• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Little Workshop of Horrors (Judge: stonegod)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
GM: The swarm is dead, btw. And yes, they are, but only the ones from Dragon. No Neverwinter or Dark Sun themes.

Thanks. I'll work in hospitaler (obviously :) ) in the next level up.

Can anyone grant me CA against the golem so I put Iron to Glass on it? Let's hope there aren't worse enemies then this.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
OOC: Moses could if he uses his daily to Stun the golem. But it's unlikely to actually hit ... So he'll probably just be dazed ... still ... do we want him to pull out his daily? It's all of us vs 1 golem.

Last edited:

Neurotic

OOC: I don't know. How many others can there be? I didn't even start with healing yet, so maybe we wait for a bit, eh? Just hit it with what you've got, I'll go last, get within 5 from each other so I can healer's mercy or grant thp as needed. thanks

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION] I'd like to ready Disruptive Strike for use in Vat Golem's next attack. Thanks!

Belanaar turns around, surprised at the entrance of the massive construct. "Ugh. I should've known there'd be more... Why did I waste my good arrows?"

He whips out two of his arrows that seem to be of acceptable quality. He fires them toward the golem, one after the other, before backpedaling to his allies behind him.

"Canus, you old fool! Get back!"

[sblock=Mechanics]
Minor: Hunter's Quarry on Vat Golem.

Standard: Twin Strike on Vat Golem. Hits AC 22 for 28 damage.

[sblock=rolls]
Attack Rolls: 1d20+11=22, 1d20+11=22

Damage Rolls: 1d12+3=12, 1d12+3=10

Quarry Roll: 1d6=6[/sblock]

Move: Walk to M10[/sblock]

[sblock=Belanaar]Belanaar Zalyth Male Elf Archer-Ranger 4
Initiative: +7
Passive Perception: 24
Passive Insight: 15
Senses: Normal
AC:21
Fort:16
Reflex:20
Will:17
HP:22/40
Bloodied:20
Surge Value:10
Surges left:6/7
Action Points: 0

Powers:

Twin Strike
Nimble Strike

Two-Fanged Strike [x]
Invigorating Stride [x]
Disruptive Strike [ ]
Elven Accuracy [ ]

Sure Shot [x]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [x]

Cloak of Resistance +2 [ ]

Frost Weapon +1

Conditions:

+1 to all defenses against Vat Golem.

[sblock=Important Features] Predator's Hide +1: When you hit a target you have designated with your Hunter's Quarry class feature, you gain a +1 bonus to all defenses against attacks by the designated quarry until the end of your next turn.

Group Awareness: You grant non-elf allies within 5 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to Perception checks.

Wild Step: You ignore difficult terrain when you shift (even if you have a power that allows you to shift multiple squares).

Hunter's Quarry: Once per turn as a minor action, you can designate the enemy nearest to you as your quarry. Once per round, you deal an extra 1d6 damage to your quarry. If you can make multiple attacks in a round, you decide which attack to apply the extra damage to after all the attacks are rolled. The hunter’s quarry effect remains active until the end of the encounter, until the quarry is defeated, or until you designate a different target as your quarry. You can designate one enemy as your quarry at a time.

Prime Shot: If none of your allies are nearer to your target than you are, you receive a +1 bonus to ranged attack rolls against that target.

Defensive Mobility: You gain a +2 bonus to AC against opportunity attacks.

Weapon Proficiency: +2 to attack roll with Greatbows.

Weapon Focus: +1 to damage roll with Bows.

Bow Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls that you make with a bow. In addition, you gain a +1 bonus to the damage roll of any weapon attack you make with a bow against a single creature that is not adjacent to any other creature.
[/sblock] [/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
OOC: Best not to wait on Pentius at the moment. In another thread we play in, he wrote that his grandmother is very very ill. I imagine his absence is related to that. Maybe THB could NPC him for now?

Neurotic

Venakhad moves forward just a bit, to include most of his allies in the effect he plans on dropping onto the golem when it inevitably charges in. For now, he prays silently and light plays around the golem with faint tinkling sound. When it quiets down, the golem doesn't seem any worse for wear. Those perceptive enough may notice slight glow around it's fists and weapons, but it's very faint. It looks like it's wearing padded gloves.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: L12
Standard: Iron to Glass vs Golem Ref (1d20+10=24) - probably a hit
Until the end of the encounter the target takes -4 penalty to melee damage rolls. Whenever the target hits with melee attack, penalty worsens by 2 to maximum of -10.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
The golem raises a mostly-mechanical arm towards Canus. More electricity coils down the limb and into the hexblade, causing more pain than actual damage. The construct then lumbers further into the room and sends a much more powerful blast into Venakhad, nearly knocking the priest off his feet.

[sblock=Status]
Belanaar: 22/40
Canus: 25/40, dazed
kal'Tarron: 51/56+4
Moses: 38/38
Venakhad: 9/49, bloodied, dazed

Vat Golem: -41, quarried, -4 to melee damage rolls

Canus uses Eldritch Bolt, critting, naturally. So, that's 19+4 acid damage. Except the golem has 5 acid resist. Didn't think that would come up, but there you go.

The golem attacks Canus, hitting Reflex 19 for 4 lightning damage, and Canus is dazed until the end of the golem's next turn. The golem then moves down, and spends an action point to attack Venakhad, hitting Reflex 18 for 11 lightning damage, and Venakhad is also dazed.[/sblock]

[sblock=Monster Info]
Clockwork Swarm
AC 20 | F 16 | R 16 | W 14
Half damage from range and melee
Vuln 10 close and area
Aura 1: An enemy starting his turn in the aura is subject to a MBA.
MBA: +9 vs Ref, 1d8+5 damage and the target is immobilized until the start of the swarm's next turn.

Charged Corpse
Minion
AC 18 | F 19 | R 18 | W ?
MBA: +11 vs AC, 5 damage

Vat Golem
AC 18 | F ? | R 16 | W ?
Resist: 5 acid
MBA: ?
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Furnace_r4.jpg
    Furnace_r4.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 102

jbear

First Post
Moses sends another peal of thunder exploding behind the golem head ...

Tears begin to stream from Moses' eyes as the thunder sounds like a weakly banging door at best.

"Why ... why have you forsaken me?"

OOC: Speechless

Last edited:

Remove ads