[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Someone

Adventurer
[MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION] would you mind if I edit my turn slightly? I won't change the attack powers used or the enemies' final positions, just Max's movement and out of turn actions.

Tenchuu

First Post
"Follow me!" Gensai yelled as he backed away, clanging his sword against his scabbard to attract its attention and draw it away from the group.

OOC:
FYI
Bolstering Sigil: Any Ally adjacent to you gains +2 to all defenses.

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]

[sblock=Action Block]
Free: HS from WD. +23hp

Minor:
AoS Mark on Vine-thing

Move:
walk to H18 (+1 AC/Ref)

Standard:
Second Wind +23hp

[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 11
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: +15, Passive Insight: +20

Defenses:

AC: 29, Fort: 25, Reflex: 26, Will: 26 -- Speed: 6

Properties:
Superior Fortitude Feat: resist 6 to ongoing damage
Energizing Sigil: When you spend an action point, 1 ally within 5 squares can roll a saving throw against each effect on him/her that a save can end.
Bolstering Sigil: Any Ally adjacent to you gains +2 to all defenses.

Vitality:
HP: 78/94, THP: 0/5 Bloodied: 47, Surge Value: 23, Surges left: 10/12
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: used

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +16 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+7
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +16 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+7 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte, Boots of the Fencing Master (Move Effect)
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Aegis Sigil, Argent Rain, Dimensional Vortex, Echoes of Sword Magic, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Armathor's Step, Warded Vambraces, Periapt of Cascading Health, Boots of the Fencing Master, Fireheart Tattoo AP, Githweave Armor Power
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Hellspike Assault, Impenetrable Warding, Circlet of Mental Onslaught, Fey Strike Teleport, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities. Here's what the Periapt of Cascading Health looks like.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
The vine, now burns freely, but even in its death throes, the verdant guardian proves a menacing adversary. Four new shoots cut their way through the cracks in the flagstones that once decorated the dais, wraping their insidious appendages around Gensai, nearly squeezing the breath out of the ronin. New shoots also attack Sheng and Phoenix, rooting their feet to the ground, unable to escape. For TikChik, the attacks are too much. Things go black, and he falls.

The wolves, howl in frustration, having been twarted in their attempt at a meal. One wolf, engulfed in Phoenix's flames, is frightened into motionless indecision, faced with the prospect of burning. The only thing it can do is lash out at the hell hound nearby.

Another wolf finds Phoenix to be the target of its frustration. Teeth bared, it charges headlong at the unhorned tiefling, ripping flesh with its teeth. Phoenix falls to the ground nearly dead. The wolf's vengence, however, is interrupted by a plume of flame that erupts from the fallen mage, singing hte wolf, sending it howling. Phoenix continues to breathe shallowly, as the wolf shakes off the flames. The other adventurers know, that they have only moments to act before the wolf begins to dine on its 'kill'.

The third wolf is nowhere to be found. It may have run off, or perhaps it is just biding its time watching from just out of sight, in the shadows of the forest.
GM: @renau1g : TikChik is restrained. He stays at E9, so your rolls don't matter anyway. Just to be nice, I'll roll your save instead of applying your first attack roll to it ;). 1d20=5. Dude. It is NOT your lucky day. Since you didn't blow your standard, you can second wind if you like.
@Voda Vosa : From Sheng's vantage point, Burning Spray (CB3) can only hit Shoot 1 and Shoot 2.
@Walking Dad : Riardon ended his turn in Phoenix's fire zone and thus takes 3 damage
@Tenchuu : Gensai is Restrained, so he stays at F9. Save vs. Restrained: 1d20=16. Ouch Ren. That's gotta hurt. Good news for Gensai though.

BTW: Remember, vine shoot victims are restrained, not grabbed. Restraint lasts even after the vine shoots die. To picture this, imagine the vines tangling their prey and tying themselves off, leaving the victim restrained, yet the vine free to move.
[sblock=Enemy Actions]Ambush Vine:

Triggered Action: Rapid Growth (Forgot to do this last round, so I'll do it now)
Sprouts vine shoots at K11 and F8

Minor: Sprout Vine at F10

Minor: Sprout Vine at D10

Standard: Lashing Vines
Target 1: Riardon
Attack 1: 1d20+20=34 vs. Reflex Hit
Target 2: Gensai
Attack 2: 1d20+20=32 vs. Reflex Hit
Target 3: TikChik
Attack 3: 1d20+20=37 vs. Reflex Hit
Target 4: Hell Hound
Attack 4: 1d20+20=32 vs. Reflex Hit
Damage: 2d8+6=17 damage. Gensai takes an extra 1d8=6 damage because he is restrained.

Takes 3 Fire damage from first zone
Takes 3 Fire damage from second zone
Save vs. Immobilized: 1d20=13

Ambush Vine Shoot 1:
Standard: Wrapping Vines
Target: Phoenix
Attack: 1d20+20=35 vs. Fortitude for 12 damage and Phoenix is restrained (and thus immobilized).

As a result of the hit, AVS1 bursts into flames and is consumed...not even going to roll.

Ambush Vine Shoot 2:
Target: Gensai
Attack: 1d20+20+2(Flanking)=29 vs. Fortitude for 12 damage and Gensai is restrained (and thus immobilized).

Ambush Vine Shoot 3:
Target: Gensai
Attack: 1d20+20+2(Flanking)=34 vs. Fortitude for 12 damage

Move: to F11

Ambush Vine Shoot 4:
Target: Sheng
Attack: 1d20+20=31 vs. Fortitude for 12 damage and Sheng is restrained (and thus immobilized).

Cunning Packwolf 1:
Recharge Leaping Charge: 1d6=4

Standard: Charge to L11-M12
Target: Poenix
Attack: 1d20+21+1(Charge)=42 Crit! for 47 damage and Phoenix is unconscious and still restrained

CPW1 takes 1d6+14=19 fire damage

Cunning Packwolf 2:
Recharge Leaping Charge: 1d6=1

Move: to Who-Knows
Stealth: 1d20+19=32
Hidden

Cunning Packwolf 3:
Recharge Leaping Charge: 1d6=2

Free: Take 5 Fire damage

Standard: Bite
Target: Hell Hound
Attack: 1d20+21=31 vs. AC for 3d8+15=25 damage

Save vs. Immobilized: 1d20=6 Fail

[/sblock][sblock=Status]Phoenix: K13 -32/66HP 9/9HS 1AP, Unconscious (and boy is she lucky), Restrained (Save Ends), Shield readied, +2 to Defenses TSNT Phoenix, Enemies take 1d6+14 fire damage on hit, Pyromancy Zone G6-K10 deals 3 damage to creatures that end their turn in it UENT Phoenix, Second Zone I6-K8 does the same
Riardon: G8 35/90HP 9/9HS 1AP, Bloodied
Gensai: F9 31/94HP 11/12HS 1AP, Bloodied Restrained (Save Ends, -2 to Save)
TikChik: E9-7/70HP 7/7HS 1AP, Unconscious
Sheng: C10 61/84HP 9/9HS 1AP, Restrained (Save -2 Ends)
Max: B11 47/50HP 6/7HS 0AP
Hell Hound: J5 8/33HP, Bloodied

Ambush Vine: H6-I7 44/308HP, Bloodied, Prone (really? A vine? prone?), TikChik's quarry, -2 to Attack Max TENT Max, Marked by Gensai's Aegis of Shielding
Ambush Vine Shoot 1 Dead
Ambush Vine Shoot 2: Dead
Ambush Vine Shoot 1: Dead
Ambush Vine Shoot 1: F8 Minion
Ambush Vine Shoot 3: F11 Minion
Ambush Vine Shoot 4: D10 Minion
Cunning Packwolf 1: L11-M12, 104/158, -2 to Attack Max TENT Max
Cunning Packwolf 2: ??, 150/158, -2 to Attack Max TENT Max
Cunning Packwolf 3: K6-L7, 92/158, -2 to Attack Max TENT Max, Immobilized (Save Ends)
[/sblock][sblock=Terrain]The forest and obstacles in the clearing are difficult terrain, unless you have Wild Step or Forest Walk.

The forest provides total concealment.

The rock wall is rough, natural stone, but has no obvious stopping places. It can be climbed with an athletics DC 25 (no DC for creatures with Spider Climb or Burrow). Creatures without Spiderclimb/Burrow who are on the wall grant CA and suffer a penalty of -5 to magical attacks that require a weaopon or implement. MM, obviously, is still an automatic hit.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
RiocParvelRound8-1.png
[/sblock][sblock=Ambush Vine]
AmbushVine.png

[/sblock][sblock=Ambush Vine Shoot]

AmbushVineShoot.png
[/sblock][sblock=Cunning Packwolf]
CunningPackwolf.png
[/sblock][sblock=Stang's Stats]
StangShortBlock.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Is this the new turn? If so, you may notice that I changed my last post slightly. Max ended at B11 which is next to Sheng. I don't think the wolf could reach me there.

Also, if you're going to use some AoE in your turn it'd be a good idea to wait until I post my actions. Sustaining Visions of avarice will probably bunch most of the enemies together

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: This assumes Max is at B11, unthreatened. If not, ignore most of the post

Two of the wolves and some of the animated plants gather around the illusion Max created earlier. Though they are vulnerable now the terrified mage can't do much else and flees into the cave.

OOC: Summary: Packwolf 1 is now at J8, and vine shoot 3 is at I8.

[sblock=actions]
Minor: sustain Visions of avarice. The secondary attack only hits packwolf 1 and vine shoot 3. The wolf is pulled to J8/K9, and grants combat advantage to Max TENT (gloves effect) and the shoot is pulled to I8. They're not immobilized (that's only with the primary attack). Both enemies are at a -2 penalty to hit Max TENT (illusion apprentice class feature)
Standard: Hypnotism on packwolf 1, roll includes combat advantage. It fails to hit. Bad rolls this round.
Move: further north, beyond the corner.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Max, human mage 8
Initiative: +8, Passive perception: 14, Passive Insight: 19
Defenses: AC: 24, Fort: 18, Ref: 23, Will: 22
HP: 47/50, Bloodied: 25, Surge value: 13, Surges/day: 6/7 Speed: 6 squares
Languages: Common, Elven
AP: 0
Powers:
Magic missile, Beguiling Strands, Hypnotism, Phantom Cage
Grasping Shadows, Maze of Mirrors, Phantom Foes, Shield, Noble Presence
Phantom Chasm, Visions of Avarice, Wizard's Escape, Majestic Word, Repulsion armor, Bracers of Escape[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads