tried to really show everything in the map this time. Major light sources, fixtures, terrain, etc.)

After cresting the makeshift drawbridge and up onto the fortified plateau, the sights become clear. There are three armed sentries near your position, though they all are looking northeast, towards the main tower. There are three men in or near their tents (one is just peaking out, the other two are standing in front of their hobbles). All of these men appear to be humans here.

You can all see a few flames nearby, and there are undoubtedly men moving around these. There are no signs of the halflings or gnomes that are part of the other group from where you stand. Those of you with low-light vision can make out the semi-crater in the distance where the first of the explosions occured.

(Those of you with low light vision can see twice as far as the yellow double-lines show. Those of you without low-light vision can only see as far as your darkvision grants or as far as the lights of the firepits glow, or as far as your personal light source, which I'll need to note.)

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
(The cart is down the ramp, at the bottom of the makeshift drawbridge. You can gain slight concealment, not cover, from the tall grass at the edges of the camp, which is further aided by concealment for darkness.)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads