[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
The party spends some time to arrange itself before entering the opening in the rock. Riardon takes the lead with TikChik, but before they can cross the threshhold, they hear rustling in the vines overhead.

The warlord has barely enough time to react, let alone warn the others. Vines lash out at the Eladrin, but his quick reflexes keep him from harm. Likewise, Gensai manages to squirm out of the vine's lithe grasp. Unfortunately, TikChik and the others are not so lucky.

Tendrils snake their way around the remainder of the party, thorns biting into exposed skin.

They all soon realize that this entrance is guarded by more than just a riddle.[sblock=Surprise Round]Ambush Vine:
Standard: Lashing Vines
Target 1: Riardon
Attack 1: 1d20+20+2(Surprise)= 23 vs. Reflex Miss
Target 2: TikChik
Attack 2: 1d20+20+2(Surprise)=39 vs. Reflex Hit
Target 3: Gensai
Attack 3: 1d20+20+2(Surprise)=23 vs. Reflex Miss
Target 4: Sheng
Attack 4: 1d20+20+2(Surprise)=33 vs. Reflex Hit
Target 5: Max
Attack 5: 1d20+20+2(Surprise)=32 vs. Reflex Hit
Target 6: Phoenix
Attack 6: 1d20+20+2(Surprise)=27 vs. Reflex Hit
Damage: 2d8+6=16 damage
[/sblock][sblock=Status]Phoenix: H10 50/66HP 9/9HS 1AP
Riardon: E10 90/90HP 9/9HS 1AP
Gensai: F9 94/94HP 12/12HS 1AP
TikChik: F10 54/70HP 7/7HS 1AP
Sheng: F11 68/84HP 9/9HS 1AP
Max: G10 34/50HP 7/7HS 1AP

Ambush Vine: C9-D10 308/308HP
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
RiocParvelRound2.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Stats]
AmbushVine.png

AmbushVineShoot.png
[/sblock][sblock=Someone's Map] @Someone : Tell me if you can snag these from your browser. If not, I can e-mail them to you.
RiocParvelForSomeone-1.png

Token pictures:

Gensai
Jin3.png

Phoenix:
Phoenix2.png

Riardon:
Riardon2.png

Sheng:
Sheng.png

TikChik:
Tikchik.png

Max:
FlamboyantMax.png

Sorry. the pictures have different resolutions, and therefore different sizes. You'll have to scale them as you see fit.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
"My clothes!" cries Max.

OOC: Map is fine, thanks

[sblock=mini-stats] Max, human mage 8
Initiative: +8, Passive perception: 14, Passive Insight: 19
Defenses: AC: 24, Fort: 18, Ref: 23, Will: 22
HP: 36/50, Bloodied: 25, Surge value: 13, Surges/day: 7/7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Elven
AP: 1
Powers:
Magic missile, Beguiling Strands, Hypnotism, Phantom Cage
Grasping Shadows, Maze of Mirrors, Phantom Foes, Shield, Noble Presence
Phantom Chasm, Visions of Avarice, Wizard's Escape, Majestic Word, Repulsion armor, Bracers of Escape[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"What the hell!?" Phoenix shouts, instinctively lashing out at the plant with fire.

OOC: 11 fire damage to the plant, 28 Init for Phoenix.

[sblock=Actions]No Action: When hit by the Vine: Infernal Wrath: The vine takes 1d6+10=11 fire damage.
Initiative: 2d20+9=28.

Immediate Actions: If an attack that hit Phoenix would miss if her AC/Reflex were 4 higher, she triggers Shield to make the attack miss.

[sblock=Phoenix's Statblock]Phoenix, Female Tiefling Mage/Master of Flame 11
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 22
AC: 24, Fort:21, Reflex: 24, Will:24, Resist Fire 10 -- Speed:6
HP:50/66, Bloodied:33, Surge Value:16, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +9(x2), Action Points: 1
MBA: +9 AC, 1d4+1 damage. RBA: Range 20, 11 force damage.

Powers: Magic Missile, Scorching Burst, Hypnotism, Infernal Wrath, Burning Spray, Fire Shroud, Ardent Rain, Fire Burst, Fanning the Flames, Shield, Phoenix Step, Second Wind, Flaming Sphere, Summon Magma Beast, Summon Hell Hound, Fire Shield
Items: Spidersilk Mantle, Dagger of Speed, Healing Potion x 1, Flame Bracers

Notes: *Phoenix does not provoke OAs for Ranged or Area attacks. *Phoenix's attacks ignore fire resistance. *Phoenix gains +1 to hit and +2 damage against bloodied foes. *Phoenix does +1d6+2d8 damage and 12 ongoing fire damage on a crit.[/sblock][/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
"Spread out!" Gensai said, sounding like the warlord barking orders. "Keeps your eyes... or whatever, on me."

The swordmage stepped in closer, in a crouching defensive posture, and whipped his blade from the scabbard. It made a clap of thunder, the wave slicing a tip off one of the vines.

"Stay."

OOC:
FYI
Bolstering Sigil: Any Ally adjacent to you gains +2 to all defenses.

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]

[sblock=Action Block]
Minor: AoS Mark on Vine-thing

Move:
shift to E8 (+1 AC/Ref)

Standard:
Booming Blade
Attack: 1d20+16=31
Damage: 1d8+7=10
Effect: if the target is adjacent to you at the start of its next turn and moves away during that turn, it takes 1d6+4=5 thunder damage
[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 11
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: +15, Passive Insight: +20

Defenses:

AC: 29, Fort: 25, Reflex: 26, Will: 26 -- Speed: 6

Properties:
Superior Fortitude Feat: resist 6 to ongoing damage
Energizing Sigil: When you spend an action point, 1 ally within 5 squares can roll a saving throw against each effect on him/her that a save can end.
Bolstering Sigil: Any Ally adjacent to you gains +2 to all defenses.

Vitality:
HP: 94/94, THP: 0/5 Bloodied: 47, Surge Value: 23, Surges left: 12/12
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +16 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+7
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +16 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+7 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte, Boots of the Fencing Master (Move Effect)
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Aegis Sigil, Argent Rain, Dimensional Vortex, Echoes of Sword Magic, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Armathor's Step, Warded Vambraces, Periapt of Cascading Health, Boots of the Fencing Master, Fireheart Tattoo AP, Githweave Armor Power
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Hellspike Assault, Impenetrable Warding, Circlet of Mental Onslaught, Fey Strike Teleport, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities. Here's what the Periapt of Cascading Health looks like.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: [MENTION=85539]Tenchuu[/MENTION]: I'll need an initiative roll. You can save that action until Gensai's turn...or I'll let you completely reroll if it makes no sense at that time.]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng takes a calculated step forward, jumps in the air backwards, "Hum!" sending a demolishing kick to the plant creature, and landing behind the group "Heia!".

[sblock=Actions]Initiative: 16
Crane's wings: 31 vs AC for 10 dmg
Athletics to jump to H9: 25[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: Are we just rolling initiative right now or taking our first turns?

If you post the monster's init with their surprise round, then anyone who beats it can take their first turn rather than waiting for everyone to roll init then seeing if they go before the monsters...

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

Riardon stands ready to cut this plant down to size.

OOC: One of you may shift half your speed -> Battlefront Shift.

[sblock=OOC]
sheet is roughly finished. Have still to update the summary, tracking and equipment

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +2 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 22 Insight: 17 Low-light Vision
AC 30 Fortitude 26 Reflex 26 Will 23
Initiative: +6
Hit Points: 90 / 90 Bloodied: 45
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:22 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 3/3, Battlefront Shift, Blink Away, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Lion's Roar, Feystep Assault, Feystep, Rousing Words, Convey Ally, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Warlord's Recovery, Strength of Conviction, Dwarven Armor, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Tikchik looks at the vines, his head taking them in. "Hey, I don't want to be dinner of no plant, I eat plants for breakfast, not eat me" Tikchik says as he struggles against the vines.

Remove ads