[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Remember, be as explicit/specific in describing your actions as you want the outcome to be. More detailed actions are more likely to yield more detailed results, insight, reward, and/or danger. Vague actions are more likely to yield just danger ;).

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Remember, be as explicit/specific in describing your actions as you want the outcome to be. More detailed actions are more likely to yield more detailed results, insight, reward, and/or danger. Vague actions are more likely to yield just danger ;).

OOC: Were my description detailed enough? Taking exactly the same way as before, this time taking 10 (should be possible), but avoiding the trigger on the other side. Slow posting on this weekend.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Riardon screws up his courage. The wall to the side of the pit is crumbling, and footing is not sure. He has to back up and try again at points, but he finally manages to skirt the pit without falling,...and without setting off any traps.[sblock=Athletics (Just for the drama)]:
First 3 attempts get him to AD9 without falling.
The following two attempts get him across with out falling.
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
WalrynsLayerRound8.png
[/sblock]
GM: OK.Fenwick, Mervin, Rujah, & Gensai to go...

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
Fenwick moves up to the edge of the pit. "Anything to tie rope on?" he calls to Riardon. "Make climbing easier for everyone!"

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"I'm strong enough to hold the rope myself. We shouldn't risk me stepping on another pressure plate... or maybe binding it to a torch mounting that is maybe also a lever..." Riardon responds, warping one end of the rope around his arms and bracing himself.

[sblock=OOC]

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 19 Insight: 14 Low-light Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 19 Reflex 19 Will 17
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 54 / 54 Bloodied: 27
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:13 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
Fenwick holds the other end of the rope, hopefully making it easier for his companions to cross the pit without falling in.

"Fenwick wait until last, because of superior athletic prowess."

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: So we have two anchors. Do we have a climber?

Athletics Checks:

• Anchors: DC 12 (Rolled) I imagine you'll make this with a +10 each, but there's always a chance something will go wrong ;)
  • Climbers: DC 15 (Rolled)

Failure:

• Anchor: Both the anchoring character who failed the check and the climber fall into the pit taking 1d10 damage each at a spot 1d6 squares across the pit.
  • Climber: The climber falls into the pit taking 1d110 damage at a spot 1d6 squares across the pit.
Each anchor and the climber must roll once for each climb attempt. Thus each climber rolls only once, but Fenwick and Riardon must roll once for each climber (total of three times).

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

Riardon holds his position and the rope like he is anchored to the floor.

[sblock=OOC]

shall we do a short rest before this? There seems to be no rush and some of us were hit in the snake fight.

Hold the rope (1d20+10=21, 1d20+10=25, 1d20+10=29)

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 19 Insight: 14 Low-light Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 19 Reflex 19 Will 17
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 54 / 54 Bloodied: 27
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:13 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Yeah, might as well rest.

So we get a +10 to our athletics check for a DC 12? Well I have the worst possible athletics - I add 1 - and I cannot fail the check (since even if I rolled a one, I add a total of 11). So do I need to roll?[/sblock]

Remove ads