• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) M1: Goblin Ears and the MTG (dpdx judging) COMPLETED

Gurdjieff

First Post
orsal said:
"So would I", says Nurlan, "but what do we do with these sleepyheads?"

"Just slit their throats. They won't tell much if they're from the guild and they'll probably be able to escape anyway. And I'm not really looking forward to meeting people with a grudge."

orsal

LEW Judge
Venus said:
"Just slit their throats. They won't tell much if they're from the guild and they'll probably be able to escape anyway. And I'm not really looking forward to meeting people with a grudge."

Nurlan seems uncovinced. "One of the hooligans already got away. The guild will soon know about this whether these guys escape or not. What I'm really worried about is doing anything that makes us look like criminals. If anybody sees us kill them, is there any reason for them to believe that we were the ones attacked? If we report this incident to the City Watch, showing we have nothing to hide, we'll be a lot safer. I'd rather have only the Guild coming after me than both the Guild and the Watch. Say, Jezibel, you'd know. Is vigilante justice accepted behaviour in this city?"

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: human cleric 1

Charlarn shakes his head, "I won't be a party to murder. I agree with Nurlan, we can bind them, then turn them over to the watch. Anyway, I don't think the guild would grant us mercy, if we don't do the same."

He turns toward Tenebrynn. "Let me see those wounds of yours. This should take some of the sting out of it." The cleric spontaneously casts cure minor wounds twice on the elf mage in place of 2 virtue orisons. If he has time, Charlarn will spontaneously cast cure minor wounds on himself in place of light.

Spells remaining
0–light, virtue (2);
1–bless, magic weapon, sanctuary*
*Domain spell

Gurdjieff

First Post
Steve Jung said:
Charlarn shakes his head, "I won't be a party to murder. I agree with Nurlan, we can bind them, then turn them over to the watch. Anyway, I don't think the guild would grant us mercy, if we don't do the same."

"Oh yeah, they looked really mercyful just now, ambushing us and even stabbing Nurlan to the ground. Yeah, they would have saved us if we didnt take them down. Besides, if this town is really as corrupt as we heard earlier, I'm not sure that we won't get the Watch on our tails anyway. "
Irene hurries back to the dropped thugs, signing Jezibel to wait a second. She then says:
"You can bind them, just let met do a quick search for anything useful. I'll go with Jezibel to the inn, you guys can drop em off at the Watch. I still think going to the Watch is a bad move, so I'd rather not show up there."

After her quick search of the thugs for anything like money, tags or other small objects, Irene hurries back to Jezibel, shouting to the party:
"I'll see you back at the Inn, okay?"

Manzanita

First Post
Jezibel

"Yes, see ya!" she shouts, finally turning and virtually running towards the inn w/Irene.

A search of the thugs reveals 20 gp, two longswords, two rapiers, two 50' lengths of hemp rope w/grappling hooks. two sets of theives tools, & 4 signal whistles.

orsal

LEW Judge
Venus (Irene) said:
"You can bind them, just let met do a quick search for anything useful. I'll go with Jezibel to the inn, you guys can drop em off at the Watch. I still think going to the Watch is a bad move, so I'd rather not show up there."

"Where is the inn?" asks Nurlan. "Jezibel, you were taking us there -- give us directions and we can meet up with you later."

Nurlan picks up the rope found on one of the thugs and, with the help of any other party members, begins to tie him up. He also begins to sing a lyrical melody (no magical effects, just aesthetic), which will probably be the first thing the captives hear when they wake up.

Erekose13

Explorer
After having been healed by Charlarn, Tenebrynn turns to him and says, "Thank you my friend. That blood was flowing something awful. I agree with you and Nurlan. We should turn these thugs over to the authorities. I dont think we will be getting much sleep this evening though." Tenebrynn turns to help bind and carry the thieves. He is much stronger than he looks and can possibly drag two of them.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads