• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) M1: Goblin Ears and the MTG (dpdx judging) COMPLETED

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 1

Manzanita said:
Jezibel is so ancy & in such a hurry, that she only shouts over her shoulder to Nurlan. "Ask for directions!"
Charlarn sighs. He turns to Nurlan, "Well, it appears our guide has left us. We can kill two birds with one stone, if we can find a watchman who can guide us."

Tenebrynn said:
"Thank you my friend. That blood was flowing something awful. I agree with you and Nurlan. We should turn these thugs over to the authorities. I dont think we will be getting much sleep this evening though." Tenebrynn turns to help bind and carry the thieves. He is much stronger than he looks and can possibly drag two of them.
The cleric replies, "You are welcome. I'm sorry I can't do more, since I am but a novice. Do you need help with this refuse?"

Manzanita

First Post
OK. I'm afraid I'm going to have to split the party at this point. Fortunately this is easier to do in PbP than on tabletop. Since 75% of the party is going to the watch, I'll keep that thread here. Venus, I'll open a new thread titled: Goblin Ears: Irene at the One-Eyed Owl just for you. Venus, please stop reading this thread at this point. The rest of you, please keep out of Irene's thread. You'll be meeting her again soon enough. (probably).

Manzanita

First Post
City watch

The three heros drag their bound captives out of the ally, Telebryn dragging two. They attract many a stare, and are quickly directed to a city watch station nearby. Soon you arrive, to meet the surprised faces of two middle-aged men, clad in leather armor. "What's all this then?" one asks.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
The three heros drag their bound captives out of the ally, Telebryn dragging two. They attract many a stare, and are quickly directed to a city watch station nearby. Soon you arrive, to meet the surprised faces of two middle-aged men, clad in leather armor. "What's all this then?" one asks.

First, are we taking all four thugs? Nurlan's not worried about the dead ones -- they're not likely to get into trouble if left unattended -- but if Tenebrynn thinks it's important to bring them along he will.

Second, the sleep spell should have worn off by the time we get anywhere. Nurlan will tell the newly-awakened captives "Hey, next time you want to kindap an innocent young woman, you'll have to stay awake a little longer." Let me know if they say anything in reply. Specifically, I'm interested in whether they have an explanation for their motives or objectives that differs from Jezibel's. This may affect how Nurlan explains the situation to the City Watch.

Manzanita

First Post
Orsal, these are very good points. I like to keep my games moving & sometimes lose track of certain lose ends. (as you may have already noticed.)

None of the attackers are dead. Two are unconsciouis and could die if unaided. Do you wish to leave them to their fate or try to heal them?

When the sleeping ones awake, they look around nevously, but refuse to answer questions.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Orsal, these are very good points. I like to keep my games moving & sometimes lose track of certain lose ends. (as you may have already noticed.)

None of the attackers are dead. Two are unconsciouis and could die if unaided. Do you wish to leave them to their fate or try to heal them?

When the sleeping ones awake, they look around nevously, but refuse to answer questions.

(OOC: No problem -- we just have to be prepared occasionally to backtrack.)

If the thugs are not yet dead, maybe it's best we do bring them along. Nurlan will not suggest any healing but won't dissuade Charlarn if he decides on his own to offer it. Also, he will not try to press them into talking. Once he can see they've declined his implicit invitation to comment, he will resume singing, although quietly.

Erekose13

Explorer
Manzanita said:
"What's all this then?" one asks.

Tenebrynn drops the legs of the two he is dragging, and looks up at the guardsman, "Thugs, they ambushed us while we were walking through your fair city. We are visitors here and would like to turn these men over to the proper authorities. Here you are, if you don't mind we would like to head on towards our breakfast." He is tired and annoyed at having to drag these bleeding men when he himself is still feeling under the weather.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 1

orsal said:
If the thugs are not yet dead, maybe it's best we do bring them along. Nurlan will not suggest any healing but won't dissuade Charlarn if he decides on his own to offer it. Also, he will not try to press them into talking. Once he can see they've declined his implicit invitation to comment, he will resume singing, although quietly.
Well, since no one present objects, Charlarn will attempt first aid on the dying thugs (Heal +5, DC 15) with his healer's kit (1 use each, 8 remaining).

He'll then ask the conscious ones, "Now, I did you a favor. Do me one in return. Who sent you and why? And who was the one leading you? He left rather quickly, didn't he. Loyalty cuts both ways."

Manzanita

First Post
Charlyn stablizes the two dying thugs. This takes some time on this part, as one's bleeding is quite difficult to stop. By the time he is stablized, he is in quite bad shape.

The thugs scowl when questioned. "Let us go, you fools," says one. "It will go better for you that way."

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
The thugs scowl when questioned. "Let us go, you fools," says one. "It will go better for you that way."

"And what about for the young woman?" Nurlan asks. "If you go free, can she expect another visit from you?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads