• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure Inc. Campaign

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
“Well if we have to leave, Geffin, maybe we should take some of these lovely ladies with us?”
Richard slurs, gesturing to the whole tavern. He lifts his voice above the conversation:
“I may not be able to function from the waist down, ladies, but that won’t stop you enjoying the evening, eh? Eh?”
Giggling, he pulls himself up to table height, his eyes twinkling.

Grescheks

First Post
Shaking his head slightly to try and stop the slight buzzing that had started deep in his head, Bharash stared at his drink for a few minutes before shrugging to himself and finishing the rest of the ale. Looking around at his slightly disoriented colleagues, Bharash smiles again to himself, then stands up from the table.

"Perhaps now would be a good time for us all to return to our personal quarters to prepare for the journey tomorrow. If there is no further business to deal with, then I shall be retiring to the temple of Bahamut for the night."

CaBaNa

First Post
You may all retire, but unless I am staying with one of you, I will be spending the next couple of hours bar hopping, for someone to keep me warm in my drafty room.

[sblock=OOC]

I Love Trance!

[/sblock]

Ian.Fleming

First Post
The light outside starts to fade into soft reds, oranges and ambers. The last feeble rays of the sun enter through the high windows and reflect along the granite, casting the room in the same beautiful colour as the setting sun.

Hammer ambles towards the fireplace, carrying a damp, leaf wrapped packet the size of a boot. Tossing it on the fire, the dampness causes it to smoulder, which allows the sun to provide most of the ambient light. As the wrapping slowly catches fire, it releases a clean, fresh scent in the air.

By the time the sun has set, the fire has risen back to full height and the contents of the packet have changed the colour of the flames. As the alchemical powders burn, the fires turn from ruby red, to electric blue, to deep emerald green, to near black, and finally to a metallic silver before repeating the colour pattern again.

Most of the casual drinkers have gone by this point, with only those of great fortitude and balls of brass stay to challenge Hammer's Alchemical brews.

[sblock=OOC] The 6 hour extended rest is only good for renewing your powers. Doesn't mean you still won't be grumpy or hung over in the morning on so little sleep. Off with the lot of ye! ;)[/sblock]

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
As he watches the dragonborn exit, Richard takes a deep breath.
“I guess my generous offer went unanswered, gentlemen!”
He bellows. Hearing his own voice resonate off the walls, he blinks hard and attempts to regain some composure.
“Zed, my dear fellow, surely one of those two ladies that accompanied you last night should be able to keep you warm, if only for an hour or two?”
Pulling himself up to full height with an immense amount of effort, he nods once to Geffin.
“And so to sleep, perchance to dream.”

Grescheks

First Post
"Well, I believe that we should be off now. We will meet again tomorrow at dawn, eh?"

With that, Bharash gave a small bow to his companions, left the tavern and headed to the Temple District. Making his way to the Temple of Bahamut, Bharash entered, nodding his respects to the few priests and apprentices still moving about the main atrium. Bharash walked slowly down the centre of the temple to the statue depicting Bahamut's dragon form, stopping in front of it to offer the customary respects of all worshippers of the Platinum dragon, as well as the salute taught to the Order of the Platinum Scale, showing his own scale in the process. After the ceremonial respects were finished, Bharash continued on to the back area of the temple, where the living quarters of the faithful are kept. Entering his own sparsely furnished room, Bharash stripped off his armor and weapons, laying them gently to the side before lying down on the bed (which he had commissioned specially to fit his large frame) and falling asleep.

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
As he watches the dragonborn exit, Richard takes a deep breath.
“I guess my generous offer went unanswered, gentlemen!”
He bellows. Hearing his own voice resonate off the walls, he blinks hard and attempts to regain some composure.
“Zed, my dear fellow, surely one of those two ladies that accompanied you last night should be able to keep you warm, if only for an hour or two?”

Neither Kali, my skunk familiar, nor my Aunt Athena, give off much body heat. Both enjoy sleeping on this plane, at my feet, on my Rug... A soft growl is heard from beneath the table, Well, Aunt Athena sleeps where she wants.

Zed sees that most of the group is departing for rest, taking the long way back to the drafty room Zed makes a few in and outs of the local establishments. Not finding much of interest, do mostly to his attentiveness to his own mirror, Zed heads to his stone room, and nestles down to his Rug. Eyes open, Zed concentrates on the ebb and flow of the arcane around him. Focusing also on keeping steady rhythmic breathing.

Athena and Kali interrupt Zed's trance often, so often it becomes just part of the routine. Stuff happens, Zed sees it, keeps meditating.

[sblock=OOC]
The familiar is going to stay at the guild until Zed spends the feat.

Zed has a low charisma, most of his escapades with women, are actually in his own mind. He is a chic magnet, due to mental gymnastics, more than reality.

The trance fluff is just for fun, not saying anything mechanical by it.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Geffin will nod to Richard, his head somewhat swimming, but enjoying himself, the halfling decides to stay and spend time with the other "hard" drinkers. After all, surely someone would pick up his tab.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads