[Adventure] Leader of the Pack ( DM: Velmont, Judge: ??? )

"You can't expect fake wizard who thinks he can hide his lack of knowledge with general unpleasantness to know such things. I bet he read about some layer of Khyber and misconstrued some info.

If there weren't for our efforts, you'd be overrun with Khyber forces long time ago. We didn't (and still don't) have any Gatekeepers to close the doors we're holding ours by strenght of arms and magic."

WEContact

First Post
"If there weren't for our efforts, you'd be overrun with Khyber forces long time ago. We didn't (and still don't) have any Gatekeepers to close the doors we're holding ours by strength of arms and magic."

Khazin looks up sharply. "You are of the Gatekeepers? Will you tell me more of your clan?"

Khazin looks up sharply. "You are of the Gatekeepers? Will you tell me more of your clan?"

The umbragen looks at Khazin as if he just fell out the sky. Then turns back to Deimos.

"Do your books say anything about this planar people having reverse understanding of yes and no?"

OOC: [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION], check my post again (" We didn't (and still don't) have any Gatekeepers " - it means Bellegon is not the gatekeeper (druid) and his clan is gatekeeper only in a sense of fighting things that come out of Khyber - but thanks for the opportunity to be more unplesant :D

Merry Christmas everyone!

WEContact

First Post
Khazin's face is hidden behind his mask, and he does not visibly react to Bellagon's antagonism. "I misspoke. My own people are in a similar position, holding a gate that the Gatekeepers are unable to maintain themselves. Will you tell me more of your clan? Are they threatened by illithids as we were?"

Bellegon finally turns toward the avenger, some interest registering in his dark eyes.
(OOC: if you know the drow (or have Nature sufficiently high) you can tell that his eyes are unnatural - total black and shiny skin is not something sported by 'normal' drow - and he has no scars or tattoos)

"Cannot tell you more, you're not of us. But I can tell you that, yes, we are threatened by illithids, beholders, demons, undead, beasts of the deep, duergar and every possible perversion of normal creatures Khyber is capable of creating. They are increasing their pressure in the last decade or so. I'm sent to the surface to create an army and bring capable individuals to stem the tide. We WILL be overrun if they continue pouring out the numbers they have.

I'm on the surface for two and a half decades so things may have grown more desperate in the meantime.

You WERE threatened, that implies the threat is over. Is that true? How did you close the gate?"

WEContact

First Post
Bellegon finally turns toward the avenger, some interest registering in his dark eyes.
(OOC: if you know the drow (or have Nature sufficiently high) you can tell that his eyes are unnatural - total black and shiny skin is not something sported by 'normal' drow - and he has no scars or tattoos)

"Cannot tell you more, you're not of us. But I can tell you that, yes, we are threatened by illithids, beholders, demons, undead, beasts of the deep, duergar and every possible perversion of normal creatures Khyber is capable of creating. They are increasing their pressure in the last decade or so. I'm sent to the surface to create an army and bring capable individuals to stem the tide. We WILL be overrun if they continue pouring out the numbers they have.

I'm on the surface for two and a half decades so things may have grown more desperate in the meantime.

You WERE threatened, that implies the threat is over. Is that true? How did you close the gate?"
OOC: Nature is only +6, but he grew up guarding one of the gates in Khyber, so he knows enough about drow to know you're unusual.

"Our community is threatened by illithids far more than it is by anything else," Khazin answers. "Last I heard, we still held our fortress against them, but the paranoia doing so takes its toll. I went missing during routine reconnaissance, and I became a security risk. I was expelled- our gate was not closed and the threat is not over, but neither are mine any longer."

OOC: I'm assuming that this conversation is occurring on the way to the Lightning Rail, and that as soon as @Velmont as time for an update he will describe our arrival?

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
The group enter the lightning rail station and have no difficulty to find Merkion. He seems to be the responsible of the station. What annoy some member of the group, it is the must wait twenty minutes before having a chance to speak with him.

"So, what do you want?"

As you state you want to go to Greenblade and he owe something to Teregor, the man sigh. "I though he would ask for one or two at a time, not six... well if that make me clear with him, wait a moment."

The group wait another thirty minutes, but this time, in a large private living room installed there for high rank guest, but it seems no one else occupy it. After a few moment with the servant, the more wise of the group understand that Merkion seems to isolate you from the other guest as you wouldn't fit with high ranked persons.

He then come back. "Here, six business class tickets on the lightning rail to Passage. From there, you'll take the airship to Xandrar and then you'll be able to travel with a caravan heading toward Sylbaran and going through Greenblade. I also made clear you will be able to come back that way if you wish. The caravan will go back to Xandrar six days later. If you miss it, you'll have to head back on your own means. And tell Teregor, next time you see him, that we are even now."

The group travel the next week in a comfortable seat on the lightning rail. The airship travel is a little harder but at least, it is fast. The last stretch is more tiring as the group travel by land on horses. Also, the weather start to be colder in the northern part of the continent, and they even wake up the day before their arrival surrounded by a thin carpet of snow.

When they finally reach Greenblade, the night have just fallen. The caravan leader stop at an Inn at the edge of the city. The party is raging in the Common Room while the night is quite and the carpet of snow glow under the blue light of a nearly full moon.

"Do humans ever do anything but party?" asks the warlock exasperated.

"With luck there won't be any rooms to be had."

He walks in, his small frame soon lost in bigger human crowd. Still, one can follow a ripple around him as his exotic appearance draws attention, both of female thrill seekers and various tough and/or jelaous men.

But even the bravest need only one look into those black eyes for their knees to turn to jelly and he unchallenged comes on the bar.

"Tavern keeper, we need the rooms for six. Minimum three, for male, female and one unsuferable. He can get the smallest and poorest you have. Unless you got everything arranged for us? Teregor and Merkion sent us."

Remove ads