(Adventure) In Service of Orussus (dpdx judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Initiatives
Fangor 16
Sara 15
Harwin 11
Karcer 7

2nd circle
Unarmed - 16
Guard - 8

11 - Harwin fires his crossbow, but he misses his target again.

9 - The sentry nearest Sara moves fowards, circling slightly around the fire pit. He comes towards her armed with a longsword, and lunges to no avail.

8 - The large heavily armored orcish speaking brute makes his great battle cry (as per the previous post) and howls towards the moon.

7 - Karcer tries to finish off the opposition armed with only a dagger, and succeeds in scoring another hit. (5 damage), the man chokes up a bit and passes out from his injuries. Karcer moves within threatening range with the crossbow user who appears to be fumbling with trying to load his weapon to fire.

5 - The sentry (also with longsword) comes after Sara. He swings chaotically, nearly scoring a hit, but Sara does manage to avoid taking any serious blow. The unarmed guard seems to be lifting a strange silver coin out of his pocket and to his mouth. It's a whistle, and he blows into it with all his lungs can manage.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -- -

20 - The unarmed guard that went for the nearby crossbow last round loads and fires it at Karcer after stepping out of reach. He misses completely, the shot so far off, quite possibly from his shaking. He doesn't look like much of a combatant, and is pretty small for a human.

18 - dead

16 - The unarmed man near Sara produces a dagger, and crowds near the sentries. Meanwhile Fangor heads towards the battle to aid Sara (assumption on my part). He strikes with his axe, dealing 6 points against the sentry, disabling him mostly.

15 - Sara performs her general tuanting towards the chain weilder, and fights defensively against her current opponents, going after the sentry first. She strikes him, dealing 4 points of damage and dropping him. Her second attack (crit threat, no confirm) deals 6 points, dropping the second sentry.

11 - Harwin shoots, hits, and lethally injures the crossbow user. He then moves in closer.

8 - The spiked chain user moves within reach range, not sure which one to go after yet. He finally decides on Sara. His strike hits (nat 20), If not for her fighting defensively she would have been much more sorely injured. The strike, even though somewhat parried, deals 10 points of damage to Sara.

7 - Karcer doesn't have enough movement to get to the orc and attack, so Karcer will instead strike the unarmed man and take his head. The strike hits, 5 points of damage drops him completely.

--- next round, from the top ---

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Creamsteak said:
8 - The spiked chain user moves within reach range, not sure which one to go after yet. He finally decides on Sara. His strike hits (nat 20), If not for her fighting defensively she would have been much more sorely injured. The strike, even though somewhat parried, deals 10 points of damage to Sara.

--- next round, from the top ---

Sara steps neatly into range of the Orc and does her best to skewer him with both swords, abandoning her earlier defensive actions. Smarting from the chain strike, she suddenly wonders where Thoria has gone to...

ooc: five ft step into melee with the orc, attack is +4/+4, damage 1d6+3/1d6+1. Did you want us to npc Thoria with our hivemind or were you going to control her? If the former, I'm going to assume that she has been moving outside the circles of firelight to spot any fellow darkvision users looking to snipe the rest of the party and will charge any she spots. (I was looking at the character sheet and realized her player hadn't specified domains taken or regularly prepared spells. :confused: )

Kahuna Burger

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Seeing this new attacker attack Sara, Fangor roars at him, and steps in (L17) to take his swing at the attacker. "Need a hand there lassy?" he says to Sara.

Att +5, 1d10+4 dmg, AC 18

OOC - Hey Harwin, since you came with a riding dog, you could have used it to command it to defend you....One more hand to help out in this fray...

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Fangor moves forwards, but fails to make any satisfying attacks this round (nat 1). Meanwhile, the unarmored guard holding the empty crossbow starts running in a northeasterly direction.

Sara strikes multiple times trying to find a good spot to strike the figure in the towering armor. Her best attempts are thwarted, but she manages to at least grab a blow that causes the arm of the figure to wince. (primary misses, secondary hit for 2 damage).

Thoria: Initiative on 14. And yes, I planned on leaving her out of the battle unless the players were willing to take her reigns instead of me. She can be within 30 feet of the current fight, no questions from me on that matter.

>Harwin takes his shot, despite his distance and the cover provided by the combat, the shot clears past the fight and hits the orc flat across his chest. He seems to suddenly stutter, his chain slowing out of control for a second. (23 to hit, 6 damage)

*Technically Thoria should act before Harwins shot, but I went ahead and rolled it since it also goes before the orc. My next post will resolve the orc, karcer, then starting from the top down again.

Aranel

First Post
((Ok I fixed Karcer- some things are left the weight and size for her being a small character. o_O; Dunno how AMG missed that. Asides from him being blind and playing CoH non stop...))

IC: Karcer cackled as she finished off the human in her way, there was a lot going on but the list of available heads was getting ever smaller.
She saw Sara in the distance facing an Orc. Her bloodlust was up, though she was still not ready to unleash it.

Starting to move over towards the Orc and Sara, Karcer prepared to swing at the creature with a fierce blow.

((Power attack; one))

Ghostknight

First Post
Harwin BAB +4, AC17, dmg 1-6 crit 19-20x2

ooc:Fangor I am assuming that since it is a riding dog it is not combat trained and thus useless for battle- Creamsteak feel free to correct me...

Harwin is delighted with his shot, and crawls his way forward before reloading and taking another shot

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Ghostknight said:
ooc:Fangor I am assuming that since it is a riding dog it is not combat trained and thus useless for battle- Creamsteak feel free to correct me...

Harwin is delighted with his shot, and crawls his way forward before reloading and taking another shot
OOC - Harwin, Riding dogs are bred for mounted riders, and therefor know the commands Attack, Heel, Defend, Guard, Stay, and Down. Its in the rulebook, under the Handle Animal Skill, near the end. So make use of him, since Thoria is not being handled yet.

Fangor, a little upset thta his attack is not going well, decides to liven things up. "Git on his other side there Sara!" Trying to get her to flank, Fangor will then take a 5 step move to move into a flanking position, or in a position to let Sara flank in her next move. If flanking, he will then take a swing at this creature, hoping to cleave him in two. If not flanking, he will aid Sara, giving her a bonus to her Attack and nit her Armour Class.

Att +5/+7 if flanking, 1d10+4 dmg, AC 18

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Fangor the Fierce said:
OOC - Harwin, Riding dogs are bred for mounted riders, and therefor know the commands Attack, Heel, Defend, Guard, Stay, and Down. Its in the rulebook, under the Handle Animal Skill, near the end. So make use of him, since Thoria is not being handled yet.
ooc: while the riding dog entry in the MM says "if trained for war" the one in the equiptment list is defaulted as a war dog. One of my characters paid less for a non battle trained dog (based on the difference in price between a light riding horse and a light war horse) but you've paid for battle ready by the sounds of it and should take advantage of it.

If sara is still alive when her turn rolls around, she will also take a five foot step to complete the flanking maneuver then strike again with both swords. +4/+4, +6/+6 if flanking, damage 1d6+3/1d6+1; AC 16.

Also if sara is still alive, thoria will move up to cast a cure light on her, casting on the defensive if warrented. If sara is downed, Thoria will instead use the opening in melee to charge the orc with her mace. (Attack w/ mace: +2 / +4 if charging, 1d8+2; AC 16, 14 if charging; Concentration check to cast defensively +3.) Don't know if she can arrange to charge into a flanking position and if it stacks...

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Due to a number of non-LEW related factors, I’m going to be leaving EN World entirely, pretty much immediately. I’m very sorry for any disruption this causes due to games I’m running or involved with, especially after my recent posting slowdown. If another DM or a judge would be willing to finish out the games I have, I’d be happy to provide any spoilers or plans that would be helpful in that. My characters can be NPCed until the end of their current adventures, or if anyone would like them, feel free to ask. I will still be available for limited email gaming or play by post on other boards (I’m at randomling’s house sometimes) if anyone has enjoyed my play style sufficiently to look me up.

Sorry again for the seemingly sudden nature of this decision, and for any problems my leaving causes. I was hoping to get my games finished up before it came to this, but it was not to be.

To follow up on any of the above, please AIM me or email my yahoo account Kahuna_burger73.

Kahuna Burger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads