• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)

Leif

Adventurer
Faustus, Tiefling Avenger

: "Here's a start. Hope to see you all back soon, don't get yourselves killed out there" she says cheerfully.
Faustus says, "We'll do our best, Milady. Oh, and thanks for the warnings and the good wishes." ;) OOC: Not sure if 'winking' at her is well-advised, but Faustus figures that if worst comes to worst he can always claim the defense of 'ignorance.'

OOC: BTW, Scotley is unavailable to post at the moment as he's on the road in the wild and wooly portions of North Central/Northeast Arkansas at the moment on his way to my house. :D

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

"One more thing before you go, Lady Catarina: have you received any word of the sorts of creatures that are infesting the regions that we are tasked with clearing? I was thinking that it might be wise for us to start with some of the less fearsome ones, and save the deadliest ones for a bit later in our campaign against these uncivilized brutes." This is said with apparent total disregard of Faustus's own 'uncivilized, brutish' appearance and demeanor.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=ooc]Mowgli - I was not able to find the history that you refer to, or did you just mean your backstory. [/sblock]

[sblock=HoM]I was talking about the info r1g put in the spoiler here. Figured since Ruarc is a native and rolled well enough on his check to have the info he could play 'tour guide' and fill everyone in. That way even if they don't make their checks they have the info.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"One more thing before you go, Lady Catarina: have you received any word of the sorts of creatures that are infesting the regions that we are tasked with clearing? I was thinking that it might be wise for us to start with some of the less fearsome ones, and save the deadliest ones for a bit later in our campaign against these uncivilized brutes." This is said with apparent total disregard of Faustus's own 'uncivilized, brutish' appearance and demeanor.

"I can certainly tell you what the trappers and hunters have been saying, but nothing will be certain until you complete the mapping unfortunately. They have mentioned that there are groups of kobolds in the area and mites as well. Neither are dangerous on their own, but in groups they can be deadly. Kobolds are known for their traps and the mites for both their uncanny senses and their affinity for vermin. The one thing we are sure of is to the far south there lay tribes of trolls and other more dangerous creatures, which provide a buffer between our lands and those of Mivon, of the River Kingdoms. Beyond those natural creatures, there are, of course, the bandits that you will be requested to deal with" Catarina replies.

Leif

Adventurer

"I can certainly tell you what the trappers and hunters have been saying, but nothing will be certain until you complete the mapping unfortunately. They have mentioned that there are groups of kobolds in the area and mites as well. Neither are dangerous on their own, but in groups they can be deadly. Kobolds are known for their traps and the mites for both their uncanny senses and their affinity for vermin. The one thing we are sure of is to the far south there lay tribes of trolls and other more dangerous creatures, which provide a buffer between our lands and those of Mivon, of the River Kingdoms. Beyond those natural creatures, there are, of course, the bandits that you will be requested to deal with" Catarina replies.
"Thank you kindly, Milady," replies the Tiefling.

[sblock=HoM]I was talking about the info r1g put in the spoiler here. Figured since Ruarc is a native and rolled well enough on his check to have the info he could play 'tour guide' and fill everyone in. That way even if they don't make their checks they have the info.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mowgli]And it is greatly appreciated, too![/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Bandits, eh?" Ezmerelda mused. "Your average bandit is a bit like an insurgent. Not much more than a farmer or cutpurse with a bit of militia training or schooling under rogue army officers. The trouble is when a whole mercenary unit goes bankrupt and turns to banditry...that's bad news." She nodded sagely.

"Well this ought to be interesting. I usually stick to the sea, but...a thousand gold for some exploring and fighting a few bandits...that'll get me ashore."

Scotley

Hero
Mari

"I too prefer the feel of a rolling deck beneath my feet, but this should be a good bit of sport. So Catarina, where did the bandits come from. Are they deserters from wars between north and south or are they failed settlers in the stolen lands or perhaps something else. Knowing something of who they are might prove useful. "

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Scorpius listens intently to the information offered, keeping to himself. Considering this area needs to be mapped because people rarely go there I'm sure this information may be misleading. . . at best.

renau1g

First Post
"I too prefer the feel of a rolling deck beneath my feet, but this should be a good bit of sport. So Catarina, where did the bandits come from. Are they deserters from wars between north and south or are they failed settlers in the stolen lands or perhaps something else. Knowing something of who they are might prove useful. "

"Unfortunately, we have little to go on and I really don't know where they come from, but banditry's been a long-standing problem there." She replies, looking at the rest of the group to see if there's any more questions.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads