[Adventure] Into the King's Forest (Judge: THB)

renau1g

First Post
The group prepares to hunt the owlbear, but the way is a bit more difficult than Luthan suggested or perhaps the elf's knowledge of the forest makes it easier for him than he realizes. Regardless, you are soon forced to consider your way more carefully.

[sblock=Skill Challenge]
Ok, so it's a level 5, difficulty 2 challenge.

6 success before 3 failures.

Primary Skills:
Nature, Perception, Endurance

Secondary Skills:
TBD - feel free to try anything with a good reason, I will usually consider many things[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
Fighting the drizzling rain and the cold seems easy for Unit 16, who plods along with barely a notice.

[sblock=endurance check, question]28 endurance check.

Can we re-roll the same checks? If so, can we just let Jarren make perception/nature checks repeatedly?[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda carefully picks her way through the forest, keeping an eye on the terrain and for signs of her quarry. As she hunts, she sees a deer dart off into the underbrush, and she smiles that this unnatural beast hasn’t been able to drive off all of the game in the area.

She looks back to the group, and nods as Unit 16 stoically makes his way through the forest, the lumbering warforged seeming much more at peace here, rather than the city they just left. This strikes her as odd, but if there is one thing Susan has shown her, is there is more to him than what is visible on the surface.

[sblock=Nature]1d20+11=24[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Checks]
Yes, there's no limit on the times you can use a skill, but each person must make one each round.[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
Adverse weather conditions seem to bother Jarren almost as little as they do Unit 16. He, too, is quite at home in the dense wood, all his senses receptive and alert as he picks his way through the trees. "For such a large beast, this Owlbear doesn't seem to have left many traces," he mutters. "At least, not this far from its den. Our Elven friend certainly did take care not to come within leagues of the thing."

[sblock=Perception]1d20+14=33

This dice roller sure does seem to love me so far. Probably jinxed it now. :hmm:[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Unit 16 plods through the forest, its massive frame clearing a path through the brush that the others can follow.

Ryda realizes that the deer is likely running away from the hunting ground of the owlbear as there's little other predators in this area for it.

Jarren hears a sound carrying in the air, it sounds like large claws being dragged over a rock, the high-pitched sound carrying through the air, the creature can't be far now!

[sblock=Skill Challenge]
Ok, so it's a level 5, difficulty 2 challenge.

6 success before 3 failures. 3 successes, 0 failures.

Primary Skills:

Secondary Skills:
TBD - feel free to try anything with a good reason, I will usually consider many things[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
Unit 16 continues to clear a trail for his companions, taking particular care to avoid damaging the fauna too greatly. Unfortunately, while carefully moving a branch out of the way, the large limb slips from his hand and smacks him mightily in the face.

[sblock=2nd verse, same as the 1st]endurance check: 12. Crap. Sorry, I think I failed our first check there.[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
As she senses her little group nearing their prey, she slinks back behind the massive warforged, and steadies her breathing and focuses on relaxing her muscles so she can be at top form when the battle begins.

[sblock=Endurance]1d20+10=22[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
Jarren tenses for a moment. "I believe I hear something. Our quarry is sharpening its claws. We're getting close, be ready." Focusing intently, he tries to close in on the position of the sound.

[sblock=Next Perception Check]1d20+14=29[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Unit 16 is less effective this time and the branch smacks him fairly hard.

Ryda's training leaves her feeling strong and ready.

Jarren's keen ears allow him to point the way he's sure that the owlbear is located.

[sblock=Skill Challenge]
Unit 16 - lose 1 surge

6 success before 3 failures. 5 successes, 1 failures.

Primary Skills:

Secondary Skills:

Remove ads