• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure:-- LPNN (Manzanita Judging)

two

First Post
Round 9

I6: I’m unclear, but it looks like Juliana is tripped and now prone, since she used the arrow to trip? (is that right?).

I6: Almayce bleeds.

I1: Vargo bleeds. Huln, seeing his master knocked to the groups, attacks in a particularly vicious fashion (gains a +2 circumstance bonus, i.e. the old “my master just bit it bonus”). Huln rolls a “7” and fails to make much of an impression.

ROUND 9! (the rounds are whizzing by).

LongTooth 20
Hallidor 20
Slinker 17
Ogrin 16
Stinker 14
Raz 13
Zaeryl 13
Juliana 6
Almayce 6
Vargo & Wolf 1

I20: LongTooth, faced with a prone or weaponless Juliana, steps back and gives her a thump. He rolls a “2” and misses, whatever Juliana’s situation.

I20: Hallidor, seeing his very good friend Almayce fall down next to him (rather conveniently, really) reaches down to his belt and uncorks a bottle.

“Together, my friend, we make an undefeatable team!” he whispers, as he leans over Almayce, provoking an AOO from Slinker, who rolls a “14” and easily hits him, doing 4 points of damage, sending Hallidor into the negative once again –

However –

The potion that Hallidor was attempting to throw down Almayce’s throat wobbles a bit, caught as it is upright in Almayce’s mouth, tipping to the left as Hallidor feels the rapier enter his side…tipping to the right as Almayce (in a swoon) turns his head towards a groan – then suddenly with a gurgle the potions releases into Almayce’s mouth, healing him 2d8 + 3 or, in other words, “15” points of damage.

I20: Slinker, having polished of Hallidor for the 2nd time with an AOO, and seeing how Almayce is all bright-n-bushy tailed, pokes and bites the prone cleric. “14” and “16” both indicating a high degree of bite-pokery. All told, Slinker does 7 points of damage. Almayce, having been bit, rolls a fort save: “20”. Yeah. Ok. You save. No wereRattage for you. Is Almayce at 1 or 0 or negative?

I16: Ogrin bleeds

I14: Stinker attacks twice, poke and bite, on poor Raz. Actually hits with the bite! Does “1” point of damage, and Raz saves vs. Lycanthropy…”11” no problem…

I13: Raz moves 5’, and throws down a CLW on Ogrin. “2” points total healing – at least he’s not bleeding anymore!

I13: Z bleeds.

I6: Juliana…does something…

Attachments

• boothill_round9.jpg
    boothill_round9.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 73

rln

Explorer
OOC: Ogrin is at -5 and stable. And Juliana is prone since she didn't use the arrow to trip (which is not possible; only whips and certain kinds of polearms and perhaps one or two other items can be used for trip attacks).

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana, 5/11, AC 18

Juliana stands back up (Which, unfortunately provokes an AoO), steps forward (Another AoO, if he has one left), and just attacks Longtooth with the silver arrow (net -2 (+2, -4 for imp weap) , 1d4+2, 20x2).

rln

Explorer
OOC: Moving forward would be a five-foot step which does not cause an AoO.

Also, it has been suggested somewhere that since standing up is a move action, you could use tumble to avoid the AoO. I don't find it in the "Rules of the game" article on Attacks of opportunity or the one about Movement, though, so it may be a house rule. DM call for the "standing up", I guess.

The articles does however say you can use tumble to avoid AoO while crawling 5ft, since that is a move action (see the end of this page).

Xael

First Post
Almayce, 3 / 10 HP, prone

Almayce grabs his CLW wand (Move action, causes an AoO) and uses it to possibly heal Hallidor for 6 points (Standard action for 1d8+1 healing, no AoO).

OOC: Almayce can't get to Zaeryl and heal him in 1 round. Sorry.

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Not even a cantrip or a heal check?)
OOC: All cantrips are used up, it takes a Move action to pick up the wand (and AoO), Move action to get up (and AoO), Move action to move next to Zaeryl (And AoO) and a standard action to cure him. Two rounds, which you (and probably Almayce) don't have. Zaeryl reaches -10 before Almayce gets to heal him.

Even if Almayce forgets the wand, he still needs to get up, move, and use the healing skill. So it still takes 2 rounds.

EDIT: Rasereit could of course move to try an untrained Heal check.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Razh sees his uncle's story flash through his mind as though from divine inspiration. He is heartened by the tale of victory, but realizes abruptly that Stinker is between Razh and his axe! In a mighty roar of frustration, he ignores the blow he knows is coming from his wererat opponent and darts around the rock to snatch up his waraxe in imitation of his ancestor, planning to smite his Stinky foe with the mighty weapon. But upon turning the corner, Razh catches a glimpse of Zaeryl, gasping his last breaths. Fates be damned! He cries out to the gods, Oh gods above, anyone who's watchin', don' let me lose another comrade, not li'e this! Give me haste, Mongrel! Abandoning his waraxe where it lays, Razh skitters over to Zaeryl and prays that he can pour his last cure potion down his battered friend's throat before it's too late.

OOC: I'd love to have Razh give Z his last potion (CLW), but it seems that Stinker is directly in his path. No matter the course of action he takes, he will not get that potion down Z's throat in time... I'm sorry...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads