[Adventure] Little Workshop of Horrors (Judge: stonegod)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=GROMkill]You can only quarry your closest enemy, so Fleshforged 1 or 2 are legal targets, but not 3. I assume you meant to target #2, since you included your Bow Expertise damage.[/sblock]

Riann strides forward to defend the other corridor. Although his attacks find nor purchase, he is still able to catch their focus.

The biped constructs lash out at those closest to them with surprising accuracy. Some attack with blades and vicious-looking hooks bolted directly to their flesh, while others attack with their bare hands. Regardless of their weapons, they are able to distract their targets from any other foe. Worse still, the construct that had been badly damaged by kal'Tarron seems to be rapidly restoring itself, cables and metal plating moving to cover ruined flesh.

Meanwhile, the two misshapen constructs begin to arch their backs, as though they were horrific cats with far too many legs. Electricity begins to build up along the rods across their backs before being discharged down the corridor into the group of adventurers. Venakhad and Belanaar easily dodge the first such attack, but the second catches the elf, along with Canus and kal'Tarron. Fortunately, the blast was not a strong one.

[sblock=Status]
Belanaar: 34/40
Canus: 26/40, marked by Fleshforged 3
kal'Tarron: 42/56, marked by Fleshforged 1
Riann: 46/62, marked by Fleshforged 4
Venakhad: 49/49

Fleshforged 1: -36+14, bloodied, Oathed
Fleshforged 2: -16, Quarried, Aegised
Fleshforged 3:
Fleshforged 4:
Flesh Mortar 1:
Flesh Mortar 2:

Riann moves up and Swordbursts on Fleshforged 2 and 4, but misses both. With rolls like that, it's like ren's here in spirit. He then Aegises Fleshforged 2.

Fleshforged 1 uses *cough* Fleshforged Resolve to gain 14 thp. It then attacks kal'Tarron, hitting AC 24 for 10 damage, and kal'Tarron is marked until the end of the Fleshforged's next turn.

Fleshforged 2 shifts and attacks Riann, hitting AC 31 for 6 damage, and Riann is marked.

Fleshforged 3 charges Canus, hitting AC 28 for 8 damage, and Canus is marked.

Fleshforged 4 attacks Riann, hitting AC 31 for 10 damage and overriding its fellow's mark.

Flesh Mortar 1 attacks Venakhad and Belanaar with an area burst 2 attack, to no avail.

Flesh Mortar 2 attacks Belanaar, Canus, and kal'Tarron with a similar attack centered on J9. Belanaar is hit with a 22 vs Refles, Canus with a 23, and kal with a 21, for an amazing 6 lightning damage each.[/sblock]

[sblock=Monster Info]
Fleshforged
AC 20 | F ? | R 15 | W ?
MBA: +9 vs AC, 1d8+4 and the target is marked

Flesh Mortar
AC ? | F ? | R ? | W ?
MBA: ?
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Hallways_r2.jpg
    Hallways_r2.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 99

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION] Sorry to bother you again with the mention tags, but I had an important question to ask. For my Disruptive Strike, which is an Immediate Interrupt, am I able to use it after the fact, like right now? Or should I specify at the end of my turn, that if an enemy attacks, I'd like to interrupt it, and have you roll the dice? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I just am confused how Immediate Interrupts translate into PbP.

Also, what you assumed was true, sorry for the hiccup.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION] Sorry to bother you again with the mention tags, but I had an important question to ask. For my Disruptive Strike, which is an Immediate Interrupt, am I able to use it after the fact, like right now? Or should I specify at the end of my turn, that if an enemy attacks, I'd like to interrupt it, and have you roll the dice? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I just am confused how Immediate Interrupts translate into PbP.

Also, what you assumed was true, sorry for the hiccup.

GM: Immediate actions are a little tricky to convert to pbp. I prefer it if you put immediate actions in your previous turn. However, I didn't tell you this before, so if you want to use Disruptive Strike then go ahead.

rb780nm

First Post
kal'Tarron swings his axe again. He feels his blow miss, but then a sense of great age comes over him and he feels an older, wiser, version of himself reverse the swing and hack into the flesh of the creature in front of him.

OOC:
Avenging Echo on Fleshforged (1d20+12=14, 1d20+12=18, 1d12+6=18)
use Memory of thousand lifetimes (1d8=4) bonus to hit roll.

Memory of thousand lifetimes (1d8=4)

Hits AC22 for 18
Until the end of my next turn, any enemy that ends its turn adjacent to me, or that hits or misses me takes 5+4(int) radiant damage

Last edited:

GROMkill

First Post
Belanaar grabs another two arrows from his quiver, and then closes his eyes. With a chant too low for anyone else to hear, he mumbles to his greatbow, "Kylthas'tel, lend me your frozen powers. Perchance these fiends don't take well to your might." Pointing at the dismembered contraption of a creature with the tips of his arrows, Belanaar shakes his head menacingly and draws an open hand over his neck, in a cutting motion. With a shout, he nocks the two arrows and fires them with uncanny speed and accuracy.

The two arrows spiral through the air, spitting frost and a slight mist behind them as they slam into the strange husk of a creature and seem to impede it a bit. The young elf clasps his hand into a fist and shakes it in the air at the creature, a fleeting tinge of success creeping over his bitter spirits. This small victory seems to clear his mind of worry and gives him an edge, something to hold onto in this terrible situation. His mind is more at ease, he is more alert, and he crouches a bit, making himself a smaller target.

[sblock=Mechanics]

Move: Shift to J10

Free: Change damage type to Cold. (Frost Weapon feature)

Standard: Twin Strike on Fleshforged 2.

Attack Rolls: 1d20+11=28, 1d20+11=30 Sweet, good rolls :D

Damage Rolls: 1d12+2=10, 1d12+2=8

Quarry Roll: 1d6=4 Solid rolling round. Added to attack number 2.

Attack 1 hits AC 28 for 10 cold damage.
Attack 2 hits AC 30 for 12 cold damage.

I now have a +1 to all defenses against Fleshforged 2 TENT from my Predator's Hide.

Minor: No action taken

Free: Change damage type back to normal.[/sblock]
[sblock=Belanaar]Belanaar Zalyth Male Elf Archer-Ranger 4
Initiative: +7
Passive Perception: 24
Passive Insight: 15
Senses: Normal
AC:21
Fort:16
Reflex:20
Will:17
HP:34/40
Bloodied:20
Surge Value:10
Surges left:7/7
Action Points: 1

Powers:

Twin Strike
Nimble Strike

Two-Fanged Strike [ ]
Invigorating Stride [ ]
Disruptive Strike [ ]
Elven Accuracy [ ]

Sure Shot [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]

Cloak of Resistance +2 [ ]

Frost Weapon +1

Conditions:

+1 to all defenses TENT against Fleshforged 2. (Predator's hide feature)

[sblock=Important Features] Predator's Hide +1: When you hit a target you have designated with your Hunter's Quarry class feature, you gain a +1 bonus to all defenses against attacks by the designated quarry until the end of your next turn.

Group Awareness: You grant non-elf allies within 5 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to Perception checks.

Wild Step: You ignore difficult terrain when you shift (even if you have a power that allows you to shift multiple squares).

Hunter's Quarry: Once per turn as a minor action, you can designate the enemy nearest to you as your quarry. Once per round, you deal an extra 1d6 damage to your quarry. If you can make multiple attacks in a round, you decide which attack to apply the extra damage to after all the attacks are rolled. The hunter’as quarry effect remains active until the end of the encounter, until the quarry is defeated, or until you designate a different target as your quarry. You can designate one enemy as your quarry at a time.

Prime Shot: If none of your allies are nearer to your target than you are, you receive a +1 bonus to ranged attack rolls against that target.

Defensive Mobility: You gain a +2 bonus to AC against opportunity attacks.

Weapon Proficiency: +2 to attack roll with Greatbows.

Weapon Focus: +1 to damage roll with Bows.

Bow Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls that you make with a bow. In addition, you gain a +1 bonus to the damage roll of any weapon attack you make with a bow against a single creature that is not adjacent to any other creature.
[/sblock] [/sblock]

Last edited:

Pentius

First Post
As the fleshforged's strike digs into Canus's shoulder, the man smiles, and suddenly turns to ice, shattering under the blow. A few feet away, he appears behind his original target, ice still clinging to his form. He then slashes upward with his sword, fey magic still flowing from the blade. The otherworldly ice digs into the abomination, the cold seeming to pierce its very mind.

[sblock=mechanics]
Move: Ethereal Stride to H5
Standard: Piercing Shard on FF1
(IC is down, ENworld rolls incoming)

I'm assuming that's a hit. 15 cold and psychic damage, I am invisible to the target until the start of my next turn , and +2 to my defenses until the end of my next turn(from Ethereal Stride). Ha, mark this, fleshDORK!

[/sblock]

[sblock=Canus]
Canus Meran
Male Revenant(Human) Hexblade 4
Initiative: +6
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Insight: 12
Senses: Low-Light Vision
AC:22
Fort:15
Reflex:18
Will:18
HP:40/40
Bloodied:20
Surge Value:10
Surges left:7/7
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Eldritch Bolt
Icy Skewer

Piercing Shard[x][]
Ethereal Stride[x]
Shadow Step[]
Dark Reaping[]
Second Wind[]

Star Shackles[]
Lesser Planar Ally[]

Important Stuff:
-When Canus reduces an enemy to 0hp, or an enemy adjacent to him reaches 0hp, he can teleport up to 4 squares as a free action(maximum once per round).
-Whenever Canus drops to 0 hit points or fewer, he is dying but can choose to remain conscious until he attempts his first death saving throw. If he remains conscious, he can take only one standard action before he attempts his first death saving throw.

Conditions:

Full sheet: LEB:pC:Canus_Meran_(Pentius)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Dol Arrah, guide my companions blades against these aberrations!"

Answering the priests call, the area around deva and that strange human starts to glow. The emanations burns one of the flesh forged, but both enemies are clearly illuminated for easier striking.

The glow tingles at Canus flesh, but holy fires aren't focused on him (this time).

[sblock=Actions]
Move: J9
Standard: Divine Glow vs FF1 Ref; FF3 Ref; radiant damage (1d20+9=12, 1d20+9=19, 1d8+5=10) - kal'Taron and Canus have +2 power bonus to hit TENT (blast 3)

[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=neurotic]Divine Glow is a close blast 3, right? You'd need to be in J8 to catch Canus in it. I moved Venakhad there since you had the movement to get there. And being in J9 wouldn't protect Venakhad from any of the attacks that come his way anyway.[/sblock]

Riann catches both his foes in an arcane flourish, then steps back, ready to counter future strikes.

The fleshforged seem to have slowed down after the impetus of their initial attack. One of them flails at kal'Tarron only to be downed by holy light. The others maneuver in a manner that implies more intelligence than that found in simple zombies. But the only result of such is a light wound suffered by Riann.

The other constructs, however, are much more effective. Almost simultaneously they arch their backs before sending vicious blasts of electricity into the the center of the intersection. The energy arcs through adventurer and construct alike, leaving nearly everyone staggered.

[sblock=Status]
Belanaar: 20/40, bloodied
Canus: 17/40, bloodied, +2 to all defenses, +2 to next attack roll
kal'Tarron: 28/56, bloodied, 9 radiant to foes who attack or end adjacent, +2 to next attack roll
Riann: 38/62, marked by Fleshforged 4
Venakhad: 26/49

Fleshforged 2: -46/56+9, bloodied, Quarried, Aegised, Cursed
Fleshforged 3: -33/56, bloodied
Fleshforged 4: -12/56
Flesh Mortar 1: -9
Flesh Mortar 2: -9

Riann Curses Fleshforged 2 and swordbursts again, this time hitting both for 7 damage. Fleshforged 2 takes an additional 1 damage. He then shifts to F12.

Fleshforged 1 attacks kal'Tarron. Natural 1, and then it takes 9 damage and dies. Whoops, the link says that targeted Venakhad. Wrong strange holy person.

Fleshforged 2 uses Fleshforged Resolve to gain 14 thp. It then moves and attacks Riann, coming very close to hitting. It also takes 5 more damage from White Lotus Riposte.

Fleshforged 3 moves back a square, then charges Venakhad, but misses.

Fleshforged 4 moves back and charges Riann, hitting AC 33 for 8 damage and Riann is marked. Oh, and the Fleshforged takes 5 damage from WLR.

Flesh Mortar 1 moves up and shows a callous disregard for the well-being of its fellows by centering an area burst 2 on I9. All are punished. Erm, I mean, hits Venakhad with a 25 vs Reflex, Belannar with a 28, kal with a 28, and Fleshforged 3 with a 25. You all take 14 lightning damage. Belannar and kal'Tarron are bloodied. The Mortar takes 9 radiant damage.

Flesh Mortar 2 does the same thing, only centering its attack on I7. This time it's a bit better. Venakhad is hit with a 26 vs Reflex, Canus with a 29, Venakhad is missed with a 14, and the poor Fleshforged is hit with a 27. Those hit take 9 damage. Canus and Fleshforged 3 are bloodied. The Mortar takes 9 radiant damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Monster Info]
Fleshforged
AC 20 | F ? | R 15 | W ?
MBA: +9 vs AC, 1d8+4 and the target is marked

Flesh Mortar
AC ? | F ? | R ? | W ?
MBA: ?
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Hallways_r3.jpg
    Hallways_r3.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 98

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: SUMMARY: kal, Canus and Bel healed surge +7; Riann 4, Ven 21, Ven has +2 all defneses TENT and all allies and Ven get 5 thp. Ven is weakened TENT

In the face of such powerful assault, Venakhad falls back to what he does best, healing.

He moves back from the fleshforged and raises his hands in supplication.
"Lady of Honor protect us. Heal your faithful and help us overcome this obstacle." he intones and the blast of holy radiance blasts out of his form. He lays hands on himself and another blasts follows the first fortifying his friends.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: shift J9
Standard: Healer's Mercy healing Belanar, Canus and kal'Taron for surge +7 and Riann heals 4 (no surge)
Minor: Healing word on self healing 12+7+Healing word extra (1d6=2) = 21 - Venakhad has +2 to defenses TENT and all allies gain 5 temp hp, Venakhad is weakened TENT
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases