• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Lord Byron's Lost Silver (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

johnmeier1

Explorer
Come on, you can do it William Randolf Horst he encourages himself. His feet are a blur as he dances away from the gigantic creature towards the smaller humans. Kane! A little help here! Cries out Wil as he wipes blood from his mouth.

[sblock=OOC]Minor: Majestic Word - heals 19 and slide myself to H16
Standard (Move): Shift to G15 and gain +1 to AC/Ref TENT
Move: Moment of Escape to slide Kane 4 (as per Tenchuu) provokes from Wand
If the Wand takes the AoO, I will use my AP to attack it (since it can't take 2 AoO)
Standard (AP): Jinx Shot 1d20+12=20 (vs AC) for 1d10+8=12 damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Chord of Dissonance Trigger - Immediate Interrupt to the First Ally hit for 10 or more damage
Virtue of Prescience Trigger - Immediate Interrupt to the First Ally hit by 1 or less with an attack
Rhyme of the Blood Seeking Blade Trigger - Immediate Interrupt to the First Ally that misses in melee by 6 or less
Init: +5 Speed: 5 Perception:20 Insight: 18
AC: 20 F/R/W:15/17/20
HP: 45/50 Surges: 7/8 Surge Value: 10 AP: 1
Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Draconic
Str:8 Dex:14 Wis:14 Con:13 Int:10 Cha:21

Powers:
At Will - Jinx Shot, Cutting Words
Encounter - Second Wind[/s], Fox's Cunning, Twin Strike[/s], Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry[/s], Majestic Word (0/2), Words of Friendship, Moment of Escape, Chord of Dissonance[/s], Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade[/s], Virtue of Prescience[/s]
Daily - Arrow of Ill Omen[/s], Arrow of Warning, Bracers of Archery[/s], Inevitable Shot[/s], Songbow of Vanishment[/s]

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: I'll wait to see if Hergunna can dispatch the Giant Skeleton otherwise I'll take it out but I'd rather not waste damage and reach out someone else.

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk eyes the axe and grumbles to himself Hmmmf...that's going to have to wait. Dodging around Kane, Kruk also runs to aide Will by distracting the large skeleton. Hey ya big bag of bones! How bout a taste of my axe! Kruk follows the taunt with by swinging his axe wildly. However, the attack did draw the foe to him. Come on Kane...Get over here! They're all lined up like ducks in a pond!

[sblock=attack]
movement: move to g20: k20-j21-i21-h21-g20
attack: comeback strike: +12 vs AC: 1d20+12 = miss but enough to mark him
minor: second wind for 16 bring hp back up to max 67 and surges down to 10 of 12

[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Kane slides towards the edge of the ravine, but at the last minute he manages to stop himself, "Oh Kane, that not good idea, Mr. Lord Byron not be happy if you leave the others." the bugbear chides himself, although he somehow ended up on his back.

Then Wil calls for his aid, and suddenly it feels like he's being borne aloft by a choir of angels with the bard's melodic voice, as some otherwordly force carries the bugbear towards their foes. Kane opens his eyes (having them closed to enjoy the music) and sees the multitude of enemies over him. Ah, ok, Kane knew he be helpful, but he not know he was dis good on earth. This is the heavens the holy ones talks about? Ah, it look like fun" he says as he looks around "Oh, hey... everyone fall off cliff too? Kane is sad his friends deads, but is happy he can spend forevers with you" the barbarian says, as he buries his axe deeply in the wand bearing man near him and threatens the other foes with his twin weapons.

[sblock=ooc]
save (1d20=11) made the save, but fall prone.

*Take Wil's slide to H17 (yup, right into the middle of the baddies...)

Minor: quarry Demon King's Wand (DKW) @ G16
Move: Stand
Standard: Slash & Slash again on DKW - slash & slash again on DKW; dmg; dmg @ start of turn to DKW; bonecrusher; Skelmur (1d20+12=21, 2d12+8=26, 1d12+11=19, 1d12+11=20, 1d12+11=15) hits the DKW for 26 & at start of their turns (assuming they start next to Kane) the enemies take as follows: DKW (19); Bonecrusher (20) and Skelmur (15).quarry (1d8=1)

Total:
DKW: 27 + 19 at start of turn = 46
bonecrusher: 20 at start of turn
Skelmur: 15 at start of turn
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Kane Male Bugbear Barbarian 7
Initiative: +10, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Low-light
AC:22, Fort:21, Reflex:20, Will:16
HP:65/65, Bloodied:32, Surge Value:16, Surges left:8/11
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Howl of Fury
Whirling Rend

Furious Assault
Hunter's Quarry
Whirling Lunge
Whirling Frenzy
Whirling Step
Slash and Slash Again
Shrug it Off
Demoralize Foe

Swift Panther Rage
Rage of the Crimson Hurricane
Vanguard Weapon
Vagabond's Die
Raven Cloak +2

Important Stuff:
+1d8 damage when charging. Cool stuff happens when he bloodies or kills a bad guy

Conditions:

Full sheet: PC:Kane - L4W Wiki [/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina sees the skeleton closing in on Hergunna, and subsequently plants her dagger at the base of the things skull, dropping it before it can harm her friend.

[sblock=Actions]Sly Flourish vs. Skeleton
hits AC 32 for 12 damage[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
GM: John: Not sure how movement of escape provokes AoO (or which wand you mean, really) so let's just assume it does not take an OA.

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Oh.. duh. well, the other wrinkle, is that the DKW is 15 feet up in the air, on top of the gate wall. So, I'm interested to know if he could still take an OA. The only attack he has that would reach you is also ranged, so A can he even take it and B if he can wouldn't that draw a counter OA from you?

Regardless, I'm still going with no OA, even if it is possible.

Okay, maybe I should read better. Still no OA.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
The giant at the other end of the room has his hands full with Kane. So he never saw the bold that blasted him through the chest nor could he determine where it had come from.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard:Shadow Strike
Shadowstrike vs Bonecrusher AC (1d20+14+2=28, 1d10+9+2d8=26)
Minor: Reload

Special: Since Charina was hidden when she made Shadow Strike, she gets a free Stealth check to remain hidden
Stealth (1d20+19=31)
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Charina Female drow Rogue 6
Initiative: +10, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Low-light
AC:21, Fort:16 Reflex:22, Will:17
HP:49/49, Bloodied:24, Surge Value:12 Surges left: 7/7
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Sly Flourish
Probing Strike
Chameleon

Cloud of Darkness or Darkfire
Shadow Strike
Shadow Steel Roll
Agile Footwork

Confounding Strike
Go For the eye
Caustic Gauntlet

Important Stuff:
+2d8 sneak attack

Full sheet: [/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
[Sblock=Mal]Carolina already took out that skeleton so Charina could do whatever it was she needed to do. She's going for the trap next round if no one else does.[/sblock]

Remove ads