Adventure: Into the Wild

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
A fanatical gleam enters Dante's eye as he looks behind him. "Virgil, the Ijekis'Savok... mage is an Umbara-kin as well!"

Virgil glances back at his master with a stupefied expression - the devil-lizard equivalent of "WTF?"

OOC: Technically, I don't think Dante could charge - I'm not sure you can charge adjacent to a creature when you have a reach weapon. That's mostly in a roundabout way due to the Barreling Charge feat: "When you charge with a reach weapon, you can end your charge in the nearest square adjacent to the target of your charge." I've never found the specific rule that says otherwise however, so maybe whoever wrote the Barreling Charge feat was wrong...

He could have used Throw and Stab though, which would give roughly the same result except he'd get a 5/10 +12, 2d4+4 ranged attack against a different target first...

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Renquist smiles after the Assassin's stab draws blood. He holds his hand above the cut and dark energy flows from the wound into his hand.

"I can do this all day, can you?"

He strikes again with his blade, but the assassin is too quick.

[sblock=ooc] A wall is too quick with that roll... I hope someone on our side benefits from my crappy rolls. :( [/sblock]

[sblock=actions] Minor: Lay on Hands self, heals 10. Gain 3 DR TENT.
Standard: Enfeebling Strike vs. Assassin. 1d20+8, 1d8+4 → ([2, 8], [1, 4]) Roll Lookup . Miss.
Move: Shift to J3 (if possible) [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Renquist, Revenant paladin of Lauto
Init: +2 Speed: 5 Perception:14 Insight: 19
AC: 23/22 (23 if not bloodied) NAD: F: 16 R:17 W:17
HP: 27/41 Surges: 11/12 Surge Value: 10 AP: 1
Languages: Allerian, Old Allerian
Str:12 Dex:12 Wis:16 Con:14 Int:8 Cha:17

Powers:
At-Will: Ardent Strike, Enfeebling Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (2/3)
Encounter: Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle, Channel Divinity: Divine Strength, Second Wind, Valorous Smite, Dark Reaping, Call to Arms, Call of Challenge
Daily: Radiant Delirium

Special: AC is 23 when not bloodied. Gains 3 DR TSNT if Renquist spends a healing surge. [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
They've errata'd/essentialized the charge rules. Barreling Charge is now a useless feat. No benefit provided [/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
GM: Haruka was not adjacent to the assassin when he died. She had shifted back the previous round then the explosion occured before the assassin's turn (good thing too or he could have attacked before the blast. Maybe you'd be outright dead!). Based on what you wrote, you need to either to kill the target herself or be adjacent for the soul feast to trigger (btw; It'd be about time they update the online CB! :rant: At least I can check these things on the compendium.

Nementah; you can't see Haruka from the stairs, but you can if you move just one square further north, which you can achieve if your second move is a run.

Dante; as Renaug1 mentioned, by the current rules of charge, this was allowed.

Nementah hurries through the door Primera following. Soon the spirit, unhindered by physical obtacles overtakes the wilden. As Nementah goes to help Haruka, spirit enters the engine room and hovers by the witch.

"Get up, Haruka, Renquist needs your help. And those above probably could use some support too, but that'll be my next stop. You take care of the assassin with Renquist."

She checks that Haruka is awake and then dashes off

[sblock=Actions]
Move: to H3; Primera to F3
Move: to E2; Primera to H2 (if I count correctly and can get to E2 from the stairs I don't need to run, not that it's important without enemies)
Minor: Healing spirit for surge +4; free healing is wasted on this :(
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Mage, you just prevented me from going after the queen. Don't protect her, snap out of it!" growls Rocco

He swings his axes with abandon, prefering Bloodfire to Foe Maker. He hits Vizier devil and turns full circle with terrible swing that cleaves that assassin almost in two, frozen droplets of blood peppering his form while Dante is splattered with the blood that hisses on it's infernal hide.

"That's two. Two more to go."

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Sweeping blow vs Vizier AC; Assassin AC; damage (1d20+12=21, 1d20+12=32, 1d6+9+3=14) both hit, assassin dies, Rocco gets the nickname Assassin Bane
Move: N/A
Minor: Second Wind healing 13hp

Mark Vizier
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rocco Stats]
MARKED: Vizier

Initiative +4; Senses Passive Insight 14, Passive Perception 20
HP 36/49, Bloodied 24, Surge Value 12+1, Surges 9/12
AC 20; Fortitude 19, Reflex 16, Will 16
0/1 AP
Speed 5

Dual Strike
Brash Strike
Combat Challenge
Combat Superiority
Pass Forward

Funneling Fury
Sweeping Blow
Second Wind

Villain's Menace

Foe Maker Hand Axe - daily, standard, everyone within 5 squares are marked by Rocco
Mithral Chainmail - daily, immediate reaction, halve the damage of melee or ranged attack

[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
"But her beauty is as wonderful and terrible as the dawn, she is likely only misguided, I'm sure I can get her on the path of righteousness." the genasi retorts, still feeling the lingering effects of her domination.

[sblock=ooc]
Yeah...need to work on our tactics I suppose.Then again to a big strong dwarf, 4 hp shouldn't matter ;) [/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: No, damage doesn't, but slow effect prevents him from getting into the middle since it's DT. PITA.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
In the lower deck, the fight rages on and Renquist takes another cut.

On the main deck, the succubus decides to even the odds.

-''Oh, my dear dwarf. Do you know what would really please me? To see you jump over board. Make a nice graceful dive, please?''

Rocco can think of nothing more important than pleasing the Succubus and willingly take a leap overboard.

-''What about you, freak?'' Says the Vizier to Dante. ''Wanna give a hand?''

And Dante does just that, to his own amazement, as he takes a swing at Ashir in response. The wizard, however, has come to expect being assaulted by his allies and duck in time.

GM: The 'Word of Command' power of the Vizier is kinda 'Dominate lite'. Despite the appearance, Dante isn't dominated and still has his turn this round.

[sblock=Actions]
The assassin take the OA action vs Nementah
OA vs Nementah AC (1d20+12-2=24, 1d6+6=9) hit for 9,

the assassin takes 6 radiant damage from challenge

Assassin
Minor:
vs reflex (1d20+10=27) success
Standard:
Stab vs AC Renquist; dmg ; Recharge of Quarry power =6 (1d20+12+2=29, 1d6+6+2d6=14, 1d6=4) hit, -3 DR

Succubus
vs Rocco will (1d20+12=26)

The Succubus makes Rocco jump overboard!

Vizier use Word of Command on Dante, he slides to flanking position
Word of Command vs Dante; he makes a basic attack vs Ashir AC (1d20+12+2=15, 2d4+8=10)

miss!
[/sblock]

GM: Ashir acted first on the last round with his TENT power so his allies don't need to worry about the zone on their turn.

Rocco can't act this turn, but when he'll want to get back on board, his main options are an athletic check to climb the boat DC 25 (It's hard climbing aboard!) in one move or he can uses the wheel Acrobatioc 15 in two move. In the later case, a failure still sees him on board but he takes 1D10 damage (Because it doesn't feel like a safe activity to me!).

[sblock=S&S]
Assassin Lower Deck: Ass. 44/61 Q. Rech.

Vizier: 42/80 Infernal advice recharging

Succubus: 53/90

Ashir: 11 +5/46
Haruka: 18/59 -1hs
Dante: 22 / 42
Max: -4/46 -1hs dying (1 failed save)
Rocco: 36/49 Dominated TENT
Nementah: 14/40
Virgil: 32/54
Renquist: 16/41 DR3 -1hs

Vizier Devil (The scepter pic)
HP 80; Bloodied 40
AC 21, Fortitude 19, Reflex 19, Will 21
Perception 16
Resist 10 fire
OA: Scepter (Weapon)
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +12 vs. AC
Hit: 2d8 + 4 damage, and the devil slides the target 1 square.

Succubus
Perception 18;
HP 90; Bloodied 45
AC 23; Fortitude 17, Reflex 21, Will 23
Resist 20 fire
OA: Corrupting Touch (standard, at-will)
+14 vs AC; 1d6+6 damage.

Death Squad Assassin
Perception 16
HP 61; Bloodied 30
AC 21; Fortitude 18, Reflex 20, Will 19
OA: Assassin's Longblade (standard, at-will) Weapon
+12 vs AC; 1d6+6 damage.
The death squad assassin deals an extra 2d6 damage against any target it has combat advantage against.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Round4-1.jpg
    Round4-1.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 199

Remove ads